Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Friendly Range

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Hedge is filled with places. Some matching the appearance fo a place nicknamed the Thorns, others seemingly out of place. Stone, glass, chrome, anything was possible depending upon how the Hedge had been influenced it could be a very exotic trod or hollow that a Lost could find themselves in.

This was not one such exotic space. It was surrounded by briars and trees, only noteworthy for the rusted metal in places. The old car had gotten more overgrown since the blue Larcenist had last been here. The barbed wire from her hunting attempt was also present. Well, a couple of pieces of it caught the afternoon light at any rate. The Hedge had a thing for being destructive to mortal constructs. So did nature too for that matter, so maybe it wasn't the just the Hedge.

The fold out lawn chair Circe sat upon certainly wouldn't survive long. At least it had cup holders for her energy drink.

Now the question was how long would it take Roshon to follow Circe's directions to this trod?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Despite her better judgement, Roshon agreed to meet Circe out in the Hedge, but she wasn't happy about it. Like, maybe if they'd traveled there together, she wouldn't have minded that much, but going out there alone? Nah, that was some stupid shit.

Fortunately, Roshon could be a bit of a dumbass sometimes.

So here she came, hiking along the trod, looking more than a little pissed and holding her Mossberg at the ready.

"Yo, why the fuck are we out here?" Roshon called as soon as she spotted the surprisingly cheerful smurf.

"There's like a bajillion miles of empty desert in California, but you gotta pull this Tropic Thunder shit. What gives?"
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Roshon's vulgarity gets a smile from the Summer Queen. She approves.

"Fun. Well," she sings as she gets up from the chair, revealing a cooler hidden beneath it, "My car is having a tune up, the two best desert spots I know are in use fer exactly this," Circe drinks her Monster, "Plus there may be a coyote out in the Mojave that's pissed with me. Something about failing ta kill his roadrunner with a minigun I delivered." Roshon's bullshit meter shouldn't even need to be on to ding for that lie. "And I've used this place a few times. Some of the traps I laid aren't completely gone either."

Circe points with the can towards a small ditch partially filled with leaves. The punji stakes however are visible through the leaves. "Also I find that the Hedge did something ta the metal of the car. No ricochets but fun noises when ya shoot it," Circe holds both hands up with a massive grin as she watches Roshon. "Not when ya hit it with a hammer, only when ya shoot it. Want ta test that."

If Roshon looks at the chair Circe was using, she will note that there is a second full carry bag next to the chair. It is not shaped correctly for a folded chair.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Well, seeing as how the Summer Queen had pointed out the traps, and shooting up a weird hedge-car did have its appeal, Roshon relented, much of the hostility draining away from her, but only marginally less of the suspicion.

"Alright, but promise that you're not trying to attract some sort of Hedge Godzilla with all the shooting so you can see what I'm made of, or some crap."

They were both Lost. They both knew the weight a promise held, even if not bound by the Wyrd, so if Circe agreed, then Roshon would be game.

Besides, she had said she wanted an AK, and this was like crazy soon, and they were going to shoot up a hedge-car! That was pretty fuckin' dope.

5. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe scoffs at Roshon's worries. "Look at how I'm dressed," short khaki shorts, denim vest, t-shirt, sneakers. "Egomaniacal hunter with a boner fer a monster that'll kill me? Nope." Circe shakes her head. "The only monsters that were nearby was some briar wolves. And they're already dead. And if I was going fer Godzilla sized, ya'd be begging me ta make ya yer own Mega-zord ta match mine."

Circe spins on her heels to head for the extra chair bag. Circe bends over to retrieve the bag and plops it upon the chair. From it she removes a pop-culture infamous Soviet assault rifle from the bag. Blue hands twirl the rifle as she pulls out a magazine too from the bag.

Moving to face Roshon, the elfin Larcenist twirls the rifle, "AKM, current version of the AK-47 famed as one of Russia's two most popular export firearms. Well seen in the hands of frugal mercenaries, insurgents, American doomsday preppers, and a couple of national flags."

Circe offers the rifle to Roshon as she then starts playing with the magazine, "Standard 30 round banana mag. Extended clips I CAN make, but those take time. This is loaded with standard fullmetal jackets, good quality, made 'em myself," her Mantle suddenly goes full blast as she stops spinning the magazine, "NOT match grade." Then pulls back inside Circe, "Sorry, annoying customer insists on match grade. Easy enough ta get or custom make more fer me. If ya want Hedgespun bullets," Circe makes and X with her arms, "I am NOT responsible for the bullet made of acid, fire, music, or pure awesome energy destroying yer gun."

Circe Leans back to retrieve a second AK-47 modernized from the chair bag. This one is different from the one given to Roshon. It has a light mount attached to its barrel's right side.

7. Likes liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"Oooooh, gimme, gimme!" Roshon cried, lunging for the rifle, eager to get her weird bird-hands all over it.

She made sure to check that the rifle was unloaded, tucking the mag into a jacket pocked, and then checked the safety, but after making sure the gun was safe, she was all over it. Feeling the grain of the wood, the touch of the metal, the weight, everything. Her favorite, though, by far, was racking back the slide, just hearing and feeling the mechanics of the firearm at work, imagining what it would look like to see it all happening on the inside.

Finally, Roshon turned back to Circe, a goofy half smile twisting her lips.

"Well, I gotta hand to it you, you sure as hell delivered. So, let's talk payment. What do you want? Cash? Trade?"

Specifically, Roshon mentioned nothing about owing a favor.

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe giggles at the eagerness of Roshon as she hands over the gun and ammo. The amusement goes to being slightly impressed as the Chimera check proper safety. Circe doesn't do the same for her. She'd already cleaned, oiled, and checked both before packing them. It is good.

"Good reputation is good business my friend," she assures her, "Cash is preferred. Gold works too as trade, at least I don't object after a scary mundy paid in it." Circe has to consider what Roshon has to offer, "But I've dealt with gobo markets. What do ya offer ta trade."

Circe aims her own Kalashnakov away from Roshon as she has it locked and loaded. The Fairest takes aim at the car, and narrows her right eye so more red is visible then black.

Be a shame to miss something as big as the car.

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"M'kay, cash works," Roshon replied, wondering briefly if Circe accepted Bitcoin, or if she was going to have to hit a bank or something. Not hit as in rob, but as in, like, make a big ass withdrawal. A smuggled AKM probably had a hell of a markup.

Soooo...I've never bought through another PC before. How does this work?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe would probably prefer currency or other hard to trace valuables. Hipsters might like that online digital money, but most of it was quite traceable and whatever you worship have mercy if the server of bitcoin you use to pay off criminals crashes.

"Good, it was (Resources 3 disposable amount) ta get that fer ya. Bullets were just fun ta make," the elfin Fairest cheerfully admits. "Ya can pay it in installments if ya can't afford it right now" Circe smirks as she sights the metal target, "I'm the biggest supplier of Warsaw Pact ammo in the area."

Circe fires. And it hits. She laughs, "Huh, new sound."

ooc: As far as I know, it is essentially part of your monthly expenses from the Resources Merit. Resources determines how much you can purchase monthly, not necessarily how much you have even if it gives an approximation on the wiki. The Soviet rifle cost Circe 3 resources, so about $2000 of disposable monthly money. She'd expect Roshon to pay that back. The bullets cost her very little as she made them.

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"Aight, I'll get you the cash when we get back to the other side. In the meantime, though, nice shot. Let's see if I can get the same sound," Roshon said, stepping up beside Circe and raising her new rifle.

She didn't take long to aim, just a second or two, and then the AK fired, bucking back against her shoulder, her bullet hitting a about an inch to the left of where Circe had hit.

"Wanna play Horse?" Roshon asked, smirking as she looked back at Circe, the muzzle of her rifle dropping towards the ground.

1 success!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread