Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 39
DISPLAYED
The Resurrectionists Urn Garden

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Curtis made the quip of 'they saying we stupid,' it really took Quinn a lot to not add to that summation like the comeback queen she is. She bit her tongue on that one.

She also bit her tongue on Jackson's start of his diatribe, and yet, Quinn was not unsympathetic by nature. She knew not everyone's circumstances were as fortunate as her own. If you call any forced embrace 'fortunate.' Quinn didn't want to play the suffering Olympics because suffering was relative to all. Every being experienced it.

"I can happily agree to those terms. You should go to court because if you had, we would have already known each other at least by sight, Jackson." She paused a moment to look at Shane and nodded to him, and to Curtis as well. "I only came here with 5 Kindred total. The others you have been seeing are not apart of the group from Sacramento and have their own designs." She supplied the intel partly because she was trying to seem reasonable and partly because she had no idea what kind of dumb fucks were out there, and didn't wanna be blamed for their shit. She'd own her own groups crap, but not the others.

When things started to take a turn, Quinn could not intercede. Connor was the Whip of clan Nosferatu, and if he felt they needed a lesson, that was not something she could temper or override. Just as she would be pissed if he tried to overrule her authority with her own clan. She flinched slightly as Curtis took it upon himself to answer that challenge even as Jackson told him to back down. Connor had the map. He knew where the Rendezvous point was. She would take the out Jackson gave them and meet Connor at that point.

"Ms. O'Ryan, Mr. Northbridge...it is time to leave this place as we agreed. Whip O'Brien will do his duties as he see's fit. He knows where we are to go next. Let's go." If Maeve and Milton allowed it, she would usher them in front of her, guarding the year in case some itchy motherfucker decided to job on anything moving, or give chase...

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

The dread creeps up Milton's spine. A panic moving in like fog. His eyes widen, dart about. From haunt to haunt. Shadows seem deeper, darker. The whole world is re-cast in new shades of terror.

The Lord does not speak, does not trust himself to. Focuses all his will on not fleeing the scene immediately.

When Quinn bids them time to leave, Milton simply nods and begins to move in the direction the Shadow herds them. Too afraid to look back at the Haunts of Arkwright.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve barely makes a sound As she immediately follows her priscus out. She has a slight limp, but she knows she'll be okay. Hopefully. Unless something else gets to her before she's healed.
    | BP 2

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Vigor 2)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

After ensuring that the others leave safely, Connor turns back to Curtis, raising the sword to a ready position. "Are you sure you want to do this, Curtis? You can back down and none of us will think any worse of you. I will leave and go about my business." He says calmly. It wasn't entirely true for the other haunts, but for Connor it was. He already thought less of Curtis, who chose to disrespect members of the court. "If you don't, I can't guarantee what's going to happen to you." He wills his blood to give him the strength of many men in preparation for the fight.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

"Then I bid you a good evening, Priscus. Avoid the roads, if you can. I am going to set a distraction for you..."

The others walk away, unimpeded. They can correct their 2 o' clock heading and walk into Sigh Hill. Or turn and walk sideways into Laurell Hill.

The Nosferatu now turned to study Connor and Curtis. Somewhere behind him, Shane has finally herded Tobias and Theodore somewhere unseen. Does Quinn check on what the two silent watchers are doing?

"He could maybe put in a good word for us. As I did say we shall visit Court tomorrow."
    "Fuck Court, never needed no court before. And fuck this pretty boy ass-"
    "Curtis. Some respect." The tone of voice is ice, now. Intimidation is a tool with many applications, and this one is a blade held over Curtis' neck by a thread. Yet no overt threat.
    Curtis glares at Connor. The iron spike is lowered. The free hand unclenched.

Jackson looks to Connor. He raises an eyebrow inquiringly.

1 success

OOC

7. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor waits until Curtis lowers his spike, then he sheaths his own sword. "Thank you Jackson. I take no pleasure in fighting my own clan, it's simply part of the job. I can put a word in for you with the Priscus, Jennifer Hazelton. I suggest you find a way to meet with her before going directly to the court. She may be able to find a way to smooth over any laws you've unknowingly broken." He pauses a moment to look over the few remaining haunts present. "I don't want you all to fall to the wayside. You are family, no matter what happened here, and family has to stick together to see each other succeed. Especially us as haunts. After you all present yourself at court, I'll return and talk to all of you; I'll figure out what you want to see for clan Nosferatu and relay it to the Priscus. If that works out, my visits will be recurring, so that we are all on the same page about what's going on. Is that favorable?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn quickly scans to see if she can spot the haunts that were invisible before, to see if they were really 'put up' or were they gunna follow them? Or go to distract the guards?

Roll to pierce Obfuscate

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

When Quinn pauses to scan the area, Milton stops as well. He's not sure what she's looking for, but he's also unwilling to continue without her.

He remains silent, avoiding the temptation to turn around and glance back at the Haunts. The Miasma of Dread is too thick.

Instead he waits, unmoving, for the Priscus of Shadows to conclude her business. Once she does, he will follow her onward, away from the terrors of the Urn Garden.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Jennifer Hazelton

Jackson gives Connor a long look. Apparently thinking. He finally replies.

"I imagine our next meeting will be less aggravating. I shall come to the city tomorrow and look about for the Priscus."

Quinn studies the area. She notes that the two kindred she saw earlier were now standing with Jackson.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread