Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
39
POSTS

The Resurrectionists Urn Garden

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
  1. #1
    Seryna's Avatar

    Jennifer Hazelton

    The height of Chapel Hill drops suddenly into this dank, shallow ravine. The only light that falls into this crack slips through a wooded canopy to make weird purple patterns of light on the ground. Smooth river stones wind a path through this place, like a serpent winding through. Urns lay along the steep ground like teeth. Narrow mausoleums poke from the hillside here and there.

    Do describe how your character is moving - briskly walking or even running north towards Lady Grief? Or looking out for the Lancea Sanctum (and making the required roll for that?)

  2. Likes liked this post
  3. #2
    Milton's Avatar
    Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status
    (Finance)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Contacts
    (Finance, City Hall)
    Milton

    2
    PRE

    Milton is not quite sure which way Maeve has gone, but he does know that Lady Grief waits for them on Sigh Hill. And that she will supposedly provide them with a key. He hopes that the blue-haired Shadow also remembers this fact and acts accordingly.

    In the back of his mind, he's troubled by the implications of Conner's presence. They're not alone. Who knows how many of the Priest's comrades are lurking.

    Still, there is only so much time. And the job must be completed tonight. So he moves on, hoping the others catch up in short order.

    Milton pauses to extract the cemetery schematics from his bag, once again pleased that he'd taken the time to visit the Office of Records and Deeds. He looks them over, glancing up and around, trying to match the 2D projection to the dreary world around him.

    2 successes

    Once he's fairly certain of the correct bearing, he sets off again at a brisk, but not too brisk, walk through the abundant headstones and monuments.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1
    The Ressurrectionists:

  4. Likes , liked this post
  5. #3
    Seryna's Avatar

    Jennifer Hazelton

    Milton consults his papers, and realizes that he is a bit off in his direction. Laurel Hill was a bit more direct, by the crow flies from where he was standing before at the dead boy's tome. As Milton is paused, still in the cemetery... Alone... something makes him look to the left. Not on a direct path to Sigh Hill.

    Sunken almost sideways into the ground to your right, like a shaft, is an open-mouthed mausoleum that reeks of stale blood. It's difficult to see from here, draped in spidery green vines, but you can see a broken iron gate flanked by imitation-Grecian urns. Black soil spills over the edge of the mausoleum, unkempt. No groundskeeper has been here in years.

    What do you do?

  6. Likes , Endymion liked this post
  7. #4
    Milton's Avatar
    Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status
    (Finance)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Contacts
    (Finance, City Hall)
    Milton

    2
    PRE

    Milton's first thought upon realizing he's somewhat off course is to circle back, find his comrades, and advance from there as a group. It is the only prudent option. His unease only increases when something seems to catch his eye to the left.

    He's about to turn around when he spies the opened tomb. The smell of stale blood, the black earth. Someone... Something... has recently disturbed this mausoleum.

    Could it be? Is this Pope's resting place? Are they too late? Have Conner's compatriots already located and retrieved the Liar?

    Go back, Milton... Tell them about this... Something's not right...

    And yet, Milton is a curious sort. And, at just this moment, that curiosity is getting the better of him.

    Instead of heading back, he approaches the tomb, examining the signs of its recent disturbance.

    How had it been opened? From the inside or the outside? What is the source of that bloody scent? Are there any signs of something being removed from within and where it might've been taken?

    Milton's keen mind turns over the available details and data, looking for patterns, answers...

    Investigation Roll, 3 successes
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1
    The Ressurrectionists:

  8. Likes , , liked this post
  9. #5
    Maeve's Avatar
    Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

    2
    PRE

    Maeve watches as the others start mobilizing, including Milton, who was heading near her direction. She swears she saw something just right to the left of her. What was it? It had to be so quick for her to not have been able to catch it with her eyes. "Movement to the left, I swear to god," Maeve says, quietly, but hoping Milton will hear her. She never stops moving.

    She will follow Milton as he has progressed past her and while she does so, she keeps an eye out for whatever it was she saw or any other movement.

    Perception - 2 Successes
    | BP 2

  10. Likes , , Endymion liked this post
  11. #6
    Seryna's Avatar

    Jennifer Hazelton

    Milton approaches the Mausoleum. As he moves forward, he examines the door to see how it was opened. Brute strength would be his first guess. It was pulled open from the outside, as he studied the grooves down on the floor, deep into the black earth. Yet as his eyes move over the floor, he sees something else.

    Footsteps. Back and forth, in some case, overlapping. Into and then out of the tome. No scurrying or disturbed ground to hint at a fight. Yet no drag marks of hauling out a sarcophagus or coffin. Yet at the edge of these feet, he sees an impression that he can't quite make out. Following the impressions towards the mausoleum, and the strange drag marks behind the impressions... hands. And knees. As though someone were crawling inside.

    As he walks, his feet disturb the ground, kicking up something in the ground. Blood stains. And little white cubes. As he bends forward to check, he realized what they were. Human teeth. Knocked clear out of someone's mouth with violence. There were at least 30 teeth beneath the surface of the ground, if he starts to pry. The teeth were different stained colors, one set of six old and yellowed, worn. Eight more front teeth, chipped and slightly worn.

    Will Milton or Maeve move past the entrance?

    Maeve looks off into the inky black. Her eyes move over the purple patterns on the ground, looking for signs of whatever it was earlier. Her eyes hit on something white in the ground. Trailing upwards, her eyes move over naked arms, up to a raggedy clothed person kneeling on the ground just 3 meters to Maeve and Milton's left. Person is used loosely. For it's mouth is wide open, gaping with snaggleteeth. It's eyes bore into Maeve as it becomes aware that she sees him. It scrambles through the mud on all fours, sideways. Into the black. More frightening, melting into the black all around you.

    Maeve and Milton suddenly feel the press of Predator's Taint coming from the kneeling creature. BP 3

    3 successes

    2 successes

  12. Likes liked this post
  13. #7
    Milton's Avatar
    Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status
    (Finance)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Contacts
    (Finance, City Hall)
    Milton

    2
    PRE

    Absorbed in his attempt to make sense of this scene, Milton has crouched above the tracks. He looks between the footprints and the grooves left by the forced gate.

    He's picking teeth out of the ground, making a little pile, when Maeve appears.

    "Oh Christ..." he hisses, jumping to his feet. His bloodless face is a mask of surprise, fear, anger... It takes a moment to settle his Beast. Slowly, he composes himself.

    "Ms. O'Ryan you...surprised me," he says softly. Dusts off his hands, but there's still dirt under the nails. When he speaks again, his voice is pitched just above a whisper: "I...felt that too." Not a good sign, both of them having the same sense of being...watched? Followed? Hunted?

    He nods at the ground. "Teeth," the word oddly flat, as if he's commenting on the weather. "It seems someone was hurt, badly, just here." He's sure she can smell the blood. "The gate was forced from the outside. No easy task. Someone's crawled within as well." He looks from Maeve to the tomb and back again. Wondering if she is brave enough to investigate further. Milton most certainly is not.

    But, the Shadow seems to be distracted. Milton turns his attention to the left, where she is focused. What has she seen?

    And that's when it hits him: the presence of a stronger Beast. And it's not Maeve's. Another Kindred, a stranger, is close. Again, a shiver of red terror traces the length of his spine, the desire to flee exploding in his dead brain. Again, his face is twisted into a grimace of fear, anger, surprise. Again, he must take a beat to calm the Monster.

    All the while, his eyes search that area to his left, following the angle of Maeve's gaze. Looking for the threat.

    Perception, 4 successes
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1
    The Ressurrectionists:

  14. Likes , , liked this post
  15. #8
    Connor OBrien's Avatar
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

    +1
    SL
    -1
    NOS
    3
    PRE

    The haunt enters the Urn Garden, easily finding Milton and Maeve, who are being less than stealthy. It's then that the beast hits him, screaming at him to run. This is neither Maeve nor Milton, unless their beasts have gotten stronger in the short time since he was last seen them.

    He pushes the flight response his beast want to take deep down, looking between Milton and Maeve. "What is that? I can feel it, but can't see anything."

    He scans the area once more, looking for whatever is giving off this strong presence.

    1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    Ressurectionists:

  16. Likes liked this post
  17. #9
    Maeve's Avatar
    Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

    2
    PRE

    Maeve nearly shrieks, her beast screaming at her to run. RUN. RUN BITCH RUN. Hell, even her human side would have her run as fast as she possibly can. Her whole body tenses as she tries to force herself to stay for the moment. "Fucking, mother fucking monster, what the ever loving...?" she looks visibly shaken. At the same time, it isn't like this is the first time she's seen something as terrifying... maybe?

    She points to the left where she saw it, "It just ran. It saw me see it. We're probably gonna have a fight on our hands if we keep going." Her hand moves to where she has her gun hidden on her body, as if ready to draw. "Do we want to move forward?" She looks at the two of them, trying to gauge their reactions. The girl isn't afraid of a fight necessarily, but she didn't want to fight this thing. While she waits on their response, she keeps her eyes peeled in case the thing attacks.

    Perception - 1 Success
    | BP 2

  18. Likes liked this post
  19. #10
    Seryna's Avatar

    Jennifer Hazelton

    Connor, Maeve and Milton all watch something out of a nightmare. Shapes appear from the hill above, descending into this mouth of the mausoleum where you are. Three shapes move towards you. One remains still, higher up the hill looking down on you.
    Milton was scanning the inky black alongside Connor and Maeve. Milton sees a horror – a vampire on all fours slicing through the inky black. The creature had not been there a moment before.
    Milton also gets the sense that there may be more than one shape. Holding. Watching, staring down at you from the high ground.
    One shape moves sideways on all fours in the mud, flanking you on the left. Two more descend straight on, moving towards all three of you. One moves just a bit faster. On all fours, leaning into you, this creature looks to meet your eyes. Its yellow eyes bulge out from the vampire’s bony face.

    "Gone!" It hocks the word up through a throatful of blood. "Gone!"

    Connor, Maeve and Milton spy the original beast – this one is on all fours, holding back about 2 yards from the action. The vampire’s clothing is ragged and black, save for a red and black checkered flannel shirt, frayed at collar and wrists. The restraint triggers something in part of your vampire brain – the first creature has resisted the throes of frenzy. These other beasts, however, appear lost to their Frenzy and reduced to bestial animals.



    We are now on combat turns! Include your Wits + Composure post here
    Posting rate: If the ST informs you that for combat the 48 hour rule will be exchanged by "Combat Posting," Please be aware of the following:

    You must post within 24 hours of the turn before your own or be considered to have Held your action.
    Held = Dropped from initiative to return with missing actions
    Delayed = Initiative lowers to whatever the player decides or when they remember to post within the same turn
    Details on combat


  20. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread
     

Similar Threads

    • 56
    • POSTS
    • Today
    • 23
    • POSTS
    • Oct 1st, 2021
    • 18
    • POSTS
    • Sep 10th, 2021
    • 37
    • POSTS
    • Aug 29th, 2021
    • 8
    • POSTS
    • Dec 23rd, 2020