Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Attempting to form a Cabal III

THREADID
Jul 20, 2021 : Attempting to form a Cabal
Aug 19, 2021 : Attempting to form a Cabal II
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Continuing here! Crystal is up!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Damn, who would have thought that it was Mordechai to set them straight. Because when the Ladder-er put it like that, Crystal almost felt stupid for not thinking that from the get-go. "Whoa, if that's what happens when you lawyer out then I'd say we're pretty well prepared to deal with anything the Consilium could throw at us. You're right." A moment of awestruck silence. "Fuck, yeah you're right. Good points."

So that meant rethinking the situation for himself. He was definitely still in it, but maybe he hadn't been taking this seriously enough. Their choices would have influence over the others' lives. How's that for a scary thought? "I can deal with that. I'd say generally my ego is strong enough to not pout over getting outnumbered and I got the impression that we're very much on the same page about most things anyway. Call me naive, but maybe we won't be disagreeing with each other as often as we're fearing right now. But even better to have those things ironed out before it gets to it." He looked at his empty glass, furrowed his eyebrows in reluctant sensibility and got up to fill it with some water.

He regarded Kaze with a thoughtful look as Guru answered. "Yeah, I think I'm with Guru here. I mean, I don't see any of us going intentionally behind the others' backs." And if they were, maybe there would be some deeper issues within the Cabal - but that was some grade-A negative thinking here. "Consider that: if it's important enough that you wouldn't want it voted down, don't you think we - as Cabal and friends - would be on your side about it? Well, unless it'd involve burning a pile of babies with Puck." This one had a high chance of becoming a running gag, at least in Crystal's book.

Caretakers? Now, that he could also get behind. "Mmh, yeah that's also not a bad idea. I guess there are several options that could work. But which one feels right? We'll also have to consider that the next official gathering is just around the corner. Do we want to announce this Cabal then or do you want to wait a few months to finalize our plans?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai was glad that everyone heard him out. He felt like he was steamrolling the direction and it was nice to hear the others seemed to appreciate where his mind was going.

He nodded at Kaze's last question and responded "I agree with Guru and Crystal. I also don't see any of us purposely gaming the system for advantage.

*Mordechai nodded enthusiastically and gave a laugh as Crystal circled back to dark humor. "You nailed it right on the head, I want each of you to succeed. In whatever path you choose. If you manage to draw the ire of some rival or another, you don't have to face it alone that's the point"

Mordechai laughed at Guru's "Three Kings" joke. He could already feel the irritated stares of disapproval from o.c.d. mages.

"I am not married to any particular name, but Caretakers does hit close to the mark. They all have some merit though. You did bring up another excellent point Crystal. When do we announce ourselves?"
    • Member of the Caretakers.

6. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Caretakers..." Kaze says frowning slightly. "Yeah, okay I can see that." He says decisively after a brief hesitation. "It's got a different meaning to me, from taking care of my mom when I was a kid and she had cancer." He explains. "But that was then, and this is now. I'm cool with it." He decides.

Kaze grins at the agreement that no one was thinking of gaming the system or worrying about someone else doing it. "Cool." He says.

He listens to Eulogy pulling them back on track, like checking off agenda items. Thank God for him and his organizational skills!

"Okay, so I figure the big question before we decide on when to announce our Cabal is who is going to make the announcement? Then whoever it is should get like two votes on when." He says, grinning. "I nominate you, Eulogy."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru was more and more glad that Eulogy got the invite as he might be the only hope the naďve Shaman might have to navigating politics. Just the thought of it and the discussion about the formal meeting and when to announce it shot a spike of hot pain between his eyes. He could feel the headache starting to build and his first thoughts were to get more wine. "Gonna pop another bottle, anyone want more wine." He motioned around the table using that excuse to pinch and rub at the bridge of his nose.

He listened even as he worked the cork out, not like he'd been far either. "So we have a system in place." He reiterated as he poured his own glass of wine first before holding it out for raised glasses to appear for him to fill, or not fill. He sat down and picked up his glass, giving a soft smile to Kaze knowing that aspect of it too because it was just as important. He couldn't help but look at Eulogy as that thought passed through his mind. "And now, a name, I think." He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"I'll second that vote." Another swallow of wine as he raised his glass with a playful smile on his face. Passing the buck, maybe. "I'd like to take myself out of consideration since I'm also going to have to announce that I'm the Councilor of the Shamans as it is. To my first shit show." He raised his glass and then killed it. Clearly handling it well.

10. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal raised his glass quickly when Guru was pouring out another round. While he wanted to keep a clear head during their discussions, it seemed like they were closing in on an agreement. Plus, he felt like he deserved it. "Yep, we have a system and I like that name. I guess it's decided then? And some time we can go out and look for a possible location to claim." He looked around to see if anyone felt the call to that job in particular. "I'll go, but I think a second opinion couldn't hurt. Or we'll have another meeting in a while to talk more about it."

"I'll also vote for Eulogy to announce the Cabal. Also I'd go one step further, Kaze: I'd say the one announcing the Cabal is the first tie-breaker, not just for the question on the 'when'." He raised his cup to Guru and while he didn't empty it in one go he took a hearty sip. "I guess I'll also announce my wish to become Councilor next Consilium." And while he was probably just about as unsure about it as the Shaman, he acted a bit more confident about it. "Which poses the question if we'd like to announce the Cabal at that meeting. I'll vote for yes. If someone doesn't like the power distribution, they won't like it even if we announce it some other time." He smirked at the Moros. "Plus, if anyone can sell them on the idea, it's you."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy listened to the other three and nodded. ”Well, it doesn't look like I have much of a choice.” He said. His tone was light and joking, The smile on his face indicating he wasn’t upset at being the one who addressed the Concilium.

In between sips of wine he added. ”I agree with Crystal. Might as well get it out of the way early and the next group meeting is as good a time as any. I would like to ask for one favour though. I think it would be strategically sound for both Guru and Crystal to announce their councillorship before I announce the formation of our Cabal. This will change the perception from one Cabal muscling into the governing body into three councillors unifying. A slight but distinct difference.” Politics was a minefield, Eulogy thought it best to mitigate as many hard feelings as possible out of the gate.

Should we wind this to a close so it becomes cannon before the next meeting? We can always start a “New Day” meeting if we need to hammer anything else out.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow. You guys are awesome! This is really going to happen!" Kaze exclaims, grinning!

Excellent points as always? Whew!!!! I apologize for the abruptness, but I'm going to go ahead and just get this into continuity here and"fade to black for the rest of the scene! Thanks to you all for your putting in the time and effort to work this all out in character! You all are amazing!!!!

15. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post
Closed Thread