(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods at Anatole 's points. He's right, it would look poor in terms of looks and those looks are everything when it comes to the dance. She offers a soft smile, "I don't know that I'll do it either, but I'm taking a little bit to think on it," she looks toward the gathering group, "There are quite a lot of them already. I'm sure they'll be fine to navigate on their own, wherever they may be going." At the same time, this is a hunt with her research partner in mind. Would it look bad on her if she didn't? Maybe she should at least hear Rhodes out for what the plan is? Now she isn't sure.

It is then she is somewhat startled by a familiar voice in her ear, words spoken through shadow with a sweet whisper and a code. She recognizes the true intent of the words immediately and her eyes can't help but follow his direction for the briefest second. The tiniest hint of a blush crosses her cheeks and had it not been for the constant chill and her makeup already accentuating her rosy cheeks, it might have been noticeable. There is a hint of relief there too. He was a little cold, but he's likely just overwhelmed. She can't help but think 'Just wait till your coronation'. She'll fully accept the apology after a kiss later.

Keep cool - 2 Successes

Her eyes focus back on Anatole and she offers another smile, "Still, I'm proud of you. What else have you been up to, by the way? Since the Hedge, we haven't really had a chance to speak."

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit made his way back to the main hall of the festivities. He wasn't looking for empty small-talk any more than before, so he just went to a relatively empty space and placed himself there. Now that he had done his duties he had time to actually look around and regarded Cassandra and Anatole with a wave and a nod. This party, like any other party before, would end in due time.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole raised an eyebrow. For a brief moment an ugly line cut through his effusive curls - more sneer than smile. Very quickly, the line shifted - stretching and softening.

The wizened huffed.

"Well. Thank you. It has been... earned. I guess."

His face darkened again, teeth bared. His knuckles turned white where he gripped his walking stick. Shaking himself, he continued:

"What have I been doing? Trying to make money by investing. Slowly. Carefully. I'm getting there."

He tapped the side of his nose.

"I have a plan, see..."

Nope. Not telling the Onyx Courtier that Titania was in on the scheme as well. Cassandra could learn that for herself.

"Eventually I hope to buy some property. For fun and profit. And to assist the Freehold."

Why not? He eyed the Artist with a conspiratorial air.

"Ever think that the Freehold is a little too invested in this tiny theme park?"

Maybe he could plant thought-seeds of his own. The Dread Lord seemed to be doing well with his hunt, after all.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Ah yes, the dance again. Cassandra wonders if the Wizened remembers their conversations from before. Wow. Before everything. It's been almost a year, but they spoke on this topic previously - the investments, the beliefs that the Freehold needed to expand beyond the theme park, figuring out exactly who is involved. She received confirmation on one from the source, but the other is just an educated guess. The only guess that made sense, honestly. At that time, the only other person was Titania.

Something else tickles at her mind, something she'd filed away for safety. You make a cute couple. It's what Anatole said at the Winter Coronation to John and what he told her during their little tea time. One day she'll thank him for making John begin to realize how she felt about him.

"It would be good to expand beyond the park, dip our fingers into different areas so we can expand our reach. A risk, of course, of spreading ourselves too thin is something to be concerned about." A truth. A small freehold means less room to spread resources. "It's something that would be good to discuss as a group as it will take effort on everyone's part."

She eyes him curiously then, a slight smirk finding her lips, "you're still interested in that old place, right?" She wouldn't specify for his privacy, but she knew he'd been looking at utilizing Meg's old place. She'd even mentioned the idea to Rhodes who wasn't overly receptive.

But maybe dancing the dance could be a little more fun, "How's Titania, by the way?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"I am glad someone else sees the value in expansion."

The little smile that quirked through Anatole's effusive curls was almost impish.

"A risk? Everything we do is a risk. Our lives are a risk."

He shook his head slightly.

"Getting everyone together for a project like... Like what I'm planning? No. We are a small Freehold, remember? Going public, as it were, would simply muddy the waters. No. No. No. This project is best kept in the background until it can be achieved in one big act. That way, things will get done. Otherwise nothing would change because... well... too many cooks and so forth. Let the others focus on Anne and the Hedge. Anything this side would just be a distraction right now. Yes?"

An eyebrow arched, his eye twinkling in its socket.

"I definitely have an interest."

His impish smile matured, briefly turned sinister, then softened into enjoyment. Anatole could play games as well.

"Titania appears well. When I catch a glimpse of her. She burns brightly, swooshing by like a blazing comet. I haven't had much contact with her in some time."

Partially true.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

From where he stood Gerrit could hear and see most of the things that were happening around the room.

Cassandra seemed to chat up Anatole. He used to have a better connection to the dwarf - did life just get in the way or was it Anatole's behaviour on patrol that made the Ogre wary of him? Then again, Gerrit didn't know the whole story. Maybe Oliver was about to hurt them, so the Wizened interfered.. with an axe to the back.
    Hm.
    With how well John seemed to get along with Anatole, he couldn't help but wonder if Cassandra's interest in the Dwarf stemmed from her Autumn-adjacent curiosity or if Gerrit's status as third wheel was to go to someone else. Don't be ridiculous. Right, they swore a Pledge. And they're your friends.

A lot of people were signing up for the hunt. The two new Lost seemed to know each other - did they arrive together or have they bonded over their newcomer status? - and the Summer Court apparently took Liam under their wings and signed up together. But most interestingly this left Seraphina abandoned at the table. The Stonebones actually turned a bit to focus on that sight better. What did it feel like for the Queen of Desire to be ignored in favour of a glorified scavenger hunt? It was curiosity, not malice, that made Gerrit ask himself that question, but before he could follow that train of thought he heard Rhodes announce the target.

His reaction wasn't as strong as Seraphina's, but a painful shudder went through his body anyway. Apparently, hunting your Fetch was a common past-time currently. And judging by the Dread Lord's skill and intellect this might be quite the quarry indeed. Since he had no relationship with Rhodes deep enough to justify him meddling with those things, he was doubly sure not to participate. But Gerrit looked at every interested Lost again - things could get dicey for those in the future and maybe there was some fallout.

Some fare-wells to expect.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra listens to Anatole and sometimes the man can just sound so sketchy. It amuses her to a great degree and she wonders to herself if that's what she sounds like sometimes. She'd have to be careful of that. Not that she does as sketchy things as she used to.

"I didn't mean working together on the same project, but rather an encouragement to invest in what they are already doing. I have my hands in the symphony, both as a musician and a crafter. Because I'm working in that area, I'm extending our reach amongst that crowd." She pauses, "Now, of course, you also mean via physical buildings, which gets into a different space all together."

She pauses, considering, "If you aren't able to secure that particular building, I'm certain you have other options in mind? I'm happy to lend a little aid if you need help with any start up. I know it isn't some people's preference that you keep with that building you've been looking at securing. "

He speaks of Titania as if he really hasn't spoken to her much recently and that sits odd with her. They're supposed to be a motley, aren't they? At least, that's what John had said when the three of them were looking to form a motley. Maybe Anatole and Titania didn't work out either? Then again, her own motley doesn't always have the time to hang out as they'd like.

"She's impossible not to look at, isn't she? I hope you two will have some time to catch up then... in fact, odd she isn't here tonight, isn't it? I wouldn't have imagined she'd skip out on a coronation." That is somewhat concerning.

She looks at Gerrit from afar and gives him a look as if he is welcome to join their conversation if he'd like, but she'll never press.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

4 days left folks!

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole blinks and focusses completely on the Onyx Courtier.

"What? You mean just ... encouragement? And perhaps learning about our collective strengths and interests?

He barked a laugh and took on a thoughtful pose as he ruminated about the Polychromatic Artists's words.

"If I've lost the opportunity for obtaining the first place... hmmm... Titania had another idea. A storied one, really: it would be a return to the past of it were to succeed."

He allowed himself a smile.

"What kind of aid are you suggesting?"

The interest was evident in the sly look on his face, which quickly evaporated as the conversation turned to back to the burned dwarf's missing associate.

"Yes."

The word is drawn out as Anatole cranes his neck, frowning.

"That is... interesting..."

A pause.

"Gerrit! Come join us. Its been too long! How have you been, my friend!"

Was he changing the subject?

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

His mind was going cold places when Anatole's voice made Gerrit's attention snap back to the other two Lost not interested in Rhodes' Fetch. He turned slowly, a frown just barely visible on his face before it reset to neutrality again. Did he really expect to be left alone for the rest of the evening? Then again, wasn't he just thinking about how he and Anatole hadn't talked recently?

He started moving, a big sluggishly at first but then he found his usual speed again. He even smiled at the Dwarf and the Artist when he joined their group. "Hello Cassandra, Anatole." He lingered with his look a bit on Cassandra before turning to Anatole. "How have you been since-" basically being dragged out of the Hedge after sticking your axe into the back of another Lost?

A bloody smack from somewhere deep inside the Ogre's throat as he cleared it and continued his question in a more.. diplomatic manner. "Excuse me. How have you been since we stumbled upon one of Ann's Hollows?"

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread