Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
181 - 190
DISPLAYED
(PRP TH) - Treasure Hunt!

Page 19 of 20 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last

The coffin didn't have a latch, nor any hinges or other means of sealing it. If he had to guess, the pane of glass had probably been melded onto the stone with Magic - another spell that had been lost to time. If he chose to he could push the cover away and get access to the corpse and the necklace. The Ghost didn't seem to have any issue with the Moros' that searched for ways to disturb her remains.

At least she didn't react to it for now.

No roll needed to push it open or break it directly.
    Seems like we're nearing the finish line!

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle nods to Corn's directives, patting her pocket where the rival Mage's lucky coin and phone were stored. "Done and done. And thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not going to be the one to give the news to your wife if you die. We're bringing you back." Or I guess 'I'm' bringing you back. Go Team Carry! Her last remark is only a little sarcastic; she really does want all of their crew to get out in one piece. Even if one of those pieces is an owl.

She braces for whatever comes; owl cradled in one arm, knife poised for action.

stats
    Artifact

4. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Here goes nothing... Corn thought and after taking a deeep breath, he gently pushed aside the glass, noticing that whatever spell held it in place, seems to have been gone. As the glass pan was enough to the side to allow him access to the choker, he used the light of his cellphone to try and find the clasp. Then, dividing his attention between the choker and the ghost, he used a hankerchief to open the clasp from the corpse's neck and retrieve the choker, avoiding contact or disturbing the corpse as much as possible. He half-expected the item to place a curse on him, but nothing seems to happen as he touched it.
    After the choker was freed, he focuses his attention mostly on the ghost as he slowly retrieved it. Corn found himself citing a prayer for the soul despite the soul being a few feet from him, waiting for her lover.
    If nothing bad happened, he would carefully put the glass pane back in place.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Belle's gung-ho attitude might been a bit premature - they're still underground, are carrying their friend stuck in owl form and have to maneuver around someone who had started their encounter relatively reasonable and ended it in manic yelling. On the other hand they've overcome obstacles such as 'bringing no light' and 'acquiring an Artifact' - and that certainly counted for something.

As Corn fiddled with the choker the Ghost looked up in alarm, then slowly grew less visible and disappeared all-together. If he had to guess she just couldn't keep up her materialisation, since his Grim Sight confirmed that the Ghost hadn't moved on or otherwise been banished. But hey - at least she didn't attack or otherwise oppose his efforts.
    Although he could pick up that it certainly had power - and therefore was a genuine magic item - nothing happened as Corn took it. So the Mystagogues could add 'probably not overtly cursed' to the list of positives.

He only had to climb down his makeshift ladder and then they had to decide what do with the sleeping beauty.

Corn can climb down using the same roll as before (Str + Athl [which is boosted]), 2 successes to not have to jump. The locket is small enough to pocket it.

8. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle doesn't hear any screams or see any crazy paranormal weirdness going on, so she allows for a sigh of grateful relief. Thank God. I'd really hate to be the one to relay the bad news to Corn's wife. She doesn't feel comfortable putting down Owlraura, but she stands by in case Corn needs assistance. ​"What's your read? Anything nasty?"

stats

10. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"I could answer that with greater liberty when I wouldn't have a ghost's anchor on me. But I do have some choice words to say." Corn said. Then, he carefully started climbing down. "We need to bring someone to preserve that corpse or something."

2 successes

Took me two rolls, I have rolled more dice! My dicepool is 5 not 6. So it is 2 successes total (as that last 10 and reroll 7 wouldn't have happened). Even with a -1, I would make the 2 successes in two rolls.

Took Corn some time to get down. Then, he picked the chocker carefully from his pocket and spoke to the ghost.
    "Dear lady, do you want us to arrange a burial for your body? The friend that will eventually see you to help you reunite with your beloved can arrange a burial." It stroke Corn as bizarre how ... easily he fell into talking with a dead person's soul about its corpse. He didn't want to be that kind of necromancer.
    Then he shone some light on the item so that Belle could see it.

"I think you said you have the prime required to cast a spell and see what the magic on this item does." he said holding the choker carefully with a hankerchief, avoiding skin contact. "The ghost didn't stop me or attacked when I picked it up, so I don't think she would mind if you investigate. As for the Banisher, do we have enough Sympathetic ties so that Winter or Phoenyx could track him?
    I plan to call them the moment we get out of this place. I will wait in my car, watching this place.
    " Aurora 's form will change back soon. A man being found with the beaten up naked body of a beautiful celebrity in the back of his car would bring some serious questions. Not that a woman driving a car with an unconscious beaten woman in the back would not... but that's the hand they have been dealt.

12. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

The Ghost didn't reply further when Corn asked her about burials - it didn't seem totally clear if she grasped the full extend of the situation she was in and the Moros' wooden explanations earlier probably hadn't helped either. Then, he made his way down about as nimbly as he got up. If there was nothing else the two Mystagogues wanted to do, they could move on with the plan of leaving this place and waiting for the cavalry.

Just tell me when you're ready to leave this tomb and have your closing posts and I'll give some closing narration.

Analyzing/identifying the Artifact could be a longer process and might therefore be suited for a glimpse. As per the scrutiny Houserules a character can use as many extended actions as they have Gnosis per scene, so fully analyzing the Artifact could go on over several hours/days.

14. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle nods as Corn shows her the choker. "Yeah. Give a secure space and some Supernal Sight and I can take a look at this no problem. I can even use Space to change it's activation." ​Even from a cursory glance she can tell that the choker is valuable just by craftsmanship alone, let alone magic. "I got you free and clear of any Sympathy, but I've got some personals from this guy that we can use for tracing." ​She gives a quick look at their would-be Banisher, her expression darkening just a bit in the residual phosphorescence of Corn's spell.

"I can take Aurora to my place until she shifts back. I'd feel more comfortable getting her some medical attention someplace more secure than my car."
    She cradles the unconscious Owlraura, wondering if the Shaman would hold Belle's actions against her once Aurora woke up. "Then I'll make a quick stop to the Circle to deposit the Choker. Scout's honor." She says the last bit just for Corn's benefit. She doesn't want him to think she was running off with their find.

Unless Corn has any objections, she sheaths her knife and takes the choker, patting Corn on the back. "Hey, I'll have more to say later, but thanks for taking responsibility for this. Good luck to you and Eulogy on resolving this." She'll begin exiting for the tunnel entrance, sliding carefully through Corn's stone barrier and making her exit.

I think I'm ready to get on to some R&D! Thanks for this fun plot! Would Aurora like a catch-up Scene?

stats
    Artifact

16. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A catch up scene sounds amazing Belle

18. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn didn't feel comfortable, at all, giving the item and the ghost to Belle . But you have to trust your allies.
    "If anything happens, call." he says simply. "I will wait outside to see if the consilium officials show up. Better to have the guy apprehended than tracking him down. I will tell them about Crypto, too. Make sure Aurora is safe and if she needs attention, bring her to the circle. There are other healers we could call."

Corn takes a last look inside the cave, wondering what will become of the corpse. The magic of the place is running out, if one has to judge by the failing runes. But if he was to be honest with himself, he wouldn't want a future moros messing up with Maria's grave. This was a fucked up situation, all-right. Forcing a sentient being to be locked in this place after death still irked Corn, and a lot. The possessiveness of that person to want to keep a soul, his beloved, trapped in this, forever waiting was cruel and unnecessary.
    And then, there was the intruder, the banisher. A mage can always do some nasty stuff as that guy realized. They extended him the courtesy to not attack on sight, but he wanted to do his thing, and by what he said afterwards, it is better they stopped him even if he seemed reasonable at first. At the very least his paradoxes could bring something nasty.

Once outside, Corn headed to his car, already texting the Consilium. He kept the armor on him and Belle as he stayed on his car, his eyes on the entrance. He is a moros, he can cover himself in shadows or escape from the walls, he thought, but this is the least he could do, hoping the guy would be disoriented once waking up and would not think of this. Perhaps he could feel the man's magic if he approaches... and the man would feel his magic too.
    Mages are so annoying... the ghost was certainly better.

Can I be in the catch-up scene? It would be nice and I would like to talk more to that nice ghost that makes an awesome listener...

20. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 19 of 20 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread