Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Notice Board!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

0 Scenes

Hey guys, so Cayce had this awesome (in my opinion) idea, presented IC!

Welp, this sure as shit was not the vibe she'd been looking for. For one thing, she would absolutely not have lit up if she'd known they were going to be talking about some sort of Freehold Defcon level threat. For another, she couldn't help but wonder about all the other members of the Freehold that were not present and how, if this actually was super-duper-important-info, what the hell were they supposed to do? Pick it up through the grapevine?

"Soooo, just an idea, but, like, how about some sort of notice board? Like an Otzel without an Otzel, ya know? But better, because it would be permanent. A place where we can regularly check and see what's going on, and what's important, and to add our own info and stuff,"
    Roshon suggested, to no one in particular, before taking a massive drag on her blunt. In for a penny and all that.
    How it would work:

It would be an IC Notice Board or Info Booklet, kept safe where the Wyrdstone's being kept. It would be a Sticky in the 'Freehold' forum. All knowledge posted can be safely known IC by anyone who's mentioned going to go read it. My main hope/wish is to keep relevant Plot Stuff posted in there so we can use this to cut down the time in the beginning of a new or continuing Plot starting with catching each other up on what's going on - but that's to say we can cut off all talk of plot stuff outside of the Notice Board or the actual Plots.

ie, if you want to make a Scene jus tot shoot the shit about how bad/good the last Hedge Patrol went go for it! :P

I just want to help with avoiding the slow down we had in (2109) Eternal Seasons, some wanted to talk plot, and others didn't, and the Scene slowed and seemed to die - I know I didn't help with keeping things moving, so I'm sorry for that, but I hope this is a way to help, so it's less, here's all the background info, questions, answers, then what do we do next, and more, read info, possible Q/As and then on to what do we do next. If that makes sense.

Caveat, I will not have the time to keep the Notice Board up to date. So this is going to be a community effort. Which is why it'll be in the IC Freehold Forum, and not here in the CtL OOC forum.

Let me know if you guys are interested in this idea, and helping keep the info active/up to date.

Orianna Xadun Yumyumcrow Scourge Shenanigans Shane Origins Vincent Abyssalstar Aeolus
    Endymion CaptainCountdown BoxingUnicorn aliaro
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Sep 19th, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

I'll have Gerrit keep all the things he knows (and aren't Winter's secret) updated and cultivated.
    If it's easier/more convenient/fluffier he could also offer his Shop as location for this source of Information, like an analogue version of Radio Free Fae or sth.

3. Likes Cayce, liked this post

That sounds like a fun idea! The Recap Stone. It could also be a nice place for IC research related to past events.

5. Likes Cayce, liked this post

I also like how it can serve as another vector of politics, depending on how someone summarizes their experiences and whether they try to slip in any shade in it. Sure, it could be intended to be apolitical, but the telling can still come across differently depending on, say, if you're hearing Circe or Rhodes' version of events and key players.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, liked this post

I love this idea.

9. Likes liked this post

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

I like it! Circe will probably post something about the tunnels and anything else that comes to mind. Probably her business telephone number too

11. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Definitely worth a shot. At one time the Winter Court used to do a quarterly wrap (al la DJ Otzel)

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

I think it's a great idea. I think there used to be like a radio-thing/noticeboard years ago? Before I joined, anyway.

I think the worry was accidentally putting up things mortal eyes could see. But if it's in a safe place that solves that issue.

Could also be used to advertise open scenes to give people a legitimate "in" to scenes they might have no idea how to get to without feeling contrived.

I'd be happy to help keep it updated if people didn't want to add things/wanted Rhodes to do it on their behalf.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

15. Likes Origins, , Aeolus, Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

Sounds like people are in favour! \o/

I'll get the board up, and y'all can add to it~

17. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

0 Scenes

19. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread