Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx was not one to naturally reach out to people. It didn't come easily. But Guru was someone who she found herself interacting with more and more - either with encounters with the supernatural or with potential politics. And with Aurora leaving the position of Councillor for the Thyrsus open and intending to get him to fill it, the Arrow wanted to talk to him somewhere not quite filled wiht the other voices around.

So, she had invited him to the Arrow Tower.

She was boiling some tea wearing some loose-fitting light off-white robes and pants. They were pleasently cool in the warm evening. Hopefully the encounter would go better than the last meeting she held here, tryingto ge tthe Councillors on the same page. But Puck had always seemed well-meaning enough, honest enough, to warrent more trust.

She checked the closk - he would be here soon.

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru wasn’t quite sure what to expect when Phoenyx had asked to talk. It almost felt like he was being asked to sit down because he fucked up somewhere but given the current climate he was sure if that was the case he’d have been dragged for it in public already. With his mind set at ease it was easier to begin. He remembered that Phoenyx wasn’t much into sweets but figured she’d go with a lighter green tea if he had to guess. Most of his research pointed him to a chocolate digestive but he didn’t think the chocolate part would be appreciated so he went more with a simple ginger cookie which he boxed up and brought with him.

Guru didn’t know if this was a formal meeting or not but going to the Arrow’s tower he dressed in something lighter, that would allow for movement so he showed up in a simple black, adidas track suit with the package of cookies held at chest level before he proffered them to his host.

“Hey how’s it going? Figured a light ginger cookie would do, hopefully it’s to your taste. So what’s up?”

3. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow offered a small smile. "Things are well. Um, thank you. Just put them on the table for now. How are things with you? Would you care for tea?"

There is a fine china set set on the table with matching pot and cups steaming gently. "Please. Take a seat - you are my guest." She moved around the table to the seat where the pot was brewing and sat gracefully.

"There have been several changes going on around the Concillium. I wanted to hear your thoughts on some of them, privately, without a public discussion. The first affects the Council... I was wondering, has Aurora spoken to you lately?"

5. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Sure. No problem, I made them to pair with a light flavored tea. So what’d you brew?” A single blonde brow raised as he sat the package on the center of the table before taking a seat when invited though his left foot never seemed to stop tap, tap, tapping under the table. Then they got to the real heart of the discussion and as soon as Aurora’s name was dropped he couldn’t help smile. It was light, playful, but then his eyes filled with understanding.

“Ahhh. So that’s what this is about. Yea, so, am I here as a Councilor then?”

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow looks inside the pot, setting the lid back. It wasn't quite ready. "It is one of the several blends of green tea that are available form one of the local suppliers. It has a slightly sharper taste I find refreshing. I did not think to pair it with anything, although hopefullie your cookies will work. It's not quit ready - just a little longer. I do have lemon. Or sugar, should you wish."

Dark eyes looks back to the Thyrsus. "If you wish to be. It is one thing I wished to discuss. Aurora announced her intent the last time the council gathered fully. She said she would pass the position to you. But you would also have to agree - I try not to assume things where I have insufficient information - and I had no idea if you would accept her proposal."

She begins pouring the tea slowly. "I have no say in the matter and I did not call you here to sway you either way. But as Councilor of the Mighty, I like to know who I am expected to work with and their philosophy, their motivation. Though I admit, ensuring Aurora was alright was also a factor. So the next question is, naturally, do you accept?" She passes the second cup to Guru, adding lemon to her cup before sipping from her own.

She did need to talk with Eulogy as well, but Aurora was still on the Arrow's mind.

9. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru sat and listened but he couldn't stop the growing look of confusion that worked its way over his face. He gladly accepted the tea, his leg still tapping restlessly under the table a simple raised hand to wave off any lemon or sugar as he brought the cup to his lips and blew off the top off of, holding it still in both of his hands as he waited for it to cool.

"There's no choice Phoenyx. Aurora doesn't want to do it, she shouldn't have to do it. But the Shamans still need representation, they still need someone they can go to. Yes, it's just the two of us for now but not long ago we were many." He shook his head and blew on his tea again. "I don't want involved in politics at all, I'm an Apostate, an Outsider. I've faced an uphill battle everywhere I've been, but I've been called to action. I'll probably fuck up and fail a whole lot, but, that's how I've always learned."

A soft , if dismissive shrug as he brought the cup to his lips and took a soft, slurping sip before setting the cup back down and reaching to the cookies opening the box and taxing the small ginger disc into his hands and dipped it into his tea. "That's fair and reasonable of you, I appreciate the opportunity to get to know you better as well. It's been nice seeing you out more socially and knowing you beyond your roles and your duty."

He then popped the cookie into his mouth and finished it. "So, what I believe? Life is sacred and worth fighting for but it's also worth LIVING. I think I want the same things as most other mages and that's to throw off the chains of the Lie but I believe that we live within the Lie and have to adapt to it. I try my best not to use magic when technology or a tool will do to not tempt the abyss. Right now thanks to Campanella's guidance and Wisdom I've decided to pursue my research into Alchemy, which is why I was talking with Corn on Thaumium. That's the point I need to reach before I can begin my research in earnest.

"I'm glad you an Aurora have such a good friendship, I think it's important. Friendship, Connection, yea these things can be used to hurt us but I think the rewards outweigh the risk. But...I'm kinda nuts." He let out a soft laugh before taking another sip of tea before his voice went soft and his leg stopped for the first time. "Like I said, there's no choice here. It's bad choices all around but I'll bear that burden in Aurora's place so she can pursue her own interests and be happy. I won't abandon the Shamans because I don't want to play politics, besides, the next one that shows up can gladly have it if they want. So, you might be stuck with me for a bit.

"What about you? Outside of duty and obligation, what do you want?"

11. Likes Ruach, Xadun, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx watches nonchalantly. "There is always a choice - there are just decisions we do not like taking. Arrows have a part of their philosophy - A Throne is a warrior's prison. It is a corrollerey of the greater whole - Service is Mastery. The only reason I ended up as councillor is I had a duty to the mages of my Path - just as you do yours. I understand that."

There's a hint of a smile. "I never thought I was good at those things. Aurora - and others - helped me practice. But I have seen what sort of person you are. I do not think you are... 'nuts'. You are laid back, true, but you are thoughtful and insightful." She sips her tea. "If you have always felt like an outsider, why did you never join an order? Did none of the philosophies ever appeal to you?"

She slowly reaches out and takes a cookie, biting it delicately. Dark eyes look at the cookie and an smile spreads a little further. "These are good." She takes another bite and swallows, looking thoughtful at the question. "I... am not sure. So much of my life is the duty to others, to the Pentacle. I take pleasure in studying mythology and magic. But I enjoy physical activities too - climbing, parkour. I recently tried skydiving. That was very fun. Like I imagine flying would be. I have not managed to fly yet, but I can levitate - that can be very serene. The activities I enjoy are ones that keep honing my mind, my body. So I am still ready for anything that happens."

13. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He gave a relieved nod, his shoulders relaxing as she finished her statement glad that she seemed to understand where he was coming from at least. It wasn't a good choice and he didn't want the position but sometimes all you could do was make the best of a bad situation at least there was more time with Aurora around now. Though a smirk spread across his lips as she complimented him, taking a sip of his tea. "You give me far too much credit but thank you." Then he shifted in his seat at her follow-up, his foot resuming its rhythm again.

"It's, complicated. I don't like being tied down, I don't like having a boss or someone to answer to. Given my new life I knew that wouldn't be possible and the Consilium seemed like the best choice, at least the sane one. To go it alone..." He shook his head, picturing himself in a raft floating on a vast open sea before shaking the image loose. "No. Just too much risk, I've worked for others before, obviously, but then to put myself in another smaller cage was asking a lot of myself. At least at that time. I could see value in all of their philosophies, Adaptability is strength, the Supernal is Self, these I connect with for example. I tend to agree with Guardians about those who overuse magic and tempt the abyss.

"But I wasn't willing to compromise who I am for it and so I walked alone." One shoulder shrugged as he took another sip of the tea. "Thanks, ginger and green tea tend to pair well together." His eyes went wide with a pleased surprise, that foot went into over drive. "Oh shit, you do parkour too! We should go practice sometime, I only know a bit of the basics but I enjoy the free flowing movement of it. Now, this isn't a judgement everyone has their own rules they live by. Just remember to make time for yourself as well. We appreciate all you do for the Consilium but you deserve your own happiness as well. And if that makes you happy, well, we've lucked out I'd say."

15. Likes Aeolus, Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

There is a shrug. "I make my judgement based on what I have seen. I am not prone to exaggeration."

Dark eyes watch Guru, confused - she sets her cookie down. "That does seem complicated. Although you would still be a part of the Concillium regardless of taking an Order or not. I think you would make a good Arrow. We serve principles, not people. Causes, not leaders. There is room in an Order for individuality and structure. If you still feel alone, perhaps you may wish to revisit the idea. I would be happy to explain more of the philosophies to you if you would be interested."

Ther eis a smile, and she picks up the cookie again. "I did not know others were interested in it. I have found it added a new dimension to my traiing - not to mantion the practical applications." She nods in agreement. "Flowing... yes. that is exactly how it is like." There is a slightly puzzled look. "You sound like Aurora. I do things for myself. I just... fold it into my work. Someone has to oversee the Circle, and there are no other Arrows to do that." She sounds slightly defensive. "I... realise you are trying to help, but there isn't anything wrong with me. I just... work a lot."

17. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Got me there." He said in a friendly tone, knowing that to be a truth about her as well. He couldn't help but smile softly as Phoenyx gives him the pitch. A little sadness in his eyes remembering Avis she would probably be pissed at Campy for this one. Then his mood brightened. "If you'd asked earlier I might have taken you up on that. The Last thing he did before he left was convince me to try to join the Mysterium and so I've made my petition.

"Though, seriously, if you need help like call me. Besides like you, Winter, and Kaze I dunno who else can fight." Aurora was a Life Master so she could n the same way he did but it wasn't quite the same. He was amateurish at best but better than nothing in a pinch. "Yes I'd love to talk about the philosophy with you, I love talking philosophy, makes for the best conversations " Then the conversation pushed into their shared hobby. "That's what I loved most about it, just the freedom of movement that goes with it. I would rather do that than jog but it's much harder to arrange." He held up a hand in surrender and then it dipped down to get a cookie to dip into his tea again. "And we're lucky for it. I understand what it's like to fall in love with your work. Still good to have you come out when you're npt buried in it."

19. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread