Ended
Watch

(Those Cast Aside) Tenure and Extension

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 20, 2021 : Hedge Patrol II
Reflections of the Past
Dec 11, 2021 - Dec 19, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

0 Scenes

Xadun Rhodes Cassandra Reeding Shenanigans Anatole Yumyumcrow le bump!

Titania can I get a Manip+Persuasion

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

(Favored Fate - Hearth 2)Glamour 1 Spent
    FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She rolls her eyes at the Winter's puny attempt at social manipulation. Perhaps he'd be more successful if he didn't drip blood all over the floor.
    Time to show him how's it's done.
    She tilts her head to the side, her lush mantle flaring and blooming with the rich bouquet of a Spring's harvest.
    "As I was saying before I was so unceremoniously interrupted: you're among friends now."

3 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

3. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole was rolling his eyes again. Staring at the ceiling and then across the space more generally, he laid his hands on the table.

"How about we call it here. We have laid out our case and I'm not sure pressuring someone is in anyone's best interests. As... Buttercup has pointed out, Oliver here is in no shape to do anything. And we have pretty much figured out what Anne's ploy was. If my Winter colleagues would simply stop fantasising about something that was never there, so we could focus on more pressing - and practical - matters, we might be able to do something productive with this."

He smiled a brittle, knowing, smile. Oliver was done: a useless and broken Lost; little more than an extra mouth to feed - thank you, Anne! He doubted C-16 would ever willingly work with them; but she might be tempted into not helping Anne. If they were lucky, they might even convince the telephone to let sip a few more choice tidbits regarding Anne's loyalists.

To underscore the point, he shot Rhodes Xadun a focussed stare.

Oddly, given the increasingly tense situation, Titania received a sly smile.

5. Likes , , Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

Glaring from where she sits, Buttercup scoffs, "No. You cannot. Say. What you have. Said. Then. Attach. Justifi.cations." the Wizened women, stares down the Lost on the other side of the table. "Trying to. Wheedle our-my-help. Holding healing hostage. So we pledge. To a cause not. Stated. Someone. Else. Dose that. Too." the modulated tone, growls out as much as it can with the artificial nature of her voice. "No. I am not." she says to Titania's repeated words.

Buttercup, pats Oliver's shoulder, even as the piggy professor, filches and continues to blubber, "He will be. Reset tomorrow. You can try again. With him. But. I will. Remember. Even if He. Does not." she says as a warning.

4 successes
    Are y'all wanting to pause here, ending this Scene and regrouping/reopening another Talking Scene in a bit? Or are you guys done with Oliver and Buttercup? Do y'all want to keep them around or are you going to cut them loose?
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Nov 22nd, 2021 at 11:59 AM.

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

I'll go with the majority. Titania can just use her Spring contracts to overwrite their desires, so either way, both options you listed are viable
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

9. Likes liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit isn't done with either - he'd either try to get through to Oliver or get on Buttercup's good side. So definitely voting for following this up (except if I'm alone).
    Also voting for keeping them around.

11. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole doesn't particularly care for Buttercup and definitely thinks Oliver is a waste of space.

That said, if other people Aeolus want them around for RP purposes - and there is a rich vein of RP waiting to be mined there - then I, the player, won't mind them hanging around as NPCs (assuming Saber Sloth has the time to run them / wheel them out as needed).

Anatole personally thinks Anne's ploy was a simple trap and we have fallen into it. He'd be happy to simply ignore the library and the hollow, figuring to try and tame them would divert resources from the pursuit of the renegade Queen.

0 Scenes

I'd have time for them in Plots, but I don't know if I could run them around as full out of Plot NPCs, so I can definately bring them around for another round of interrogation polite chitchat. I can close up this Scene and check interest for another Scene, and we can go from there?

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes has lapsed into silence. Thoughtful, considering.

Titania, for all her airs and graces, lacked that human connection. Intriguing? Yes, but you don't say it if you want to win someone over. You don't empathise with the captor right to their face.

Tempers were frayed, and this had not been as smooth as anyone would have hoped. Gerrit looked ready to strike, Buttercup was digging in her heels, and Oliver was useless.

"Anatole is right," He intoned, cutting through the discussion. "We should leave this for now. We have a place for you to stay, Enda's, if you wish it, or you can find your own place. Trust is earned, and there is only so much we have shown that earns it from you." He added, looking to the couple of former captives. The Flowering reached into the jacket and pulled out a card, sliding it across the table. "For if you want to discuss anything else."

He looked to the others. "Similarly, Anne even suspecting we would arrive makes it far less likely she would let anything worthwhile slip through her fingers. We will be better served trying to root her out, rather than trekking deep through the Hedge to scabble through her discarded scraps."

He rises, not much caring either way. They were done here.

I'm sorry for letting this one die a little - I thought people would leap ove rme and then it was hard to get inot the mindspace.

Rhodes would like to try again with them both. I'm struggling OC for how to approach this, short of yeeting a heck-load of dice at them until they submit. Maybe tomorrow will give more ideas.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

16. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

They were done here.

Maybe Buttercup was right, maybe things would be better in the morning.

Okay, closing things here. I'll get something up for Plot Check in a bit!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread