Ended
Watch

(Those Cast Aside) Tenure and Extension

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 20, 2021 : Hedge Patrol II
Reflections of the Past
Dec 11, 2021 - Dec 19, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

0 Scenes

The weighty knowledge, the words of the Lost, and Oliver is opening weeping. Snivelling into the sleeve of his borrowed shirt. Buttercup scoffs and says once more, "You'll get. Another. Try to talk. Sense. Into. Him. Tomorrow."

Giving Rhodes A Look, Buttercup rolls her eyes, "Sure. And I. Believe. That." a snort, sounding like a distant ringing, "If we are. All. Alive. And In the. Hedge. Since. Phones don't work. In the Hedge. We're a way. To. Circumvent that lack of. Easy communication." she says, answering one of Rhodes' questions, then onto the other, "It's not. A grand. Library. Just a hollow to. Hold. Junk she. Didn't. Want to throw out." to which Oliver cries harder.

"Nononononono. I was there It was my duty to protect this-that-place. My purpose. I-" whatever else he says is swallowed by a loud sob. Obvious to everyone, the Ogre didn't believe his own words any longer.

"I wasn't 'stationed' any-where. But I was there for several days. A week, or more. May-be. Oliver. On the other hand. Is. Shattered. In ways I don't understand. He was left to. The library. Years. and. years ago. The last time I saw. Him. And. His Motley. Was in. 2016. Before Qu-Anne. Anne. Brought me to the Hollow-house, I thought. It and everyone. There. Was plant food."

I don't want to be that guy, but Titania Vincent I've been noticing that Titania's been doing a lot of sitting around and asking silent questions. If you want to continue participating in the Plots you need to participate in the Plots. If you want to ponder something roll for it, if you want to ask the questions, ask the questions.

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"There's always a reason, apparent or not for anything. You claim those things were junk, but one can't help but wonder why she didn't actually destroy those things", and by things she clearly meant them.
    "Anne isn't somebody to beat around the bush. The procedure she performed on you, that's actually something I find quite intriguing"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra purses her lips as Buttercup explains a little and her heart just drops a little. If it wasn't that, then what is it? She went through the trouble of moving things to keep us from it, certainly there is something of importance that was there and she wants to know what it is. But it's what Titania says that makes her suddenly tilt her head in her direction. What the hell is her problem today? She's rude, abrasive, and the couple of words that end up coming out of her mouth after all of this time are semi-insulting. It's not a good look.

And looks are everything, my dear.

She shakes her head, "I could be wrong, but she's still hiding something she doesn't want us to have. Information, research, something. Titania is at least somewhat right that it would have been far easier to set the place aflame instead of taking everything of importance." Her gut just has a strong feeling about whatever was in that library. "I don't know what it is, and maybe I'm crazy, but I have a very bad feeling about what she has and what it means. She rerouted us on purpose, so why?"

Looks are everything...

"Or she's trying to work us up..." She grows quiet for a moment and then sighs quietly. "I'll admit though, I don't give a damn if she thinks we're gathering scraps. If there is a use for anything, we should retrieve it. But, Gerrit is right, it is possible we've already gone through everything anyway." The utilitarian in her.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Aeolus liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole huffed and blew out his moustaches. He shifted in his seat, settled again and stared across the table. Significantly, his gaze dropped on Oliver and C-16 Buttercup before he responded to Cassandra.

"She is toying with us. Winding us up, as you say Cassandra. Anne obviously like wheels within wheels, within wheels, for no reason other than her own amusement. She is far gone - she is acting like the Gentry now! Now why would she do this you ask? Well... she had the infrastructure in place and she clearly doesn't care for it any longer, so she turned it into a trap. That Bloodsuckle... That was put there deliberately. We would have to fight it, either way - and we probably still do if we want to go back to that Hollow. The purpose: we waste time and resources fighting the thing, possibly even lose a few lives; our reward is... small..."

He took a breath and chose the last word carefully.

"We find two Lost who - again - she no longer wants or needs. We find a library that has been gutted of anything useful. Likewise, we find a Hollow that is effectively stripped and empty. In short, our reward is to clean up her mess. For her. This is how Queen Anne works: she uses everyone and every thing as a tool. And now we waste more time and effort by trying to work out her motives - when there are none! To boot, more of our resources are now tied up. I mean no offence to our friends here..."

As Titania speaks a cynical smile ghosts across the dwarf's features.

"Anne is probably very aware of the knife edge she is sitting on. She is powerful, possibly now even rivalling some of the Gentry. To get there she will have done things... Things that sap one's grounding. Eat away at the clarity needed to remain human, if you will. Her Court allegiances will give her perspective - and that must be delicious! So she won't spend her energies killing off her tools because she doesn't want to risk what little mortal clarity and perspective remains. Not yet! I doubt she is scared about offing her underlings; she needs her focus right now. That should tell us something."

He looked briefly at Rhodes. Then back at Titania: an eyebrow lifting as the full import of the Fairest's words began to sink in.

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit almost bit his tongue. Titania found the things Ann did to others intriguing? He was taken back to the cafe where they talked to the Grey Hoodies - where a group of angry and scared kids talked about the friends they'd lost and where Titania didn't know better than to quip about their 'stripper names'. He wanted to say something, but instead he just took a deep breath and groaned forcefully. Not his circus, not his monkeys. Fighting among themselves wouldn't do any good and emotions were running high anyway.

Partly because they've been basically told again that there was nothing else to find in that Hollow. Why was that such a problem for Cassandra? "She rerouted us to get into danger. The Bloodsuckle was supposed to get us, wasn't it?" But maybe he just wasn't cut out to navigate those political games of chess Rhodes seemed to enjoy so much.

Ultimately, Anatole summarized it pretty well and Gerrit acknowledged the Wizened with a thoughtful nod. So they've worked through what had been, but was there anything they could gain for the things to come?
    He looked at 3-16, brows furrowed in thought. There was a lot of anger, but she didn't seem to be blindly loyal like Oliver. Could they get her to work with them?

4 successes

Empathy to get a better read on how to smooth-talk Buttercup better, or to just see if she'd consider working with us.

Equipment: Wallet with some money.

8. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole sighed and folded his arms, letting himself sink into his seat as the silence threatened to stretch out before them.

"Pretty much, Gerrit."

A grim line sliced through his effusive curls.

"The hollow was her dumping ground. The blood suckle would either kill us, winnow us down, or we'd beat it. And then this elegant pair would be off her hands. Well... That worked - I suppose we should formally welcome Buttercup C-16 and Oliver to our Freehold. Assuming they want to hang around. And the Dread Lord is willing to ... help them relocate if they don't."

He flashed a grin.

"So how about we turn our thoughts to what we do next?"

He huffed and rolled his eyes, switching his gaze from Titania to C-16 directly.

"Care to share what you know of Anne's Court? You may as well... We might be the only Lost who are able to get your ... your sister's out. Any information we can have about her remaining courtiers would come in handy."

He doubted they'd get anything out of the obstinate phone. If he were in her position he wouldn't be too cooperative either.

10. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

0 Scenes

The Lost carry on their conversation, Oliver not so silently wailing in the background, sobs and denials spilling from his lips even if he's clearly lost, his love and loyalty split from him, but his own fractured Clarity cannot seem to handle what the Lost are trying to tell him.

Gerrit, more focused on their audience, then the conversation flowing over and around them, sees it the moment it happens. Buttercup had been willing to work with them. Had been fighting conditioning and trauma to try and spill secrets she knew but whatever progress they'd made with Buttercup crumbles as Titania speaks. The hot Summer-esque rage shutters. Falling from her features to provide a blank face that she would have presented to Queen Anne.

"Why?" and even in that single worded question, they can tell something's different, the voice is more modulated, more controlled. "Because her. Perspective is 'delicious'? You find her. Work. 'Intriguing'?

Sorry this isn't super in depth, i just wanted to get something up for you guys!

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She shakes her head, "No, not at all. Anne is clearly a horrible person, words can't describe how awful her character is. However, this procedure she performed, think about it. It could be used to heal, and in due time, the horror can be unwoven. But above all, what was her purpose for doing this? There is - and it's been amply proven - a method to her madness", she takes a deep breath.
    "Let's have a deal. I'll heal the two of you to the best of my abilities, and you'll think about pledging loyalty to our cause in return. I'm not bargaining for an oath, I'm just asking you to consider the possibility of embracing our cause"

Let's keep this going?
    Fame ● (Social Media)

14. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She studies the patient carefully, her face bearing a pleasant smile. "You're among friends now"
    Soft bump
    Fame ● (Social Media)

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

2 successes

It takes all of Gerrit's focus to not grab the Telluric and slam her against the nearest wall. He was done having their progress thrown out of the window by this insensitive glorified lightbulb.
    He clenched his hands so tightly into fists that his nails broke his skin, opened some scabs. Drip, drip went the blood that trickled down his digits, dangled on his knuckles and finally fell from his shaking hands onto the ground. He concentrated on this, sated the Ogre's bloodlust with his own and managed this time not to reconfigure the Fairest's inconsiderate face.

And while she tried to make amends now, Gerrit couldn't tell if she put any heart into her apology. Truly, her claiming that Oliver and Buttercup were amongst friends now was laughable. When he spoke his voice sounded tense and it was painfully obvious that the Stonebones was acting under an immense display of self-control. "Or, if for some reason you can't seem to find a liking to some of those.. friends," A look towards Titania that also spoke volumes "we could talk in private."

failure

The words came out like a wet grumble and Gerrit couldn't blame the Phone lady for not taking him up on his offer - but they had a chance to work together and he'd be damned if he didn't try to follow up on that.

Equipment: Wallet with some money.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread