The sound of heavy construction echoed in the distance over the iron-look gate. Hammers and saws, both powered and unpowered, turned wood into scaffolding and reinforced floors. Paint brushes covered repaired drywall and stained wooden benches. Sponges and soap brought the color back into marble statues and granite slabs. Clippers trimmed hedges, mowers ate up long grass and rakes collected leaves.

Nine days Eulogy stood at the gate of a cemetery. Much like the one he stood at in the very beginning. When he first arrived in the city. When he met Campenella and the others. There was one difference this time, for this was his cemetery. The upcoming site of his business. Everything from the tombstone lined grassy plots to the currently-being-renovated old church turned funeral parlor was now his responsibility.

Nine days until I can open my doors to the public. his phone rang out the Addams Family tune. ”Go Ahead.” he said into the phone. He stood listening to the voice on the other end, brow furrowing. ”Look, I don’t care how many nail guns can fit in a box. We are on a deadline. Sort it out” and he hung up.

He took a cleansing breath smelling the aroma of long grass being cut. Eulogy was enjoying the bustle of people moving about the place. Carpenters, Painters, Builders, Engineers, Historians all sorts of trades people doing what they do to make his vision come to life. The property had been neglected for the last several years but it was nothing a little money couldn't fix.

His phone rang again.

”Go Ahead.” he listened to the other side. ”What do you mean there is a moat? Are there sharks in it?..No? So get rid of it.” he listened before replying ”I don’t know, you’re the landscaper, Put dirt in it till it goes away. Use new dirt, don’t take it from the graves.” he said as he hung up. Some of the people he worked with needed reminding this was a sacred place,

Eulogy looked at the gate and noticed a speck of rust forming on the hinge. With a shaking head he thought, One more thing to add to the pile his phone rang. ”Go Ahead.” he listened to the other person and brightened. ”Oh yeah, the pink flair. Perfect. They are going into the Natural burial section. When will they be here?.... Oh yeah?... perfect..Yes we are ready...Thank you.” He hung up.

I can’t believe it is happening. I managed to find the perfect place. Who would have thought that there was an almost abandoned church with a graveyard in Sacramento. or that it would still have ample space for traditional plots or a natural burial section. I am honestly stunned. he thought.

”I can’t wait to show everyone." he said aloud just as his phone rang.

"Yes?....Yes I know the gravestones are old, that is why I hired historians to restore them....Yes I know it is going to be costly.....No I don't care...just do it right." On the plus side I can probably ask Corn to fix anything they screw up.