Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

The trouble with opening people up with a good time, is that good time, also worked on you. Chatting away with Dal and the guys was making Quinn thirsty. He fit all parameters for a gentle feeding. Not like the kind of prey Quinn liked to stalk on the streets and play her games with. Those were the 'special' ones. Quinn tried very very hard not to spread her curse to others. Not to harm with her actions, but some deserved it. Some just couldn't stop themselves from hurting others. Those were her special projects.

Quinn remembered something from that night, and it caused her to falter a bit in her socializing, she tried to pass this off as fear of the current topic. Of women being hurt. Quinn was all of 5'0 petite light skinned middle eastern lady. She fit the victim profile nicely in the eyes of Kine men. She looked where the guys directed. Elevator eyes at the guy with the girl.

"Is there a story there? Maybe that's why Angela hasn't shown up tonight? Him and his associate? I mean...what are those guys about?"

Quinn was literally in Dale's head. She hoped the question was enough to prompt a mental picture of the man.

Roll to Remember 3 Successes

Carouse Roll Failure

Note...I listed the wrong stat for the carouse roll by accident, but the dice pool is the same. So please ignore that. LOL It's still a fail.

Jennifer Hazelton

JC

JC recalls that the woman that they were looking for has a different hairstyle than Lottie does, now. A distinctive hair style, a protective hairstyle that could perhaps be used to identify her. JC also feels that the woman Lottie is much more amenable to his manipulation.[/spoiler]

Lottie leans forward, curious and appearing interested in hearing what JC wanted to talk about. "I have heard about a guy who sells very interesting artifacts. Art pieces he collects from around the world. Some people seem to get what they are looking for after..."

Quinn

"Well I think he is a body gaurd." Dal says to Quinn's question. "The guy he is following around isn't very big. And people seem to walk up to him a lot. He had a woman, Angela, helping to distract the men who would walk up to him. Angela is... I swear, I saw a woman who looked just like her walking down the street, homeless looking. I stopped her on the street to hand her a takeout lunch. Yet she had no idea who I was. Looked right through me, thanked me like a stranger. Her hair was different - looked like someone had spent hours on it, a lot of devotion and care. One of the protective loc styles.

"I don't see the boss man. Maybe he and Angela are together. I heard that he might be some kind of art dealer. I managed to talk to him for a few minutes. He seemed very educated. "

Quinn had some information! Yet was it relevant? Could it be a clue about the bodies dropping around town?

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"Sounds very Indiana Jones," he said with a mischievous smile, ignoring the part that was saying Indiana Jones would say it belongs in a museum. He wasn't here to engage in a nerd debate. He was here to keep Lottie talking because this sounded like a lead on the other card. "Who's the guy and what sort of pieces does he have? Is he where you got you're amethyst earrings?" he asked, making sure to make her feel like he was engaged with her; that he was talking to and about her; interested in her. Not just the information she had.

4 successes
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled at Dal and seemed to relax at his explanation, nodding, with a touch wider eye than perhaps she normally would. The information was solid. She believed him, though she wasn't entirely sure it was relevant. Though the fact that the chic talking to J.C was familiar. Was relevant. She cut off her connection to Dal's mind and focused on Lottie. Trying to get a read on her aura. After all, Quinn knew how to hide her beast too. What if she was a Kindred? Or one of the handlers?

Aura Reading Roll on Lottie 4 success

Carousing Roll 1 suxx to extricate gracefully

Quinn felt she had exhausted the information Dal and the Gentlemen have, so she was intent on moving on, but before she did, she bought them another round, and gave Dal a kiss on the cheek perilously close to his lips, while slipping her card with her number into his hand. She made her excuses about checking up on Angela with the bodyguard, but winked at Dal, and mimed picking up a phone and mouthed 'call me.' And headed over to the next target on the list. "The Bodyguard." Might as well, she was here after all and Lottie was still sitting pretty with J.C on her ass.

So she made her approach smiling a bit, but her Presence was more fit for a shyer approach. So she played to that strength and held back just a touch, but gave full eye contact, showing interest in speaking with him.

Jennifer Hazelton

She looks at him for a beat.
    "No, these are from a very nice local jeweler. Well, he has all sorts of unique items! Some even say they work like magic. I am particularly interested in a prosthetic eye that is supposed to detect monsters." A small laugh, isn't it funny to consider such ideas?
    "Although, I do have to get home now..." She rose, making preparations to leave. Lingering for goodbyes, or perhaps a connection to be made to meet later.

A keen observer can detect a person's feelings and intent. Yet for the Mekhet who understoodthe Family Gift of Auspex, they could sense even more. Quinn watched as swirls of violet were overtaken by a dark blue wash. Overwhelming blue. A pinpoint of color in bright green suggested that something that Lottie was experiencing or thinking of provoked this feeling in Lottie. Quinn noted that the woman known as Lottie had an unusual qaulity to her Aura: it was a weak, muted aura.
    The Bodygaurd looked to Quinn, apparently appreciating her beauty. Yet he glanced away, scanning the room. Apparently studying the others in the room. JC and Lottie get a glance, yet this glance appears identical to the glance Dal and his group recieve. Quinn does notice that there does not appear to be anyone with the man dubbed 'bodyguard'. Who could he be guarding? The man appears to be keeping domain awareness. Yet he asn't drinking. Or socializing.

The thread has reached its' conclusion on time. Create another thread on how you investigate further, one can create another thread at this venue continuing this thread. However a thread created on the same day per timeline will close within four days of today to keep with the pacing.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread