Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Jungle Jam

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam sat on the living room floor of his apartment, playing with his new pet rat Templeton. Though a wild creature at heart, Templeton seemed to recognize Liam as a caretaker and so was less likely to nip at him or scurry out of reach. He'd set up a makeshift play area with a toy castle centered in a child's playpen with plenty of toys or "enrichment items" as he'd heard them called. He relished these times were he could have the little animal out of his enclosure. "Well, little guy. I'm sure you'll like our guest. Even if you'll have to see her from inside your little house for now."

He'd prepared the usual Liam house staples: coffee, tea, water, and an assortment of snacks in case Sonnie got hungry. Which she seemed to do very, very often. Not that he could judge: Ogres were often the biggest of eaters in the Lost bunch.
    Sonnie Wu
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Dressed casually for a late summer evening in denim shorts, a pro wrestling t-shirt, and flip flops, Sonnie Wu approached Liam's front door. After double checking to be sure she had the right address, she knocked!

In one hand she carried a paper bag from a bakery. Her messenger bag was slung across her torso like a backpack.

As she awaited an answer, the Beast softly whistled an aimless tune.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam hears the knock on the door, a smile stretching across his barkskin face. "Well, speak of the Monkey." He gingerly lifts Templeton from where the rat had been sitting on his open palm, and he transported the little creature to a secure two-story enclosure set up on a side table in the living room by a modest couch. After his animal companion was safely deposited and now contentedly lapping up water from a drip-bottle, Liam strides quickly to the door and opens it.

"Hey Sonnie! Welcome! Come on in." He steps aside to give Sonnie room to enter. The apartment is modestly accommodated, seeing as how Liam spent most of his evenings wandering around the city. Or at least he did before he picked up his rodent friend. "Please make yourself at home. I've got snacks or water if you need refreshments." ​He notices the pastry bag in Sonnie's hand and wonders if he'd caught her right after dinner. Either way, it's the thought that counts "So, how's your day been? Scale any interesting buildings lately?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Hello, hello! I bring unto thee... donuts!" She presented the bag to Liam as she stepped inside.

Curious eyes scanned the apartment, taking in the decor, as well as the potential exits. For a Steepscrambler, that included windows off the ground floor.

"No interesting ones. Those are usually too closely watched. Then you got the cops trying to arrest you, and people chanting 'jump! jump!' and it's all a chaotic mess. That was one hell of a weekend in New York, I tell ya."

She turned and looked at the host, "Anyway, my day as been ok--IS THAT A RAT?" Easily distracted, the Beast romped over to the cage and peered at the rodent inside.

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam beams happily at Sonnie's gift. He'd been crazing something dessert-ish. "Thanks, Sonnie! That's so nice of you." He reaches into the bag and, low and behold, finds one of his favorite kinds of donut. Not wanting to waste any more time on his friend's gracious gift, Liam plucks the donut out of the bag and it goes into his mouth. "Mmmmmm...delicious. Wait, are you talking about donuts or something else?" Sonnie's mind moved a bit too fast for Liam to catch up.

"Oh yeah, that's Templeton. You remember the pictures I showed ya?" He wonders if Sonnie remembers calling the creature 'kitty' in her drunken state back in Funderland a few weeks back "He's one of the rats we found down in the Funderland tunnels. I've been spending quite some time feeding 'em and getting 'em used to me so that they won't do us any harm. This one..." He lifts a finger to the enclosure for Templeton to sniff from behind the see-through plastic. "I kind of bonded with. I saved him after Circe stepped on his tail." He chuckles; Circe had been almost cartoonish in her indignation. "I was actually curious if you knew how to talk to rats. Given your own gifts."

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Hm?" Sonnie looked up at Liam and blinked for a second. "Uh, no, you asked if climbed any interesting buildings lately. Why would I got o new York for donuts?"

The rat had her attention again, very quickly. "Oh, right! The pictures!" She vaguely recalled that.

"Wait, Circe did what? How rude!" The Monkey looked sympathetically at the caged rodent. "I know how you feel, Templeton. The tail life is hard, you know?" Her own long simian tail twitched. "Hang in there, brother!"

Sonnie straightened up and looked curiously at the Ogre. "Talk to rats? Um, no. I can talk to monkeys, and dogs." She pondered the concept of animal speech, tapping a forefinger to her chin, "I was considering learning cat. Maybe."

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam shakes his head with a smile. "Right, 'cause you're a climber." He was a climber too, but he doubted he had the Beast's speed. "Yeah, there was a whole nest of 'em down there. Templeton was just unlucky enough to be in Circe's way. He's adapted pretty well so far, but I try and keep him contained just so he doesn't wander off and get stepped on by somebody a little less reserved." Liam chuckles, hoping Sonnie would understand that he didn't mean anything harsh against the Summer Queen, just that she had a temper.

"You mean you can pick and choose? It doesn't just work for everything?" Liam pockets his barkskin hands and scrunches his brown in thought. There was so much about Contracts he was still trying to grasp. "How does that work exactly? Do you need to be like the animal you want to talk to?" Liam looks over the Spring's back at her tail to see if maybe it had picked up a little golden retriever.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I'm a climber," she repeated, in a sing-songy voice, "I climb and climb and climb, I do it all the time!" This was followed by a shrug and she turned away from the rat cage, "Circe's gonna Circe. Summers are a rough lot."

Sonnie tilted her head to one side, giving Liam a curious look. "What, the contract? Yeah, it only works for one kind of animal. You gotta sign up for a new version if you want options. I've initialed several clauses with apes and monkeys, but just one for pooper scooper squad. If all you wanna do is talk and understand them, the first clause is all you need."

The Beast raised an eyebrow as the Ogre scanned her tail, "Uh, no? If that was true, then only Beasts would ever be able to use it. We got an inside track, but that's all. Like you Ogres and learning how to be tough as stone."

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam scratches his chin, pondering the Monkey's words. "So like my Contracts of Stone, eh?" He'd never thought of awakening a new Contract outside of Arcadia before. Back There it had been as easy as the conversation he was having with Sonnie; back when the trees whispered back and the rocks empathized with his inability to free himself. "I hadn't thought of it like that. But it does make sense." ​He rubs his hands together, eagerness written all over his treant face. "That settles it, I think I'll make a go for learning that Contract. It'll take a while, but maybe it'll be useful." And the more critters I can talk to, maybe the more fights we can avoid.

He looks down at the Monkey, suddenly realizing he'd forgotten something. "Oh! I almost forgot, did you want to see my Hollow? I really think you'd like it. And then there's my Archive, it...she's got all kinds of knowledge on Hedge Beasts and Goblin Fruits." Rhodes and John's visit had made him a little less dodgy about sharing the nature of his Archive. Besides, Sonnie was a friend, and a fellow Spring. She wouldn't betray his trust.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"So you really wanna talk to rodents?" Sonnie gave an interested nod, "Sounds handy. Rats are everywhere in the city. They probably see and hear a lot. Plus, maybe you'll find one who's a gourmet chef!" Probably not.

"I can show you a few tricks for getting Fang and Talon's attention. Like, how to commune with the furries!" She'd gotten pretty good at it.

Her eyebrows raised, "Still surprised you wanna show me. Hollows are usually so private. I'm kinda curious what I did to earn that kind of trust."

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread