Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon had promised some training with knives for Belle , so it made sense to open it up, make the most of the late summer weather and take part in the quad in the center of the Circle. No-one had been keen on weapons traingin before - the Arrow was almost excited for the chance to practice withher knives again.

Phoenyx was wearing the same style of form-fitting top and loose pants she had been using before, and was moving her way through Tai Chi stances on the grass.

By her side were half a dozen knives, not counding those on her belt.

An open scene for fighting practice and training
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle enters the quad dressed lightly; blue tank top, some sweat pants that weren't too tight, and some running shoes. She'd heard through the grapevine that the resident Arrow was open for some combat training. She'd almost ported over, but restrained herself. Best save that for emergencies. And so the Mastigos finds Phoenix stretching. "Hi Phoenix! How's it going?" She sets down a water bottle she'd been carrying and sets herself parallel to Phoenix, doing her own stretches. "So, is this your office? I like the open concept."
    Artifact

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow doesn't open her eyes at first, simply flowing through the kata. "Good, thank you." She smiles and opens her eyes, flowing through the last part of the kata before opening her eyes slowly. "And no. Not quite. My office is in the Arrow Tower." She looks up to where the tower overlooks the Circle. "However, people not of the Adamantine Arrow - or familiar with myself - tend to be reluctant to meet there. I find the quad is more agreeable for most people for the first time. It is also very pleasent - the flora, the architechture."

The Arrow stretches one arm across her chest. "It is best if I know what experience and training you have so I can balance your instruction accordingly. I am competant with knives, but I can still improve. No-one since the last Arrow was reassigned has shown much interest in weaponry, so I am grateful for the opportunity to practice." She changes arms. "Also, knowing how familiar you are with being stabbed will be useful."

She doesn't sound like she is joking, but between the concillium and today Phoneyx has appeared more serious and reserved.

6. Likes Ruach, Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle follows Phoenyx's eyes as she looks up at the Arrow's tower. "Yeah, I can see why. Mages and towers are classic, but can be overdone." She says this knowing full well her ideal Sanctum would be an abandoned clock tower, 'Birds of Prey' style. "This is nice though; the fresh air, the architecture, it really makes you feel like you're someplace else." She stretches to her toes, the Arrow's fluid movements not so much discouraging the more plainly-built Warlock as pumping her up. She was eager to learn.

"Most of my training has been with short blades. I've tried bigger swords and staves from time to time, but I prefer the lighter tools over the heavier ones. I've been wanting to get into some kind of close combat style just in case I'm short a weapon, but..." He pauses to adjust mid-stretch. "Space magic doesn't leave to many opportunities for people to land a punch. Which is actually part of why I wanted to get into training a bit more." She appreciates Phoenyx's matter-of-factness when it came to her pain threshold. "I've been in a couple scuffles; mostly alley thugs or the odd cultist. Never had to fight an Arrow or a Guardian before, thank God." She'd honestly thought about joining the Arrows before her family swept her into the Mysterium. "But the worst I've really gotten was from environmental hazards in the field; burns and scrapes and falls. Though there was this one time I took a knuckle duster to the..." She pauses, shrugs apologetically. "So yeah, long story short: I'm built to take hits but mostly try to avoid them altogether."
    Artifact

8. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"It was not my choice," Phoenyx replies, "though all orders have a section of the Circle. It is still my favourite - it offers peaceful seclusion. I meditate on the roof. The view is nice."

She stops her stretching to listen to Belle, watching her intently. A pleased smile tugs at her lips when Belle mentions being relieved at not having to fight an Arrow - something she clearly takes as a compliment. Though her brow furrows at the cut off sentence."Where were you hit?" She doesn't seem to notice the apologetic tone at all. If Belle was going on too much, there was no sign.

The Arrow nods slowly. "So your previous training was painless, but you have some combat experience in the field. That places you above most of the mages here." Painless? "If you feel you have warmed up sufficiently, then we can begin. If not I find jogging around the circle a good start. Would you prefer hands or blades?" She gestures to the knives on the floor.

10. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Nice, greeting the dawn. Swell." ​Belle was starting to feel her limbs warm up to their new task. "Took a blow to the ribs; bastard had some training and I was caught off guard." She taps her right side, between breast and hip. "Left a helluva bruise. But thankfully I had backup"

She rolls her shoulders back a few times.
    "I think I'm ready. I jogged my way over, since I figured there'd be a workout waiting for me." She looks over to the knives. "I think I'll start with what I know and work my way down." She'd brought in a shoulder bag with her and now pulls her own weapon out of it. It was a weathered blade, cared for but clearly mundane. "Can't wait 'til I get enough Matter magic to pull this from out of my closet" She gives Phoenyx a respectful nod and stands at attention. "So, where do we start"?
    Artifact

12. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"It is always good to have backup," the Arrow agreed.

Phoenyx nods approvingly. "You have given this thought. Good. And you have your own weapon." There was a lot to like about this new Mage. "That makes sense." She looks Belle up and down. "Take your stance. We'll go through your training moves attaking then defending, so I can see what you can do, then move on to sparring."

The Arrow draws the knife from her right hip in a single, fluid motion. "Ready?"

14. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle nods, and draws her own weapon after discarding the sheath. "Ready!" She assumes a tight stance with her arms up and elbows protecting her ribs; a hold-over from that last described injury. As she takes her initial jabs there's a brief hesitation behind her movements. She just met Phoenyx and the Arrow seemed really cool! She didn't want to hurt her. Bullshit! She's an Arrow; she can probably block everything you can throw at her. And if she can't, then you get to say you nicked the best Mage fighter in Sacramento. The hesitation drops as her inner monologue closes, and she becomes more determined in her maneuvers. There's little finesse in her bladework, her movements are quick bursts of activity followed by observant defense. Though there's clearly a scrappiness in her eyes that betrays an eagerness to get to the sparring.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow walks around Belle slowly as she goes through her moves. Out and back. "Widen your stance a little. Your feet are too close together." She taps the Mastigos' elbows. "Relax your arms. You are trying to cage your ribs, leaving you with less manouverabilty and freedom of movement."

She watches a little more. Belle had been taught before, that much was clear. She was a little sloppy in places, but few kept the strict training regimes of the Arrow. Phoenyx knew she herself had places to improve with weaponry. She keeps Belle running drills for five minutes before calling a halt.

"Good. Now I will make some basic attacks and see your defences in practice. Slow at first, then faster."

She stands opposite Belle, eyes watching the opponent's blade carefully. A smile tugged at her lips, and she moves through with a slow thrust to see the parrying in action.

18. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle feels the sweat dripping down her face in the hot open space quad, Phoenyx's adjustments aren't denied, if anything the Warlock readily molds her form to match them. She wanted to impress the Arrow of course, but she knew she was here to learn. And Belle was nothing if not an avid learner.

The drills continue on, but Belle refuses to tire. Sheer determination and physical endurance forged from years of exploration and training were working in her favor. Nothing like a little elbow grease to really make you feel alive. Add to that she was being trained by a smokin' hot Arrow! This was the kind of experience people paid good money for. She'd know; she'd been born into good money.

Finally the ritual switches to defensive tactics, and Belle matches Phoenyx's grin. "Nice! For a second I thought you were going to go easy on me." She keeps her stance more relaxed and open, just as she'd been adjusted, and the Arrow's blade is met by a measured flick of the knife-wrist turning the blade away off of her left shoulder. Her other hand was kept free and open, as if to deflect or push away from any follow up attacks.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread