Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Resurrectionists: Arkwright Cemetery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve makes her way up through the second part of the graveyard, following the 2 o'clock direction. When she sees the others going to hide, she immediately finds her way behind a headstone, shrinking herself like the shadow she is. Near perfect in the dead of night.

Stealth - 4 Successes

And just in case her stealth isn't enough, she makes sure to conceal her weapon in shadows.

Touch of Shadows - 2 Successes
    | BP 2

2. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The security guard manning the spotlight calls out.

" Who's behind there? Come on out."

The spotlight stays on Conner's location.
    There's a click of a flashlight. The second guard steps out of the vehicle and walks around, his flashlight finding the hole in the ground, digging down to the coffin. The guard's flashlight ticks back up to the grave, highlighting the small statue of an empty chair and shoes.

"What sicko dug up a kid's grave?"

4. Likes Endymion, , BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn stiffened slightly, watching Jack, as they gently set down the chest, trying to hide behind dilapidated headstones. Despite the tension, Quinn smiled slightly at Jack and nodded once. She understood. Child grave? Oh fucking great. Here we go....

Stealth Roll

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

(Blush (Vitae), +3 stealth check (will))Vitae 1 Willpower Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor wills his blood to give his flesh life, should he fail to hide. Then works his way behind a headstone, hoping to keep himself hidden from the guards.

3 successes
    Last edited by Connor OBrien; Sep 20th, 2021 at 01:21 PM.  Reason for Edit: Add in stealth roll
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

7. Likes , , BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

The guards are focused on a grave marker other than his own. That's a blessing. But it won't last. He's simply no good at concealing himself.

Still, he tries his hardest, scrunching down behind his marker, attempting to make himself smaller. And, miracles of miracles, he manages to pull a little something off.

1 success

The Lord stays there, listens closely. A kid's grave. So they're getting closer. Lady Grief should be north of here and, between them, Pope's resting place.

But first, they've got to make it out of this situation. While he waits to see what happens next, Milton wills the shadows to disguise his bag. It's a large item, so it takes an extra moment, but he manages it in the end.

Obfusctae 1 Rolls
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

9. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

(Activate Devotion D2I)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Spotlights and boots on the ground don't happen unless they were drawn there. The rent-a-cop's order all but confirms why they're there. Jack narrows his eyes, having ensured the safety of the chest. What the fuck was going on here?

4 successes

Ah shit. Conner. Which meant the Lance were already here and... surprisingly ahead of us. Ah now that's a problem, he's a literal corpse in a grave. Flashlight, spotlight... there's no time now. The mission pales in comparison to the Masquerade. Jacque set down his duffel, straightened his cuffs with a quick pull as he stood from his crouching spot willing the power of his blood into action. He deliberately closed the distance at an angle that benefited those behind him the most and pulled a hand behind him wide open to signal a hold. Once he was sure he'd be noticed anyway by his approach, he began the show.

"Jesus fucking Mary of Christ George I knew I'd find you here, I just knew it," he looked at the guard and looked back to Conner, "You fucking idiot! You haven't been taking your meds have ya?" Jack put his hands on top of his head, stressed with the current situation, "I'd say you look like you've got one foot in the grave but you're halfway in you dumb bloke." He snaps his attention back to the guard, "Listen, sir, I'm so sorry. He's my brother, he's not well..." he hushed to a whisper, "...in the head, ya know." He shot a glance to Conner again and then back to the guard at normal volume, "He lost his kid last year, we were here yesterday visiting over in the urn garden, paying respects and he saw that the ground here looked like it was tore up real bad by some animal. Gopher, mole or something. Said it wasn't right... God damn I should have kept a better eye on him, shit."

Jack opened his jacket real slow and with the tips of his fingers pulled out his money clip to show he wasn't armed and way too rich to be a grave robber, "Listen, sir. He was trying to do right here, a good thing, but he's a little fucked up right now. We're still trying to get the right balance with his meds. I can help him put the dirt back over the grave real nice and I'm willing to pay ya'll real good to look the other way just this once with no cops. He doesn't need this on his record; it'll keep him from getting a good job. I just need a little more time with him and his doctor to fix it so he'll be right again, you know? Have some heart, I'll make it right whatever it takes."

5 successes

Blood Hunt:

11. Likes , pisces, Endymion, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Conner's head swirls with options, none of them good. The Beast screamed in hungry rage. See! This is what happens when you try to play nice! This is what happens when you try to do something good! Innocent people get hurt!!! Just rip these bastards to shreds and get out of here before...

And then he hears a voice. An angelic voice of deliverance carrying curses and deceptions on the wind. Is that...Seneschal Jacque? He blushes life into his veins, spending more precious Vitae to please God, please let this deception work. And then he carefully pulls himself up into view. Sure enough, there was the second-most powerful vampire in Sacramento calling him out like a wayward son. That Ventrue bastard is trying to leave you to the wolves!!! Ignore him... But Conner had recently become an expert of weaponizing adrenaline into purposeful action. That's it! The Seneschal doesn't know how close he's hit the mark...

3 successes

Conner lets the grief and exhaustion long-buried flow in gasps and regretful tears.
    "Oh God! I'm sorry bro; I just...I couldn't take it. I was thinking about poor Holden, how he'd...and then that bitch Hall left me with a fucking Jane Doe letter and...I heard this was where people...Oh God!" He stumbles forward, slumping down directly in front of Jacque. "I thought I was stronger than this. I thought...but I was wrong. I'm so sorry."

Even though he was tired, aching, and ready to just quit this whole venture, Conner had hope now. If Jacque was here, then it would stand to reason someone else would be here. Someone who could effortlessly figure out his angle of the situation and possibly avoid bloodshed. His thoughts ring out, praying that a certain special someone was there to hear them.
    The Invictus Coterie are lying to you. They want to resurrect Pope as a weapon! The Lance are here to take him far away to where he will never wake up again. Please let me help make this right!

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

13. Likes , , pisces, Endymion liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve is listening in and her eyes widen as she hears... CONNER's voice. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, CONNER? What is he doing here? Her mind is racing in all kinds of different direction. The Lancea must be all over this. What the heck does that mean?

She looks toward the direction they need to go. Lady Grief is north, right? She looks around and while the guard is distracted, Maeve is going to make her way North, going gravestone to gravestone to try and get away from the direct area without being seen. She won't go farther than she can guestimate for where the others are, keeping Conner and Jack in her sight.

Stealth away - 2 Successes
    | BP 2

15. Likes , Endymion, BoxingUnicorn, pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The guard who had walked out of the vehicle with his very nice flashlight turns and listens as Jack makes his case. His expression from the onset was polite skepticism. His badge reads 'Minor'. He is a white man in his mid - thirties. His shoulders are broad and his arms are well defined. Guard Minor carries about an extra ten pounds of weight, but it works for him. Guard Minor has chased off kids having a good time or had to call the police for more serious vandalism for years, now. As Jack speaks, his expression changes. Softens a bit.
    When Conner moves into sight and speaks to Minor, Minor is actively nodding. He appears agreeable.
    "Good evening, sir." He greets, a nod to each man, whom he calls 'sir'.

The flashlight moves to the disturbed ground of the tome. Minor moves the light over the nice headstone, checks the little stauette for damage. He pauses directly beside the tome. Something seems to distract him and he half turns, flashing his light into the darkness of a different sloping hill. The flash light pans over darkness, finding no one. Guard Minor gives a good natured smile when he turns to face Jack. He addresses Jack.
    "Well, at the end of the day, its just a hole in the dirt. Cemeteries have plenty of that. No damage done."

Minor pauses for a minute.

"Why don't you gentlemen head on out? Do you need help out or do you think you could find your way?"
    He glances towards Valencia, visually checking on him, before his gaze moves between Jack and Conner. He stands with confidence, the light now pointed down.

The man in the car moves the spotlight over the area. He is clearly looking for something beyond grieving fathers or well dressed men. His expression is one of concern. This guard's tag reads 'Valencia'. He is dark - skinned, lean and lithe looking. Valencia ignores his partner talking with Jack and Conner. He clearly looks like he is on guard. Watching for something. He doesn't know about the decades long search culminating in the descent of Kindred flocking to the cemetery for Pope. He doesn't know about the Kindred in hiding, all around him. What is he concerned with?

Maeve is moving away from the conflict, heading towards the next step in the puzzle. As she moves, movement to her left! Yet when she turns and looks, nothing. Yet she knows something was right there, just six yards ahead of her.

What do you do?

1 success

2 successes

2 successes

17. Likes pisces liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah geez thank you so much sir," Jacque responded in a relief that was not hard to express given how close they were to a breach. He flicked a stack of 10 100s from the money clip and extended it towards Minor, locking eyes with the now passive guard, "Why don't you take this, split it with your colleague and drive back to the main gate so you can resume enjoying a normal evening? I think we'll be alright here, the walk will give us time to talk."

4 successes

He smiled genuinely. He didn't have to bend the mortal to his will, but unfortunately he needed to make sure his overzealous companion didn't linger around with that spotlight for at least a little bit. He had half a mind to make the poor sap drag Conner with him and call an Uber, but his prudence would not allow the Lord to abandon an opportunity to gain an advantage. He quietly waited, eyes locked on the guard, for the first signs he'd obey.

Blood Hunt:

19. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread