Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Resurrectionists: Arkwright Cemetery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The guard Minor nods slightly, that was such a good suggestion. The money was watched for a moment, as though the guard was unsure. Yet he smoothly accepted and tucked the money into his shirt pocket, dropping his hand down to his side.
    "You have a good evening, sir. I hope you," He looks to Conner. " - have better nights ahead. Take care, gentlemen."

Minor gets back into his car. He pulls his sedan into reverse and is heading back towards the front of the cemetery. Milton would remember that the security office was at the front gate, with several parking spots alloted to it. The second guard's face is obscured as he looks away from the window, speaking with his partner. The Kindred in hiding have escaped the notice of security... for now.

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner wills himself to stand, the emotional relief of his rescue channeled into adrenaline to keep the performance going just a bit longer. Could he tell if the Seneschal was using more than mere words to abet his escape? Maybe? But at that point he didn't care; as long as the Masquerade was kept on nobody got hurt, he was more than happy to play the fool. Not like you don't have a fucking track record or something. Shut up; there's more at stake than ego. At least there Man and Beast were agreed, grumbling aside. Conner stays close to Jacque as Minor bids them farewell, he raises a single forlorn arm in apologetic salute. "Thank you sir, have a blessed night." And please God, don't let it be their last...

As the guards leave, blood and suspicion in tow, Conner takes a few deep breaths to calm his nerves. To hell with the subterfuge, he needed to do all he could to avoid a bloodbath and see the mission through. Now certain that the guards were out of earshot, he turns to the Seneschal. "With all due respect sir, I need to know who came with you and whether they came through the same entrance you did. The Lancea don't know anyone in the Sacramento team, and they might attack if they don't know you're friendly." But were they? No! No more doubts. We'll make this work. ​You'll have to.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened to all that transpired. Her gaze moved to the hidden box beside her that she knew was there even though visually it was hidden. Good thing too. The Lancea Sanctum didn't need to know about the box. Point for team 'Get'r done!' When the cops were bought off and mentally massaged to go on about their night blissfully unaware of the monster scavenger hunt underway, Quinn stood and closed the short distance between Jack and Conner, but she had noted Maeve's trajectory before. Going off alone was a frankly stupid decision. Worrying made Quinn grumpy. She would file that away for debriefing later.

She gave Jack an appreciative smile, and a little nod, with one eyebrow arched. "Nice job, boss. Thank you for keeping him out of trouble. A breach of the masquerade could have undone everything tonight. I am sure what Conner meant to offer was his gratitude, but he seems a little too riled up to say it." She looked to Conner then. She noted his paler than normal appearance and real concern leaked into her features. She expanded her senses immediately, tapping into the power of the Beast. Analyzing her family closely with Auspex. 'A good leader looks after their own, especially when they have failed to look after themselves. Those who love sacrifice will exhaust first Childe, remember these words, Sita. Or you will lead them only to slaughter.'

Quinn's senses filled with the beasts power of perception she could see he had overspent himself tonight. He was starving at this point, and in danger of frenzy due to that. With what Quinn now believed was in the box, he wouldn't hold it together. He couldn't anymore. He spent too much.

"Conner you are spent. If you continue to push it you will not rise tomorrow evening, are you hearing me? I don't care what the Sanctum is doing or wanting at this point, my concern is you right now."

Roll For Auspex 1: Beast Hackles

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt steps out from behind his headstone, the sword in his hand held at his side. The conversation going on by the headstone, while interesting, isn't his concern right now; and as much as he would like to be subtle about his question to the Pastor, the time didn't allow for it. "If Priscus Durant is correct, Pastor, you should be on your way. You can meet up with us or the Sanctum after you've had time to feed and rest, I'm sure they would like to avoid a Kindred in the throes of Frenzy as much as we would. Before you go though, I have to ask you the same thing. Who is here for the Sanctum?" There was much more he wanted to say to the Pastor, but that wasn't his place.

He never looks at Conner while he speaks, instead choosing to give the area a visual scan before sniffing at the air. It may look outrageous, but it may just keep them from being ambushed.

1 success
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

7. Likes pisces liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

That Conner is here comes as a bit of a surprise. But not much of one. Of course the Church is interested in locating Pope. Obviously, they would contact their sole agent in the city to assist them.

There's no time for this, Milton thinks. Tries to remember if he'd read anything in the documentation provided him concerning the frequency of security patrols.

Remember, 3 successes

In any event, the others seem to be handling the Priest well enough. Maeve has already moved on. Milton intends to follow.

A quick look to Jacque, "I'm forging ahead, Seneschal," he says softly. "Same bearings as before. I'll see you when this...distraction has been resolved." And moves off, beyond the child's grave in the same 2 o'clock direction traveled by Maeve. Trying to keep his eyes open, aware of his surroundings, but he's too involved in the search for Lady Grief to truly be on high alert.

Perception, failure
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack listened to Conner's order, then held his tongue with a nod as Quinn interjected. He took a moment to consult the map and the situation around him. as she expressed her concern for her comrade's well-being.

And just like that, Milton forged forward past Maeve in the opposite direction the map and clues advised. He hadn't noticed Maeve particularly, but Milton's announcement and departure without any semblance of a group plan sparked an element of frustration in the Lord. "My patience for the events this evening is quickly wearing thin. Aside from the near breach I just prevented, you seem to be in danger of risking another. You can avoid my displeasure by answering two questions before leaving." He glanced towards Quinn and to Connor. Combined with the missing or gallivanting colleagues, the phrase "too many cooks in the kitchen" came to mind. He scribbled a note on the map with a line going true north into Laurel Hill per the clues provided and handed it to Connor, "Mister O'Brien, if you would be so kind as to retrieve my cousin and correct his course, we'll rendezvous shortly."

​He turned his attention back to Conner, "First, do you have a means to contact the other agents of the Lancea, and secondly how many of their souls are here also working to apprehend the Liar?" he was here, so it was safe to assume there were others.

Jack took a step closer to Conner, "Direct answers, Mister Wells. Don't waste any energy beyond what I've asked. There are only a sum of two possible ways you'll be vacating the cemetery tonight." On his feet or in the deep sleep.

3 successes

Blood Hunt:

Jennifer Hazelton

Connor looks down a gradual sloping hill here leads down to the cemetery wall, swallowed in stark vines and weeds that practically blend with the rusting razor-wire coiled at the top. There is crisp, dead grass here that should tip him off to anyone else moving around. Unless they were specifically trying to avoid the group of Kindred from Sacramento… Connor sees nothing suspicious. Simply a dark night in the cemetery. Isolated.
    Alone here with only those who followed the Seneschal here to rely on. How many others could the Lancea Sanctum have mustered?

Milton and Maeve had moved out of sight. Hopefully, not out of earshot.

2 successes

Conner was being pressed to leave the cemetery. Surely, he could acknowledge that he was spent. Yet, he was reminded that he was driven here by Maxwell, the ghoul. He had no other means to depart.

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt nods as he's addressed by Jack. He takes the map and utters a reply. "Right away, Senechal." Then he turns and draws the sword again, expecting some resistance from the Sanctum.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner's urgency appears to yet again outweigh his judgement. He looks to Quinn, briefly frustrated but acquiescing to his Priscus...his Blood Cousin's concern. "Of course, my apologies Priscus, Seneschal." Conner almost snaps at O'Brien's insistence that he depart the field. Damn Invictus pet! Who does he think he is? But the Seneschal yet again prevents a potentially fatal blunder with his own sharp insistence.

2 successes

Conner feels the predator within cowed by some supernatural force beyond his own natural charisma. Conner hated this; he hated the feeling of powerlessness. It reminded him of Twist left to her devices in Elysium after Kowalsic's execution; he wanted that power for his own, to make those who would dare impose their will on him weep blood and tears. Wait...maybe there's something to salvage her. Jacque was frustrated, but not entirely at him. His forces are scattering, he has no information on his enemies, and Conner has successfully distracted his team from finding Pope if only for a moment. Conner thinks about what Rowan had told him about the Ventrue: More than any other Kindred, Ventrue fear the loss of control. Put a Lord in a corner and they will fight as fiercely as any Gangrel to regain their advantage. And so Conner faces the Seneschal, his face showing no emotion aside from stoic forbearance.

"Yes Sir; the Lance are being led by Legate Vincenzo, an agent from San Diego. He is accompanied by no more than a half-dozen ghouls, one of which is named Maxwell. He was accompanying me until he split up to investigate a disturbance, which I believe to mean the Invictus coterie or Pope's acolytes. Maxwell is also the one who brought me to the cemetery."
    You can't be rid of me that easily.

"I've been in communication with Vincenzo's party via two-way radio. But Vincenzo himself recently is beyond contact after investigating a Kindred threat. Again, likely the Invictus or Pope's acolytes." He holds out the two-way radio, which Jacque could take if he wished. After all, this was about offering the Ventrue control. He looks between Seneschal and Priscus. "I understand my presence here has caused disruption, and maybe that was the point. But I ask that you please give me the chance to make this right, and make sure all our people return to Sacramento safe. I can help you avoid a firefight with the Lance, and assist with negotiations with Vincenzo; I'm certain we can at least hear out their reasons for wanting to remove Pope themselves." Whatever urgency in his voice is quiet, his previous frantic performance replaced by calm acceptance of the situation he was in. He would not apologize for doing what he believed to be right; he would not deny the opportunity as a Lancea and as an acknowledged member of the Domain to fight for his home; and he would be thrice damned if he let anyone deny him the chance to show he could serve.

After all, if the Ventrue's own kin wouldn't follow orders, why not trust a Shadow who could?

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

14. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn watched Jacque as he took the matter into his own capable hands. He made his judgement. The only thing to do now was to see that Conner heeded the Seneschal.

"Thank you for the information Conner, but the Seneschal's words and mine stand. You are not fit to continue this night. You are but moment of stimulus away from a hunger frenzy, or worse. There is no shame nor blame in leaving the field when one poses a danger to all around them. As I know the Seneschal to be generous, your contributions will be noted with the group. Intelligence is always appreciated and rewarded." She used the word intelligence two fold. Both the information he relinquished and the intelligence to leave the field when you were spent. They were not human. This was not a controlled study group. He posed as much threat to them as the others did at this point. Quinn paused a moment.

"How about you simply tell the Seneschal and I why the Sanctum wants to remove Pope for their own ends vs. that of the Invictus? You have the information obviously. What is it? After you have reported this, then your next mission is to leave with all post haste for Sacramento as the Seneschal commands." Or he wouldn't like what happened next.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread