Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had Liam send Priscus Quinn Durant an invitation to meet with her about two hours after first darkness. The room was one of the smaller meeting rooms in Elysium. More private than the Nox floor, yet still in the moving heatbeat of the Kindred social circles. It was possible some may dare to sneak a peek at the two Priscii, yet Jennifer felt that they had privacy.
    Liam set a vase that he had brought from the Necropolis at Jennifer's request. The vase featured white chranthemum and Nutmeg Gernium.

She did enjoy Durant's education, although it was a pity she was not using it. The Meritocracy isn't for everyone. Jennifer reminded herself. Even if it was a regret some of my good friends had not chosen the Invictus.

Jennifer wore a new green business suit. There was a bit of bling, something to wear with someone who would appreciate the style. A pearl etched wreath pin held the subtle and understated black scarf that completely hid one side of Jennifer's neck. A golden chain hung below the scarf, an emerald necklace that Jennifer thought was just understated enough, but showed her subtle message.

Florentine code
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn swept into Elysium past the faceless groups, and headed straight to the room where her Ladyship was awaiting her. Her outfit was a sharp black suit, tailored to Quinn's generous curves. Her hair appeared quite a bit longer with a stylish blowout. Her makeup simple and understated for a general working evening in the office.

Quinn loved puzzles and as her gaze initially surveyed the room, she noted the flowers first, and then all the little personal signatures of her Ladyship. Quinn smiled seeing Jennifer, and gave her a deep nod which was held for a few beats. Jennifer's position as Priscus, but also as a Kindred of Quality was acknowledged. "Good evening Lady Notary Hazelton. It is kind of you to make room for me in your schedule. I appreciate the invitation." She would wait until her ladyship sat, or if already sitting would seat herself. Quinn had a little box that was elegantly wrapped with her.

"I brought you a little gift to assist you with your own studies." She set it down in the space between them. Upon opening Jennifer would find a beautiful leather notebook, a quill pen, with some strange looking ink. Quinn grinned and explained the ink. "This ink looks black initially upon writing, but then disappears, and when it is dried can only be read under a black light. The journaling helped me when I was recording my own perceptions. I hope you find it helpful, and also a clever way of keeping your privacy."

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"You look lovely, Priscus Durant. I like your suit." Jennifer states, sincere. It was quite a tell that both Priscii had chosen business dress suits that suited their figures. Jennifer gave Quinn a deep nod, fitting her station as Priscus of her clan. Her lips turned upwards as she noted Quinn's deep respect.

"No, not at all, Priscus. I am happy to meet with you."

At the presention of the gift, Jennifer reached over and accepted it carefully. She opened it with repose and gave a smile as the ink was explained. "Thank you. This will help me with my studies. I do find journaling aids in research."
    Jennifer carefully set the gift in front of her, yet to the side so it wasn't between her and Quinn. "I know that we spoke about what you wanted to learn. Is this an acceptable locale for you? I do think that we can discuss your goals on it a bit."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled as Jennifer received the gift. Gifting was difficult for Kindred. Too cheap or thoughtless a gift and you looked bad. To expensive and you looked like you were trying to buy affection or you are just an asshole. There were many other responses you can get. The dreaded nostalgia pick where literally you hit it out of the park, but it hurts them to bare your gift. It was always slightly awkward. The only time it was not awkward was with the First Estate. It was commonplace then...

"The location is fine, private is usually better for these things, but it will do." She shrugged one shoulder, with an easy going smile." She paused only a moment to contemplate her words next.
    "Language is a powerful tool. I think you would agree. How we use it and when we use certain things can make or break you in negotiations, discussions, and even pleasantries. When pleasantries, and negotiations and discussions go south, sometimes the kinder persuasions have to be set aside and some brow beating put in place. Some people will not listen to anything else. Just like there are those people who only listen to violence. Sometimes a small threat can ward off larger problems if you intimidate a bit."

She took an unneeded breath to sigh. "I have told Alessandra of my desire for the Reeve position as well. All of my skills need to be sharp so I can serve the court to my utmost ability."

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods to the Mekhet's observation. "You are right, of course."
    Private was always preferred. Yet for this initial visit, Jennifer could relay her information in words. For the practical demonstration, the meeting would need to be away from Elysium. Yet she did not want to have any situations that might highlight shortcomings. Jennifer knew that her own planned training in brawl under her cousin's expertise could be a situation that could highlight her shortcomings. The two Priscii could be meeting over any great number of things. One of which Jennifer decided to bring up at the beginning of the conversation. It would be easy for anyone listening in to assume this would be the reason for the two to be meeting.

"I did have an important matter to bring up for your consideration." Jennifer's warm brown eyes light on Quinn's briefly. "A bit on the vein on our two Families becoming more familiar with one another. Would you be interested in meeting the members of my Family: Madame Bellemy, Mr. O'Brien, and Madame Kingsley for conversation?"

A pause as Jennifer delicately glanced to the door. Satisfied that there were none bold enough to interupt or intrude, the Nosferatu continues on the true purpose for the meeting.
    "Language is a powerful tool. I do think that the Formal Court highlighted that well."

A pause for emphasis.
    "Am I correct in thinking that you may find some use for veiled language?" She didn't say threats right out, yet emphasized language to give the idea.
    "You have the tools to use this to your advantage. The most efficient application of this ... skill set... is to apply the proper pressure. A mere reminder that you know of something dear could have desirable effects."

She wouldn't insult Quinn to state that the tools were to know the other Kindred were something that she expected from Quinn.

"You have declared your intention for Reeve." A very intriquing statement, one that Jennifer was keen to follow up on. Her past conversation in the Prince's Office could be relevant.

10. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned and winked at Jennifer, nodding a bit. "Yes of course I would be up for that. We've talked about it before. So let's talk location, location, location! Penthouse suite with killer views? I am pretty sure I know of an empty ballroom on short notice." Her grin grew wider. "Oh! Should we have a theme?" Quinn looked excited with the prospect. Certainly sounded it too. If that wasn't enough to bore the lookey lou's....nothing would. Between the two of them it sounded at first like some Priscii meetings stuff.

Quinn grinned and nodded. She got what her Ladyship was putting down. There was physical intimidation, and then there was emotional. Emotional was tougher, but ultimately more potent, and that was the one she was interested in. "My skill set certainly can handle the ammunitions gathering." Quinn's smile looked a little more predatory for a moment.

She nodded once. "I have. I had a very productive conversation with her Grace. She said it herself I have been very helpful with investigations in the Domain. I am hoping she will give me a shot. I don't know whom she will choose. I know even if its not me, I will still help, and strive to be the best that I can be. I want to support this domain, and help it thrive. That means putting the work in. Work is the one thing I do know for certain."

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considered thoughtfully.
    " The penthouse is an excellent option. Are you partial to that?

I also know of an area that has functioned as Elysium in the past. The location is secret, so it wouldn't be able to be shared around town.

I think you have been productive in the investigation. Your ability to manage and direct is helpful.
    I stayed quiet in our first meetings to see if you or Mr. Smith would do better in getting respect without bludgeoning.
    I am a bit curious if you have a feel on how Mr. Smith is doing? His skill set could work well for deputy. If he can manage his temper.
    Perhaps Dirt Nap as well. Although, I have to say... Mr. O'Brien has been quite impressive."

Jennifer left that last sentence on an upward tilt of emphasis.
    Jennifer listened closely, pocketing that Quinn would still help if she wasn't chosen. Would she work well with other potential deputies?

"I'm taking it that you have been doing some research into possible pressure points for folks around.
    Now, my point of pressure doesn't work on using social grace. My family isn't strong there. I have trained my body to be able to influence people without words. Or a few words, and the implied threat.
    Using your body, even though we are not muscle bound warriors, can be effective. "

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm really open for anything that we may be able to speak openly at, and everyone would feel comfortable." Quinn was agreeable and didn't seem to be sweating the location to much.

"Mr. Smith is doing well I think, and we seem to work well together, and we have some trust built up between us, which helps. He and I have been through a few things privately together as well that helped with all of that. I think at first Mr. Smith may have been a little stubborn out of not knowing me as well as he does now."

"If I were to be chosen for Reeve, I would choose Mr. Smith and Mr. Obrien as my deputies, perhaps Dirt Nap if it was something he could spare the time on, and we had large enough investigations to warrant it."

Quinn nodded thoughtfully. "I can see that as being effective. A bit of physical mixed with verbal implication. Normally with my family we avoid conflicts, but that's not really possible when you put yourself out there for the domain."

15. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I agree, comfort between the lot of us is what is important." Her Cursed voice agreed.
    "I'll float my idea of location by my Family and see if they agree."
    It wouldn't do to upset Family before a meeting between two Families. "I will get back to you soon so we can set a firm date."
    "Good, I am glad that you work well together with Mr. Smith. It is important to have allies you can trust."

It was good to have allies, and Jennifer was pleased that she and Quinn were declared allies. Could they be any less, after the risk Quinn had taken to protect Jennifer?
    "I seem to have mixed signals with Mr. Smith occasionally. I will have to take a minute to converse with him in the coming months. Although, have you noticed that he seems to take issue with Seneschal Jack? If anyone should miss the former Seneschal, it is I.
    I have found Seneschal Jack to have made the transition as smooth as possible."

"On the topic of deputies again, I agree with the selection of Mr. O'Brien. I have come to trust him." Jennifer nods slightly.
    "Although there is none that I trust more than Dirt Nap, who has had my back these past years."
    "On focusing on your own path forward with the art of intimidation, have you had any need to practice over the last year? I do want to set up a practical demonstration at a haven to allow you to truly experience which way you prefer. I agree with your sentiment- I tend to avoid conflict, myself. Yet I find having honed my skills in intimidation gives me some steel to rely on."

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds like an excellent plan." She agreed.

"I have seen some tension there, but Mr. Smith didn't like me much either at first. Now look at us?" Quinn shrugged gently. "I think Mr. Smith needs some time to get used to the Seneschal. I don't foresee lasting conflict there. I don't think we have anything to worry about." Quinn confided sincerely, with a gentle smile. Clearly trying to reassure Jennifer.

Quinn again nodded in agreement. "I have found my meetings and outings and various run ins with Mr. OBrien to be productive. I like him. I think he knows what it means to serve a domain as it means to us, your Ladyship. Also he is of your family, and you and I have built our alliance brick by brick over time. Our talks and plans of bringing deeper alliances between our families have not fallen on deaf ears for me." Quinn gave Jennifer a knowing smile. Stating she would choose of Jennifer's family, over others. "I am glad you have such a friend in Dirt Nap."

"I have not. I am starting from nothing on that front I am afraid. We are completely like minded on this topic. I too, would like a little steel to fall back on if I have to."

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread