Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mysterium meeting IV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

"Curator requires well established members in the order, with longer record of service than we here can provide. The curators are effectively the leaders. They direct the rest of the members for academic and political gain of the order. When we need to borrow something from another chapter of the Mysterium, they probably go to their curator. I prefer the system we have now, of open discussions for what would be best for the order. Or when Campanella comes back, stronger and more enlightened, he takes the position of Curator. That's the kind of Gravitas a curator is supposed to have.

Combining Censor and Acquisitor seems ... doable.
    " He gave an apologetic grimace to Belle . "At this point, I believe it is better to have Daduchos Aurora as Acquisitor/Censor. At least until you get officially in the order and have spent some time with us. I do not deny your academic or field accomplishments, I believe you will be a valuable member of the Caucus, but at the time, I believe it would be better if you assisted Daduchos Aurora in her role. A daduchos is supposed to teach after all, and you seem an eager and valuable pupil."

To Guru Corn said "We can never have enough savants, Neokore. If it is something you aspire to, it will not be an issue. Savants are the living repository of our knowledge. The experts on their respecting fields. " He didn't comment on the happy pills. If Guru wanted to do that, that was his decision. Unlike most users, he could simply reverse the damage done to his body and mitigate or prevent lasting effects on his mind.

On the matter of sharing and oversharing Corn nodded. "So, most of us are in agreement that we better play it close. I think that's sensible. We can discuss what to share, or if we need immediate decisions, the Censor or myself could provide guidance until the time to discuss it in here comes."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

To be honest, Crystal didn't really follow the conversation that closely after a while (nobody here would be able to convince the other party), but when Guru mentioned candy flips the Warlock was all ears again. "So: beer, pizza and whatever extras people want to bring? Sounds like a good plan for an unofficial get-together some time. It also seems like we've just about covered the most important Order business - or does anybody have something else on their mind?"

The discussion on titles did seem to have some more open question marks, so it was probably prudent not to rush anything right now. Especially with how late it had become. Damn, they really talked that long about more or less serious topics. Well, and robes. And they all seemed to agree on not openly discussion their findings with everyone, lest they impacted the safety of the Consilium. "So: no discussing experiments and findings with other Awakened unless we asked Daduche Corn about it? Any vetos to that suggestion?" He knew that it technically wasn't his job to decide anything, but sometimes talking around in circles made him inpatient.
    Corn would tell him off if he ever felt insulted.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"So... I think it would be better to keep the positions people have within the order but use the titles - Dadouchos and Neokoros - freely.
    Anything has anything else to add? If not, I would like to adjourn the meeting for the time.
    "

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Corn, then a smile to Belle, “I would love to work with you. I’m sure there is much we can learn from each other.” Her tone warm. She’d never done anything like that before, but Belle seems like she would be good to work with.

Looking to Crystal, she shakes her head. She didn’t have anything else. They had covered quite a bit.

Then to Corn again, “I’ve talked about what I needed to talk about.” And had taken on a position…well…more than one. But she had a feeling Belle would be a quick study and take over one of the roles quickly.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Should I close the meeting?

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Magic could be a narcotic, that feeling of power that knowledge of the way the world worked there to unlock the barrier in your path. You just had to reach out and touch it, it was a struggle not to that temptation always there to take the easy path, the left-hand path. Guru knew what he was like, he knew his struggles; so he dipped his toes in the water never risking going too deep. He could feel his heart rate spike, feel the ramp up begin. Body beginning to fidget more. Though more than happy to have the rest of it pass over, not an argument he'd been meaning to push on his first day. Oops. Aurora's words helping to pull him out of that, help let it go again.

Guru shook his head, he wasn't going to step up like that on Day One. Roles and positions, nah, he knew he had to earn that. Still Corn's explanation made enough sense to Guru, nodding along as he took in the information. Still listening as the decision and consensus was made on how to keep their information. It all seemed to go smoothly for the most part. He couldn't help but smirk, as Corn spoke of being a Savant "I think If I put the work in I can achieve it, my foundation of Chemistry is solid and well...Alchemy. So speaking of chemistry, we'll have a party, some good homebrews, I'll bring the dopamine and serotonin for the adventure seekers. Oh it'll be interesting." Shaking his head when Corn followed up about additional business. "All I got."

Good to close, glad I got to sneak it in though.

11. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle nods gratefully to Aurora, then turns to Corn and company. "Sounds like we have a consensus! Go team!"

I think we've accomplished what we set out to do! Thanks for a fun Scene y'all.

Artifact

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Have nothing to add - thanks for the cool scene!
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread