Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Mysterium meeting IV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn has nicely arranged the seats for the "Mysterium & Friends" meeting in the large (and largely empty) Athenaum. He is dressed in his nice Mysterium robes as he waits for those affiliated with the order - officially or not - to arrive.
    The Athenaum is not very large. In one corner is the terrarium with the magic grubs. The Grimoire with the rotes of the Order stands on its pedestal and a few books and notes are on the shelves. The place is well lit and there are desks for those that want to study. On the side, there's a metallurgy workshop with several hand-me-town tools, molds, reagents and a furnace.

Belle Guru Aurora Crystal
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just as Crystal thought: if anyone were to call for the next Order meeting after Campanella's good-bye it would be Corn. Crystal shot Belle a message - just to be sure she was also invited - and made his way to the Circle. He didn't bring the robe again - that was a fad, a fun way to play with Corn's expectations and so far the Mastigos wasn't really sure if they seriously needed to wear those things every time they met. He opted for a pastel pink suit that was comfortable and made him look chic without being too hot or stuffy for the weather.

"Oh damn." Seeing the Moros don the robe made it abundantly clear that this fas was here to stay. "Hello Magus Corn. I hope you've been well?" He sat down where he usually sat whenever they met and looked around him. "So I'm the first one, huh? Do you know if Guru has officially joined the Order yet?" He pursed his lips in thought for a moment. "What are our rituals for new applicants by the way?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn greeted Crystal with a nod and a smile and answered his questions. "As far as I know, Guru is not part of the Mysterium yet. As far as the Order in general knows, you are not part of the Mysterium yet, which I was unkindly reminded when the Order sent me a scathing letter. I have included the contributions of "Neokoros Crystal" to our library when I visited San Diego to be anointed Dadouchos. That's when I was reminded that you should officially join the order and how prissy, uptight and obnoxious the order can be. You would think the Wise would be above the academic rivalries and petty despotism you see in the university halls, but you would be wrong.

Now, on the rituals for the new applicants, I can't tell you. I can only tell you that I suspect Guru would like the initiation ritual. And I can tell you that based on my experience from the party, which was a great success and better than the party my sleeper friends organized for me, I would like you to join officially so we can vote you the guy in charge of those rituals and ceremonies. So, after you officially join, you can write down the rites you want; the initiation in the deeper secrets of the Mysterium - that's a certain tradition that I cannot discuss. But how people join in Sacramento? Ask Aurora - I doubt we have any official guidelines.
    So... would you like to officially join the Order of the Mysterium Magus Crystal? And get access to the rotes and items beyond what we have in these walls? It is well overdue!
    " Corn said to Crystal.

"As a Neokoros, you could ask for official guidance from other mages of the Mysterium, everywhere in the world. " Corn lied. He didn't even think Crystal would believe that a random Mystagogue in Krakow would offer him help just because they are in the same order, so it was a white lie in his book.

6. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A meeting of the Order.

But an Order without Campanella. It was going to feel wrong for while. Not seeing him in there, eager to hear what they’d been up to. She only hoped he was finding what he was seeking.

Walking in, she went with one of her suits, still on the fence about the whole robe thing. And quite frankly, it had never been pushed by Campy, so whatever. Her suit was light in color, tailored to her, she wore no makeup and her hair had the look of being air dried.

Seeing Corn and Crystal, she offers a smile, finding herself a seat, probably where she sat last time. “Hey guys, hope I haven’t missed too much.” She jokes with an easy smile. This Shaman had plans, she was going places. Well, she hoped she was, it was time to get things done. In her hands was a notebook, dogeared from use.

8. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle had never been one to agonize over attire, but she wants to make a good first/second impression to the local Mysterium. She enters dressed formally with a blue blazer, matching pants, a shoulder bag, and her ring stark and black on her hand. Because dammit! I'm going to pull of 'business sexy' at least once in my life. "Hello everyone." She gives a nod to each member present. Only four of us? I sure hope that doesn't make me Ben Grimm. "What's the first order of business?"
    Artifact

10. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

And just like that the double edged nature of Corn's diligence became apparent. "Wow, you got it boss." He couldn't help the small hint of sarcasm in his voice - the Moros meant well and was only trying to help but Crystal couldn't help but feel like he was being scolded for sticking his hand into the cookie jar just now. "I'm on it next thing after leaving here." At least that'd be the next Order-related thing he'd do. Fuck, he didn't even consider the possibility of not being a full-fledged member of the Mysterium - he was just cruising along like that back in San Fran.

And if that wasn't enough, Corn wanted him to take up a way too official sounding position in the Order. "I will gladly join but give a few nights of sleep to think about that master of ceremonies deal. I'm not sure if an order of four- five, I guess - warrants that."

Speak of the devil: Aurora and Belle entered the room. Which meant all the official(ish) members of the Sacramento Mysterium were present. "Hey Aurora. Nice to see you." It was. Hadn't she planned to leave town? Shit, wasn't he supposed to call her? "How are the languages coming along?"

He gave Belle a 400-watt smile. "Hi and welcome. Technically there should be one more, but that was somehow up in the air." He did notice the lack of formalities and protocol though. Without a clear leader this was probably the way it would be.. or should someone step up as the party pooper and bring everyone to order again? He looked ad Corn with raised eyebrows. This could be the moment where the local Order's path would be chosen - or at least shaped.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I can't speak for Aurora , but as far as I am concerned you are a valued and contributing member of the order and not let any pen-pushing idiot convince you otherwise. I am pretty sure all those high and mighty that scolded me for not knowing who is a Neokoros in an order of five people - I guess ... two people ? - have done less than you did for the order in the past months.
    As for the position, I can't force it on you and ... we need to ask Aurora if such things existed here and if we want to keep them in case they did.
    "

And then, Aurora showed up. "Dadouche Aurora" Corn said with a smile. "I was informed about your advance when I was in San Diego. Congratulations and to ever-raising and ever-learning career. Neoko- I mean Magus Crystal that will soon be neokoros, asked me how people join in Sacramento, and Magus Belle had asked too. As the oldest Mystagogue around here, do you know if we have any nice tradition? Whether we do or not, do you think we need one, and if yes, what?
    Personally, I believe the new person should bring drinks and chips, tell us how he or she envisions the Mysterium and a few words about their personal path to knowledge.
    "

Belle was next. Corn returned her jovial greeting with one of his own.
    "Welcome, welcome! We were just discussing about you. How are you? The first order of business... well, I have things I need to discuss with Guru and the rest of the Order as I think I could bring a library in our Athenaum. But as he's not here, perhaps someone else has something to say? " He looked at Aurora and her notebook. He gets a notebook of his own out of a small bag.

14. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru was quite the opposite when it came to order and tradition, he had habits sure but he didn't believe in doing things a way because that's the way they'd always been done. Plus, well, he wasn't a formal member yet and hadn't been told what would be appropriate or not. Last time it was robes and so he came dressed in one that was suiting his style and personality. Add on to that he was carrying his messenger bag once more. He knocked on the door frame, feet wiping on the cold floor out of habit before he took a couple tentative steps in.

"Sorry I'm late, had to get some shit out of lockdown. You'll be wanting this Corn." He shifted the bag, sliding over his shoulder and holding it out in front of him, it sagged with some sort of weight inside of it. "So, uh, was my bribe good enough?" He couldn't help but smirk as his eyes instinctively flitted to Aurora and he couldn't help but have that grin turn playful. He stepped more confidently into the room so he could hand off the bag. That's when he noticed Belle, and he couldn't help but do a double take. That smile of his went wide and goofy as he threw up a peace sign with his other hand. "What's up, I'm Guru!"

16. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes look over the new girl as she walks in, noting the friendly presence around her. A smile was offered, “Hello,” greets the Shaman, “and I believe there are a few important matters to handle.” Looking to the others. They lost Campanella, they needed someone to lead them. And whatever went into that.

A smirk was offered to Crystal, they still needed to talk soon, “Hi Crystal! Good to see you too. Hope you’ve been good.” Then a shrug, “They’re coming, no new headway made, but a few new, ish, books have been acquired, so I expect progress soon.” If things worked out.

To Corn, “I’m afraid I can’t be of much help in that regard. When I joined a few years ago, it was just Campanella. He instructed me on the traditions and what to expect, and I sought out another Order in a different city. But I was a convert from another Order, so what I went through would be different. The Mysterium, at least since I’ve been a member, has always been small, and I haven’t observed very many traditions. Though I believe we should have them.” Except the robes. She wasn’t too keen on those. “If my education is correct, then traditionally, there are rituals for those seeking entrance. Those vary place by place, and usually include using our magic on some level.” Looking to those gathered, “But that is the tradition. If we wished to forgo tradition, then I’m not opposed, but I believe there should be some level of formality.” It only seemed right.

When he mentions a library, “I’ve been building a personal library for almost a year now. It mainly focuses on ancient languages, which I’ve been studying extensively. But I would be open to sharing the knowledge with everyone here.” It wasn’t anything special, but it was a start of something.

Eyes turn to the knock, and she was happy to see Guru. Though she was going to ask him where he got those robes. Cause, wow, yah. But they were him, she doubted anyone else could pull them off as he did.

The playful grin was returned, “Hi Guru, glad you could join us.” She could do this. She could totally do this.

18. Likes Aeolus, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle was hearing all kinds of good things: libraries, ancient languages, all that was up her alley. "Hey, if it means New Girl gets more book time, I'll be happy to contribute any way I can. I've been looking to brush up on my High Speech myself." It was one of the few things she'd always struggled to grasp in her magical studies, to her chagrin. Aurora mentions initiation, and she looks between her and Corn, who seemed to be the de-facto leaders here. "Whatever you guys have planned, I think I should be up for. Provided I get to see the fine print." ​She gives Crystal a wink between Warlocks.

So there wasn't just the four of them. She'd thought Corn's outfit in the Circle had been colorful, but Guru...she was lucky her Space training had pretty eliminated her sense of vertigo, because it was like looking at a kaleidoscope. And, wouldn't you know it, still good looking. "Belle; pleased to meet you Guru."
    Artifact

20. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread