Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Corn, well, he was, bright, today. That shirt, wow!

Accepting the bottle, she looks it over, “Thanks, that was really thoughtful.” Cause who thinks of other mages while on their honeymoon?

A nod to Belle, “I am.” That’s what she said. “Get started? As in you wish to join? Or started as in you’re already a member and looking to touch base?” there was a difference.

Looking to Corn and then back to Belle, “I suppose an entry fee varies city by city. And we are currently in a transition of sorts as our most senior member had to take leave. But I’m sure we can all get together and discuss things in private.” Cause she wasn’t sure how this was supposed to work now.

Spotting Winter, she offers a nod and smile. Was good to see him. She’d have to touch base with him as well and see how he’d been doing. Always good to have someone check on you here and there.

Back to Phoenyx, she shrugs, “Things have been,” a pause, “progressing in an interesting way. My study of ancient languages continues to grow, been quite exciting.” Well, to her it was. Being able to speak multiple languages was something she was enjoying.

“We know how it goes when I train for fighting, so I’ll just volunteer my services if someone gets hurt.” A wink.

2. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze enters the Circle with a happy, jaunty air to him. He's wearing black trousers and athletic shoes and a black leather jacket over a solid black cotton shirt.

"Oh, hey." He says by way of general greeting, nodding to the informal gathered mages. "Anything going on?" He asks. He doesn't seem to even notice the new Mage at least at first.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck was happy to see Corn and his bright Hawaiian shirt. It meant the Acanthus had no chance of being the loudest thing in the room. Apparently the honeymoon had been somewhere in the pacific. Which was neat. Also he was thinking about the other awakened. Which was interesting. Apparently he really cared for some of them, to be thinking of them during his big getaway.

Conversations of fighting and knives earned little more then a blink from Puck. He didn't know anything about the subject, nor did he feel the urge to learn. Besides, the Libtertine grew up with rifles and shotguns anyways. Should he mention that? Would that be a good thing to know? Hey look, Kaze's here!

"Wassup Kaze." He gives a chin up to the Obrimos before doing a second towards Belle. "Meet the new girl. Belle, Mysterium. Didn't catch a path though."

Or maybe he did and zoned out? Puck always had trouble with groups of people.

6. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Phoenyx 's question, Corn nodded "Oh, yes! We visited some Aztec ruins and some Early catholic missions. As I was there for relaxation after the stress of the wedding, I barely scratched the surface. I am now reading up on it. I was ... tempted to look for the ghosts in the ruins we visited - and that's generally a bad idea when one is in a region he doesn't know the mages and the ghosts and doubly bad idea when one's wife is not even aware that magic exists. The last thing I wanted was to draw attention to us. But, I am sure there are stories there.
    What I can tell you, is that the beaches are nice and you have a choice between pebble and sand for the beach. We preferred sand but many people set up their umbrellas in the pebble-covered ones. The ocean was warm and the sound of the waves relaxing. The bars were on the small side compared to what you would see in Los Angeles but they were more authentic. We didn't see any crime but we didn't stray from the areas that are recommended for the tourists."

To Belle he said "We are a very nice, friendly, neighborhood bookstore. We have a dedicated room, warm and inviting for people to read in peace or for groups to play board games. Recently, thank's to Kaze 's advice... Kaze is that guy there, " he said nodding towards Kaze, "we had a movie night where we showed two movies and had the books the movies are based on for sale. "

Spotting Aurora , Corn excused himself and approached her during a lul in her conversation with Phoenyx .
    "Dadouche Aurora, I have a personal question that hopefully falls under your expertise." He seemed a bit embarrassed and lowered his voice so that not everyone could hear him - hopefully.
    "My new wife and I decided to start a family. Maria's family has a history of down syndrome. Not that close to Maria, but enough to cause concern. There are ways I can use as a life apprentice that will increase the chances of conception and the chances the baby would be healthy - But I am a bit hesitant. Do you think there will be 'side-effects' if I do that? I don't want a proximus or a supernatural creature. I want a child. Well, several, but let's start with the one. I just want the baby to be healthy, Maria to conceive soon and the pregnancy to be safe. She is still a young woman, so our doctors told her to not bother with hormones and other treatments at the time and let nature take its course, but they did suggest we do tests for defects in our genetics and the state of the fetus.
    Would using magic create issues down the line, in the life of my children?
    "
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

An annoyed frown displays across the Obrimos' face at Dr. Frankenstein's ostensible disregard for standard rules of magical ethics. Something he would expect from a Ladder, or deep inside a Guardian even. Hypocrisy, right?

There's also the open display of some very private affairs concerning his marriage. Not that he would care but... YO get a side room if you wanna talk about private things.
    This meeting is public, people overhear.

And although Sleepers were to the Awakened like children to adults, you still owed them a modicum of display.
    Especially if you married one.

He turns his head toward Aurora, after Campanella, the Senior Mystagogue in the House. And he clears his throat.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

"Sweet! I'd love to have something to handle foes up close." Belle's grin in answer to Phoenyx's offer is unsettlingly gleeful.

"Get started here, I mean."
    She says to Aurora. "I've got a bit of a family history with the Mysterium, but right now I'm looking to do things with just me in mind." With nobody looking over my shoulder. "But yeah, just keep me posted on when the next meet-up is and I'll be there!"

She looks to Puck "Mastigos, sorry I missed that earlier. Not a lot of people like working with Warlocks." She looks to Crystal with a friendly wink. "Though I here somebody is giving the Mastigoi a good reputation in Sacramento." She sees Kaze and her eyes just about pop out of her skull. Okay, that's it! I'm officially in CW-Land. That guy has to be rocking something magical to look that hot. She shakes his hand, not quite blushing but still full of adrenaline from the whole experience of being in the Circle for the first time. "Hi Kaze, nice to meet you." There's no way this man is single...

She beams at Corn when he clarifies about the bookstore.
    "Well, this friendly neighborhood Warlock has just found herself a new hangout spot! I'll check it out as soon as I can. And let me know if you have any more movie nights! I'd love to stop by and make an evening out of it." It was good to know that people here weren't all ivory-tower thinkers, locked inside forever.

She thinks she hears a cough from somewhere, but maybe it's just one of the other Mages already assembled?

Artifact

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Interesting how?" Phoenyx asks Aurora. "Have you progressed from Latin yet? I was wondering if it would be difficult to grasp." There's a small smile. "I keep telling you I could teach you. BUt if that is what you want." Her language had the more formal lilt she usues when in the Circle.

The reaction of the Obrimos can map almost exactly as long as Corn talks. The history has her attentive. The ghosts she is still listening. By the time he is talking about beaches the Arrow has clearly lost interest. Fortunately he wanders over to talk to Aurora. His question, however, makes Phoenyx's eyebrows leap up. "Using the Life Arcarnum is like any alteration to the lie. It changes the target on a fundamental level to be something different for the duration of the spell. Changing your wife's fertility would not affect the baby. This is not like chemical treatments or genetics." The Arrow clearly had no issue discussing the topic. Of course.... "You have always been very... open, about your family and your actions with them, Corn. It might be best if you were more discrete about these topics, especially as long as your wife remains a sleeper. I would hope no-one here wishes you ill, but it seems incautious." She drops the thought with all the tact of a nucleur blast, no particular weight to her words. Simply stating facts.

Far from being unnerved, the Arrow actually returns Belle's keen smile. "I am sure you can find something suitable. Not many people take an interest in armed combat. Have you practiced before?" Perhaps she could have a proper sparring partner finally.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

14. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, she waves to Kaze, “Hey.”

Looking to Corn, a personal question?

“Sure, what’s up?” curious as to what it could be. Most personal things were best handled in private, but it must not be too personal.

Then the color drained from her face. Was he serious? Wow…he was serious.

“I’m not sure this is a conversation you want to be having here,” She begins, knowing there was no secrets in the Circle, “seems more like a private conversation.” But if he wants to do this, and not like everyone didn’t already overhear.

“If you want my honest thoughts and opinions on it, here and now, I will provide them, though I don’t think they’re what you want to hear.”
    She begins, “But some conversations are best behind closed doors. Especially when it comes to the ethics of playing God.” Because, in a way, he would be, and an edge entered into her voice. “Though to be honest, I’m curious how a child born with down syndrome isn’t healthy?” it’s still a child, living and breathing.

Ball was in his court. Continue the talk here and now, or somewhere else, and private.

And seemed Phoenyx was…ok…with this?! Seriously?

“Far be it from me to tell someone how to live their lives, but it seems like doing such a thing puts you in a difficult position.” Looking back to Corn, “What if you cast the spell and the fetus does in deed have down syndrome? What is your plan then? The Life Ararnum can also take that life away, putting your wife through having to live with the loss. Have you thought about that?” she was pro choice and all that. But when it came to a Sleeper, you were fucking with Fate. “There are factors at play here that need careful consideration.” Very careful.

They each had the power at their finger tips to play God. To grant life and to take it away. This was where a line is drawn. When does it get crossed? What is right and what is wrong?

16. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh hey! Yeah, Kaze, Obrimos, Apostate." Kaze says, smiling as he is introduced to Belle. He casually waves back to Puck and Aurora as they return his general greeting. He's grinning at the enthusiasm of Belle's greeting and then pauses for just a second when she goes for the handshake, but instantly seems to decide to go for it and takes her offered hand, shaking it gently but firmly. Belle definitely gets a sense he's being careful with his grip

"So, 'Belle' sounds, kinda study hallish?" He asks.

He doesn't seem to be paying attention to the conversation about using magic on a pregnant Sleeper, at least he doesn't seem to want to be part of it.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

18. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Phoenyx 's insight on how life would affect his wife not himself he raised an eyebrow, with a confused expression before he realized he hadn't explained that.
    "I would not cast anything on my wife. I would boost my fertility to increase our chances. Not that I have any problems, of course!" He was quick to add, not exactly sure why. Not that as an apprentice of Life I could boost her fertility even if I wanted to try. He thought.
    Then came the warning about his family becoming a target and it made him pause. He clearly hadn't considered that. "You mean, ... but we're all allies here. In case something happens to me, I would like to know that my peers know how much I value Maria. If Banishers, Seers, ghosts or monsters come after me, I have my magic. She knows... nothing. We laugh at the existence of such things. " The subject seems to make him uncomfortable and he drops it quickly, focusing on what Aurora had to say.

A very well thought answer.
    "It seems you bring just the perspective I was missing, Daduche." He said with respect. "I clearly have not thought about the various implications, which is why I was asking. I have not made any decisions. Two things you said resonate strongly with me though; this is a private discussion and... the ethics of playing God. Religion aside, as I am religious, being consumed by pride leads to hubris and a downfall.
    The Ethical implications you speak of are very important, doubly so for a mage. Thank you for your insight.
    "
    He sighed.
    "What this place misses, is a priest that is a mage. Or at least a theologian. I guess your studies in all those Languages bring you into contact with various religious texts and that keeps you grounded. I admire you for that clarity."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

20. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread