Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
PrP TRoS The Mother of Grendel

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Bingo. A set of coordinates, 38.455665, -121.502293.
    Freeport Bridge.

And with that, Edward turned his attention to Jennifer speaking to the group in time to hear, "...before the recorded emergence of the Rotgraften bloodline."

Edward interjected at Jennifer's boat-pause, "excuse my interruption, Priscus. I feel it pertinent to note that I have located the boat." Edward pointed on one of the maps, "Freeport bridge."

Edward then sat in silence, listening carefully until thoughts were requested. The Closet was more than a little interesting, but he wasn't about to ask after its history now.

"I believe it wise to relocate the remainder to the Farm and to stage an assault on the boat immediately. It is to my thinking, unlikely that they would abandon their vessel."

"If you regard this idea as meritious, perhaps Mr. Northbridge should accompany you, Priscus?" For the semi-obvious reason that he was probably the least suited for direct combat.

2. Likes Scourge, Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Ah, forgive my rudeness, Good Evening Priscus, Mr. Northbridge, Dirt Nap, and Mr. Heinrich." The Haunt starts, realizing he had forgotten pleasantries in favor of relaying information. "Knowing they share the Mekhet's weakness does us no good then. Wouldn't do us any good to throw Molotovs if it forces us all to run." He gives Edward a shallow nod. "I agree with Mr. Heinrich. As far as they know, they've lost us. A frontal assault would be unexpected, and may give us the upper hand when it comes to apprehending the Rotgraften. Unless you are wanting to see this through to the end, Priscus, perhaps you and Mr. Northbridge should be the ones moving the prisoner. Dirt Nap, Mr. Heinrich, and I are all martially capable, I'm sure." He glances to his cousin Addy, who has yet to say a word.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton listens closely as Jennifer gives a rough outline of the Rotgraften bloodline, fascinated by details of distant cousins, but aware that their goal here is pragmatic. In other words, his curiosity is not an end in itself. Rather, it is a means to their ultimate goal: apprehending the raiders and dealing with them as appropriate.

Contact Mable? "Of course, Priscus," he replies, stepping away and pulling his phone from his pocket. He locates Mable's number in his contacts and initiates the call.

While the phone rings, he keeps one ear on the conversation. At the mention of him accompanying Jennifer to deposit their prisoner, he offers the Priscus of Haunts a nod, indicating he would be open to that plan of action. The Lord knows his limitations and is not offended at the intimation that he would not be useful in a combat situation.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

6. Likes Scourge, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently, unmoving, staring directly at the Lady Hazelton as she speaks as if he is memorizing every word, which in fact he is.

After the others have spoken, more than one treating Jenna like she's no good in a fight and talking about how good others are, when as far as he knows, none of them have actually had any real way of knowing.

"Well, we had our chance to fight 'em if that's what we wanted to do, and we didn't. They're a cagey bunch, that much I know. Spotted me without no great trouble, with me a bird in a tree in a forest. I won't put too much Faith in improving our odds by catching them by surprise." Dirt Nap says thoughtfully.

"Mable, Lady Wood can fight like hell. 's long as we're calling her up, I'd invite her along too, if it was me." He says.

"Maybe we should take a volunteer and Mister Addy there to take the body to the closet." Dirt Nap adds.

He looks at Jennifer Hazelton with some warmth and respect. "No offense, but I ain't never been in an actual fight with any of you, 'cept the Lady Hazelton here. I'd sooner trust her judgement and have her at my back in a fight than anyone, if you don't mind my saying." He addresses her in a tone of respect.

8. Likes , liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I thank you for your confidence in my ability, Dirt Nap." She was touched. It was thoughtful if the Gangrel. It spoke to his loyalty. Once again, she was reminded of how she values the friendship.

" You are correct, Mr. O'Brien. However, one could make use of the weakness if one utilized a resource at our disposal: ghouls.

I believe that those of you skilled in martial ability should move to intercept the boat. Reclaim Martha. The property, if you can.
    I would recommend a call to Archon Twist. Geir is quite formidable, and I imagine Erle is just as dangerous as her son. I am glad to make the call, if you wish.

I will take The Prisoner to the closet, with Mr. Northbridge and my associate. I will report to the Farm presently once I am assured that the Rotgraften cannot take Mr. Dane."

Jennifer picked up the phone and places a call to someone in her orchestra. Specifically, an ally in the field of academia. She requested information on the history of Vikings in Sacramento, and if there were any local sites that would appeal to Vikings. For research purposes...
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer's contact seems confused for a couple moments, asking if she means the youth football team before it her meaning clicks.

"I'm willing to help however I can," Addy responds to Connor before he nods and begins preparing to move the prisoner as Hazelton delineates teams.

And still the minutes for action tick down. Making calls, moving bodies, even just getting to the farm. The night will be as good as a third gone by the time the reach the boat. And that's if they leave now.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward returns Connor's nod. Dirt Nap gives his vote of confidence to Jennifer, which was fair. Edward was well aware that his decision-making process was nothing grander than stereotyping.

"Please do make the call, Priscus Hazelton." She had rank and had already taken command, so it made sense.

As all were in agreement, he rose, taking his laptop with him. He gave a short bow to Jennifer, "thank you for your hospitality, Priscus Hazelton."

And then briefly addresses the group before leaving, "if there are any who require transportation to the Farm, please follow me."

With that, unless stopped, Edward departs.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Forgive me, I was not questioning her Ladyship's martial prowess, simply her need to be put herself in direct danger in the first place. She is, after all, Priscus of Nosferatu... I simply mean that while I am currently expendable, she is not." The Haunt says in response to Dirt Nap.

He then turns his attention back to Jennifer. "If we have the necessary items to use their weakness against them, then perhaps we should utilize a ghoul or two to assist us, as you say Priscus." He looks at the time on his phone. "But as of right now, we should make haste to our destinations, the longer we have to prepare, the better."

He looks to Mr. Heinrich. "I could use assistance getting to the Farm, my car is back at the hotel where I met up with you all."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton hangs up the phone and rejoins the group proper, though he has been keeping one ear on the proceedings throughout.

"Ms. Wood has been notified. I provided her the best summary possible, given the...unsecured mode of communication. I also let her know that I would keep her updated on our movements." To Edward, as it seems he would be providing transportation: "Will you be heading to the farm directly, or stopping at the boat first?" The more information he has on their itinerary, the more specific he can be when alerting Mable.

A pause as he processes their fast-solidifying plans: "I'm glad to accompany Priscus Hazelton to secure our guest. I am also willing to travel with her to the farm. Martially, I do not have much to offer, save for a limited facility with fire arms. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a weapon. If one of you might arm me, I could at least provide covering fire...should it come to that." Other than these last few concerns, Milton is clearly ready to depart.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently, nodding when the Lady Hazelton expresses her appreciation of his confidence in her.

"Nothing but the truth, Ma'am." He says, "A cool head and willing hands are worth more to me in a fight than all the fierceness anyone could have. Trusting you to see it through is gold to me."

He nods to Mister OBrien and says, "I can understand that. Nothing to forgive on my end. Just making it clear where I stand."

He nods at Edward's offer. "Much obliged Mister Heinrich. I'll make my own way and pick up a long gun I have stashed on the way."

He nods to Mister Northbridge. "Your welcome to use it if you've a mind to, Mister Northbridge."

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread