Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dinner out Ten Ten Room

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"As you should be." Jennifer returns the grin.
    "I have watched the various Die Hard films. I like the pacing and the character work. I like well thought out characters. No one is a furniture set, jus out of sight until its needed to be useful. I consider those a holiday classic, as I used to watch them," A pause. Jennifer could converse so easily with him that she nearly forgot her domain awareness. "- every holiday. The Princess Bride when it is on as well. What about you? Do you have a favorite movie trilogy that you return to often?"
    "I imagine that you had to have a lot of patience. Discipline." Jennifer mused. She wondered if it was a bit like studying her Invictus history, which could get bogged with inaccuracies or conflicting reports. She imagined it wasn't quite the same. She seldom undertook artistic expression. Hence her interest in art only blooming when she had others to discuss the art with.
    "A large part is that I am interested in learning about the culture. I am sure that I would be intriqued in having more context of the history. I am sure that there is a lot we could talk about."

"I always wonder why Americans do not learn more languages when we are young. One of my teachers spent her childhood in Europe. She learned a great many languages very young and occasionally spoke in German or French. I admit, I bought a few books to converse with her. Yet so much of our time was spent on the subject of my study, we didn't have much time for language...
    I wonder, where did your interest in the Romance languages come from? I know that Latin is a wonderful language. Useful, I would imagine.
    Now I am wondering what languages one would speak in Egypt."

She was curious if one of her allies would be interested in learning the language of her ancesters. Although Jennifer realized she was sounding rather ethnocentric and winced for a moment, before smoothing her expression out. She resisted the urge to check on the language question with her phone. She prefered to be present in the moment.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens, apparently fascinated, smiling broadly as Jennifer speaks.

"Huh. Well, I think we should just try a bunch of different ones, like in the theaters. Or do you like it better at home, on a big flat screen?" He asks.

"Matrix. Totally my fave." He says. "I know kung fu." Grinning.

"Yeah. I guess discipline is a thing." He agrees.

"My favorite part of languages is getting to speak or read it with you know, native speakers. Languages that are only for study with no one left who speaks it like they did...are harder for me." He says. "Honestly, I tend to learn languages that people around me, like in the neighborhood speak."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer looks to him for a beat, marking the broad smile. She finds herself mirroring the smile.

" I would like it better at home, I imagine. Most things I like to focus on, I enjoy at home.

Ah, do you like the physicality of the Matrix? There's definitely enough.

Although I swear, I've heard ' you know kung fu' somewhere. Someone replied ' I know everything' to that line. I remember thinking it was so ridiculous for a thirty year old man to claim that he knew everything. Everything in North American history, maybe, but I imagine that the East has many more types of martial arts.
    What do you think? Do you know of more obscure fighting styles than Kung Fu?"

She is curious on the subject, if a little incredulous at the audacity of the man in the film. The man that she can't recall the name of, or even the film.

"That's important, speaking the language with native speakers. I think that it is important to gain new perspectives from people around you.
    I think it would be fascinating to get others' opinion on broad topics.

Have you met many people who speak more than one language in your social circle?
    I have been considering learning American Sign Language. I'm not sure where I would find the Deaf community. I don't see many Deaf or possible hard of hearing around in my circles."

Jennifer flags down the waiter, putting in an order for the steak fritters and iced tea, and a grasshopper. She was determined to find an adult drink that she liked enough to have as a signature. She looks over her date, curious what he would be ordering.
    She does discreetly glance at the waiter to see if her Cursed voice has put him off. He looks just as surprised as most mortals. Yet not in a troubling way.

"I imagine that you have to be happy that you're able to practice your craft on set." She proposed.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins at Jennifer's sharing her thoughts and opinions on home theaters and the Matrix movies!

"Yeah, I can see that, home theatres are cool. I don't have a real one, just a tv on the wall, no surround sound speakers or anything, but it's cool being able to watch at home. I gotta admit tho, I like seeing movies in the theaters, out with other people. It's just so cool when everyone reacts to something in a movie, like when it's a really powerful moment. That kinda inspires me." He says.

"Oh yeah, the physicality is a big deal for me. I really got into kung fu after seeing the movies. I mean, I didn't really thing about it at the time, but I feel like I pushed to really master the art because of how seeing it affected me, more than, you know, to be really good at hitting people."

He smiles at Jennifer's feelings on language and culture. "Yeah. Like, learning a language is cool, but it really makes it feel real if you can hang out in an ethnic neighborhood and like a restaurant or a bar or something and like synch up with the vibe." He agrees.

"I'm pretty sure a lot of the people I know can speak other languages, but none of them have around me so far." Kaze says thoughtfully.

"Oh yeah, I am super stoked about it. I'm going to be out of town a lot tho. I am going to try to be back on some weekends tho."

Kaze orders a Delta King.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I've never really experienced it in a movie theater. Do you know of any good new releases? Perhaps we can experience that together. It could be a good idea to bring a friend.
    What did you think of the people you met at our last get together?

Does Alice enjoy movies at the theater? Or the other Chris? I may invite my friend... If you didn't mind her inclusion.
    "Do you enjoy the Kung Fu? It seems silly, you must in order to continue the practice. What do you like about it?"
    Jennifer acknowledged her first question seems silly, and moved on.

Jennifer considered what he said about language and culture. Syncing the vibe. She has become rather selective on when she goes out to speak with people. Some sensed that Beast in her, expressed through her Cursed voice. Like Gerrit had seemed to.
    " That's very interesting. Are you able to do that where you live?"

Jennifer hears what he said on being out of town a lot. That would mean seeing each other less.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins at Jennifer's being open to a movie in the theater. "Hey, how about we start off with kind of a compromise? 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings' is showing at the Sacramento 6 Drive In." He suggests. "That we we're out there, but still like in our own space, in a car. You can bring your security too. It's the latest Marvel film, so totally should be easy to get into without having seen anything else--which would be totally cool tho, a Marvel marathon sometime--so, yeah. What do you think?" He asks.

"Alice...is more of a doer than a watcher. I feel like she got bored watching John Wick that one time. She's totally into, like, individual sports. Like doing Parkour around town and stuff." Kaze explains.

"Oh, yeah. I mean, I check out restaurants and stuff all over Sacramento." Kaze says with a grin. "Honestly, I like to eat. A lot. I work out a lot to keep in shape, and I don't, like, really cook, so I eat out a lot."

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

" 'Shang - Chi and the Ten Rings' at the Sacramento Drive in sounds like a good time. I'm looking forward to it." Jennifer smiles. "I thank you for thinking of my security. He'll be fine on his own. I am just being careful."
    Poachers in town made her very careful, especially given Geir's strength. She would be with someone who wouldn't interest Geir and somewhere where they would have no interest in visiting.

"Parkour? That sounds intense." Definitely physical.
    "I will definitely be interested in checking out restaurants. This one isn't too bad." She smiles at the waiter as their meals are brought. Jennifer looks over her steak fritters - about what she expected!
    "Definitely a fun finger food."
    Jennifer tried some of the steak fritters. Not too bad! The reviews of this place made sense.
    "Steak is definitely good."

"Not something I miss, working out..." She grins. "Although it definitely is important. I have even started researching some self defense as part of my newfound paranoia. I'm glad that we are able to get together. Seems like ages since we talked."

ooc

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Cool." Kaze smiles as Jenna agrees to the drive in show. Alone.

"Yeah, it is. I want to learn it too, but there's so much, I just haven't got around to it!" Kaze says with a grin!

"Oh yeah?" Kaze asks, interested when Jenna mentions starting self defense. "That's cool. What style?"

I totally forgot that you actually started this scene! LOL! Thank you for the awesome scene!

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer grins at his grin. She loved the enthusiasm. "I wish there was time to learn everything." Jennifer admitted, wondering if he felt the same.

"For some reason, I keep watching videos on Aikido and throwing weapons. I tell myself it likely won't be practical, yet something is appealing to me about it." Jennifer admits. "I know that one of my family members is good with his hands, so I might see if he will teach me that. I don't have much practice with anything physical like that, so I don't know if I will be good at any of it."

Likely she wouldn't be, knowing her lack of any physical prowess in life. Perhaps the pride that the Beast drove in her could find some competitive spirit?

The two talk for a bit over dinner and set up plans for the drive in...

Thanks for the scene! I enjoyed it a great deal, like always

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread