Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap arrives on time dressed in clean, functional working man's clothes though they and he are both clean and washed, obviously not having come straight from a work site. He has on denim carpenter jeans and a calico work shirt buttoned up and knocks lightly on the meeting room door under The Nox.

2. Likes aliaro liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Inside, Twist looked up at the knock from the papers she held lightly in one hand. She had arrived earlier with the intent to touch base with those managing the club upstairs and subsequently found work to keep her occupied until Dirt Nap's arrival. Setting the papers aside and brushing invisible lint from her outfit, she called out an easy "Come in."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

4. Likes aliaro, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap enters as he's bid.

"Ma'am. Your Grace." He says, entering and closing the door behind him, but standing by it, not presuming he's been invited to sit, because he hasn't.

"I thank you for seeing me, Your Grace. I had to tell you, I am the Grand Wyrm now. Priscus Durant is not on the Ordo Dracul any longer. The letter she had me send, announcing it when she accepted the job...isn't right anymore." He says slowly and softly.

"This time around, I got the rank to steady things out a bit. I am Grand Wyrm, even if someone else shows up, like happened before, and I don't intend to leave again, neither."

He is silent and then says abruptly. "That was it. I believed I needed to tell you face to face, since I sent a letter last time, and now that's not right."

As he speaks, it seems almost as if Dirt Nap is literally in a shadow, a trick of the light, like his Mask isn't just hiding his Beast, but like the whole man is someone less remarkable, less noticeable and less memorable.

6. Likes , aliaro liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A genuine smile as Dirt Nap entered the room. They had crossed paths enough in Court and outside of it that Twist felt as though she did actually like the man.

"Please, sit..." she motioned to one of the seats in the room even as she relaxed into her own.

Letter. What letter? Had he, apparently on orders of Quinn, sent her one? She thought she could recall receiving one now that she focused. But that was about the extent of it. Well, it seemed either way it didn't matter now.

"Congratulations!" Becoming Grand Wyrm was a good thing wasn't it? She couldn't recall if Asa or Ishani had ever told her. Surely it was. Why would being a covenant leader not be? "I hope that the departure of Priscus Durant was not due to anything depressing."

A small chuckle, "And I am sure that I speak for the domain when I say that it is good to hear of your commitment to staying."

8. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap takes a seat as offered and nods at her words of congratulations.

"Thank you, Your Grace." He says.

"As to Priscus Durant's feelings on it, I couldn't rightly say, Your Grace. Only meaning, I don't believe I am much good for telling what peoples' feelings are on a matter. Possibly not even mine."

He is silent for a long moment and then says abruptly, "It seems to me like she feels set free of something, so I suppose that's a happy thing."

"Me now...I feel a bit of a load, a responsibility, but also an opportunity to do things the right way. Well, my way anyways. If I am able to do it, the Dragons will be a bit more low key and out of the spotlight than maybe they were before in these parts."

He chuckles softly. "It's supposed to be a secret order, more or less, after all."

Dirt Nap looks to the Archon. "I'm ready to answer the call if I am needed for any Domain business though."

10. Likes aliaro, liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small chuckle, a lifting of her hand as she conceded the point on telling of other's feeling.

"That is indeed a luxury with being the leader in anything." She didn't touch on his comment about right way versus his way. Not only did she know little of what the difference would be in the Dragons, she was distracted with the thought of the Dragons being in Sacramento's spotlight. He implied they had been and she was trying to remember if that was true.

In truth, she wasn't as connected with the social currents of Court as perhaps the Daeva Priscus should be. But even so, it seemed that of late it was Clan associations that drove what drama she was aware of. Well, if it pleased him to draw his covenant deeper into quiet, she wouldn't argue. Not only was it his call as he noted, it did little harm to her own covenant's plans.

"Is it?" The question came out before she could stop it. She knew the Dragons held their secrets close, but the entire covenant? Secret? That was interesting.

Again a chuckle, "I doubt that that was ever in question."

12. Likes aliaro, , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods thoughtfully and says, "In it's history, the Ordo Dracul was not accepted by other Covenants, and was persecuted, even stamped out when it could be done. Scientific methods were heresy with the world, kine and Kindred." He explains.

"In this Domain, when I got here, the Grand Wyrm, Moretti just used the Covenant to build up political power, using the absolutely obedience of the Covenant to put Dragons into political positions and build up her own base however she could, tearing down others who weren't Dragons to open up vacancies. It was wrong. That obedience is there for the more advanced to bring along the less in their studies. Ultimate loyalty across the boards in the Dragons is supposed to be to our studies."

Dirt Nap pauses and takes a breath and lets it out in a sigh. "I am sorry, Your Grace, for bending your ear on my own personal take on things. My students will have to put up with it, but that's no reason to be subjecting you to my speechifying."

14. Likes aliaro liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

”Ah- yes, I can see that happening in cities.” Twist said with an understanding nod. Not Sacramento. Despite appearances, things weren’t run that way.

There was that one time years ago that a covenant has in fact been forbidden from the city but that was due to other factors, not covenant beliefs. And wasn’t the case today.

But there was a reason why she was in Sacramento today. And it wasn’t because the city had a great recruiting bureau.

Political power. Absolute obedience. Ultimate loyalty.

Those were strong phrases. And despite Dirt Nap’s proclamation to take the Sacramento Dragons into obscurity, revealing ones. But she felt it would be rude to point it out.

So instead she smiled, waving away his apology.

”There is no need to apologize. I did not mind listening. I definitely wish you luck with your endeavors in your covenant but I have no doubt that you do not need it.”

Absolute obedience. Ultimate loyalty.

It sounded as if the other members of his covenant would have no choice. Either follow the ways Dirt Nap laid out or … well, Kindred would be Kindred.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, staring as the Lady Twist is speaking.

He nods again when she finishes.

"Thank you, Ma'am. Your Grace. I've been told I do seem to apologize overly at times." He says.

He chuckles softly. "I almost apologized for it just now in fact."

"I do thank you for your time, Your Grace. I am taking the whole responsibility for the Covenant now, and right off needed to correct what I sent out in the letter as being old news and not the facts anymore. That was the only actual business I had."

Really enjoying the scene! Good to close though if you want.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

I am going to go ahead and close the scene cause were out of days! Thanks for the fun scene!

Closed Thread