Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 37
DISPLAYED
PrP Tunnel Trip: 2nd Tour

Jul 16, 2021 : (PrP) Tunnel Trip Telegraph
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam nods briefly in response to Circe. "Alright, deal. Drinks and dessert are on this Ogre!" Even if Circe was joking, a little celebration wouldn't hurt after their accomplishments here.

Liam brushes off dust and debris as the last of the concrete is poured. "Ah, so more Thanksgiving than Halloween. I like it." He looks over at Cassandra with genuine surprise. "You play an instrument? That's amazing! What do you play?" Music was one of those things that certainly delighted the Ogre, but he'd never personally wrapped his head around the artistry of it. For those who could, he admired them.

He looks down towards the gallery and the other, untraveled tunnel. "I'd certainly be up for some more exploring. Maybe we'll find something a bit less smelly and a bit more useful down that way." ​Even the garbage they'd found had contributed towards a temporary bridge. Perhaps there was more that could be salvaged or repurposed?
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

2. Likes Origins liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Good to know," Cassandra says, "And yeah, killing it with some bleach could certainly be helpful."

"Well, whatever occurs, I'm looking forward to seeing what he does. These coronations have felt more lively as of late." And, of course, she has their own coronation to work on so she can blow them all out of the water. The competitive nature in her. "And I did love your touch of the wishing fire, Sera. It was quite brilliant. Very Spring. I'll try to bring spare clothing for Summer next time, me thinks. Just in case. The throwing of food did look fun."

"Oh, yeah. I play the cello with the symphony." It's weird having to say that, just generally because most people know. Then again, the people who know were there to see her play at the Autumn coronation as well as the Winter coronation. "I'm also an instrument crafter as well, so if you play an instrument and are looking for something more substantial, I could help out," she says it to Liam, but she does mean it for everyone.

"If you are already to explore, I'm ready to navigate." The fairest takes out her map again and gets ready to start taking notes.

1 success

4. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Narration:
    Continuing down the tunnel, the explorers easily note two things. First, the stains on the wall are getting lower. Second, there is a slight decline. It takes roughly 40 feet before the stains stop, at a line of cinder blocks. The blocks are just there, nothing else present.

There is no sign that they once held something or were once part of something with the tunnel. They may have been placed by those abandoning the tunnels at the end of Prohibition out of boredom. Shame, since it looks like there are old drains along the tunnel just past the cinder blocks. Said blocks bare the same discoloration as the stone, having been an unintentional dam.

Circe:
    "Please try not ta Liam," Circe says dryly, "I know it is a thing with sushi, but cake is best eaten off a plate, not a person, oh ho ho ho!" The lack of stench was bringing her humor back.

"At this point, I'm tempted to just get a water cannon fer the bleach," she suggests in jest.

"Cass is amongst our crafty courtier clique," Circe titters out, "We're such a creative Freehold, making things that just clique together."

As for the concrete blocks and old drains? That gets a huff from Circe as she puts her hands on her hips, "Cazzo sul serio? Proprio lì? That just ain't fair," Circe steps over the blocks to examine the probable drains.

Yup, light shows they're drains and not blocked. "Well, we move the blocks and this helps with the power washing."

Just lifting things up and putting them down.

No the cinder blocks are not a insurmountable line of stones, just a possible narrative end point, what with 3 days left. Lifting things up and putting them down isn't a roll, just narrative grunt work.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A quick nod to Circe, “It does. It’s why you will find it in a lot of lotions for babies, in tons of candles and well, just all over the place.” She was surprised the Summer wasn’t aware. But, maybe it wasn’t important information.

On one hand she wonders why people always ask her what to get Rhodes. On the other hand, she gets it. Wife and all that. “You always give the best gifts Circe, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.” She assures her.

“Looks good!” she praises everyone. “Will we have to monitor it? Like, will it need to be fixed every few months or something?” would be good to know.

“Sure, I’m down for some more exploring.” Nodding to both Circe and Liam. Letting Cassandra answer about her instrument.

From her eyes, she was beaming, “Thank you Cassandra! We’d done something similar before, and it just seems to embrace the meaning of the Season.” At least in her mind. “But Winter really went above and beyond last year, cannot wait to see what you all do this year.” It had been elegant, yet welcoming.

Walking up behind Circe, she nods as instructions were given about the cinder blocks. And without word, sets to work moving what she could. She wasn’t the strongest, but she was putting the effort in.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam shrugs to Cass. "I haven't picked up an instrument in years. But I was in choir for two years in college. Back There I used to sing the trees to sleep." It was one of his few pleasant memories, if bittersweet, of Arcadia.

Liam thinks a bit on Sera's mention of lavender in baby lotion. I wonder if my skin would react to lotion? ​He looks over his barkskin arms, contemplating the effects of lavender-scented lotion on bark. He just barely hears Circe's joke. "Oh, it's fine. I once had a nest built in my hair; took me ages to get the bird-poop smell out of my..." The sudden realization that he was talking about bird poop in front of the ladies snaps him to attention "I mean, right! Of course! No cake...I mean no sushi...I mean...cake later, on plates." Liam shakes his head, channeling his frustration into moving cinderblocks.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Circe refers to Cassandra as being part of their little crafter clique and suddenly she feels an odd sense of connection. It's weird. Really weird. She's with people she has a good amount in common with, even though both Circe and Seraphina are of completely different courts. "We could practically form a guild at this point," she adds in.

A slight pinkish hue finds its way to Cassandra's cheeks at Sera's compliment. She really had worked hard on that coronation, every detail of it. And she can't help but think then that John and Gerrit sure as hell are lucky to have her. "Well, thank you. It was a lot of work, but my courtmates are amazing. We all worked together to make it work." Well, mostly. "This year will hopefully be just as special." She had more than a few ideas and their court meeting would be coming up soon.

"Your voice is an instrument," Cassandra replies in a sweet melodic tone, "We've got a few singers in the Freehold actually. Getting close to being able to just form a Freehold choir, honestly." She doesn't know what to say to 'I used to sing to trees'. Then again, she sings at dirt to solidify rituals for warding, so who is she to judge?

They reach the wall of cinderblocks and Cassandra sighs a little. Of course. One more thing. No, this is fine. They've already got so much to work on, they're getting there. One at a time, even though her strength is barely average, she picks up and moves the cinderblocks. She's suddenly very thankful for her archery lessons and the strength she has built in her arms.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe:
    "Ya know it," is her response to praise of her gifts, "Let me know if ya need pointers on using the matching gifts," Circe makes a finger gun as she says this to Seraphina.

Liam's response to her jest gives Circe a happy moment. She laughs at Cassandra's suggestion, "Well I won't be in charge of that guild. I gots enough paperwork already."

The Summer Fairest had little to contribute to musical matters. So, she'd focus on the exploration and cleaning.

Narration:
    The Lost are able to clean up much of the filth, thanks to the decline and drains they have discovered. Moving the cinderblocks is simply a matter that they lift things up and put them down.

Then spraying down the tunnels. Save that they only had enough to go away from the gallery. So, a little more cleaning is needed. Yet, the source, stench, and majority of filth is now gone thanks to Cassandra, Liam, Seraphina, and Circe's hard work.

The tunnel itself? Yeah, that kept going for a while and the Lost were getting hungry. Time for cake and beer.

End scene. Excellent work everyone! I had actually thought of going for some kind of ROUS, but the only RAW for that was Spirits, so nah LOL. Thank you folks!
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes Orianna, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread