Ended
Watch

Attempting to form a Cabal II

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jul 20, 2021 : Attempting to form a Cabal
Attempting to form a Cabal III
Sep 22, 2021 - Sep 29, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Continuing here. Modechai is up!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai let the conversation carry on around him without much input. He felt like everything was pretty much settled on the "theoretical" part and now they were moving into the practical.

Crystal brought up the possibility of a shared sanctum. "That is a fair point." he said thoughtfully. "I think a place of safety that we can each use as a retreat and base of power is appealing. I am onboard with contributing to that. To be upfront about a potential downside. I do have a personal project on the go, one that I have been pursuing since I arrived. I finally have all my ducks lined up and it's about to come to fruition. It comes with a large investment of my resources. So I may need to spend some time recouping before I can contribute anything substantial. But it will come. If that is the path we agree on.

Mordechai nodded toward Guru in understanding of his points.

"sure, I will have a look. he said to Kaze regarding the papers.

4. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal took the papers Kaze offered with a smile. "You are really going all out on this, huh?" He briefly skimmed the pages, his smile faltering a bit. With a territorial claim this certainly became much more politically serious. "I don't think I have any preference on location - I mean our interests are varied enough that no area would do everyone justice anyway. Downtown comes with the advantage of being central and with no other Cabals here to contest our claim it's up for grabs. What are your thoughts on that?" Because if they talked the talk they should be ready to walk the walk.

Eulogy's caveat was met with a cock of the head and a smile. "Hey, don't worry about that - once we've found a place we can build it up as quickly or slowly as we like. The good thing about how peaceful things have been lately is that we're not in any rush to.. 'get our ducks in a row'." God, he loved the way the Moros talked.
    So they were making good progress - maybe it was time to dig into that lasagna to keep their blood sugar level up. "Hey Kaze, where do you want us to set up to eat? Wanna set the table in the living room together?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, what project might that be? Going to see a substantial return on investment? I wouldn't worry too much about money, though most of my funds are going into acquiring precious metals. Think Corn's right, going to be easier to purify the gold than anything else." He shook his head and his hands literally batted those thoughts out of the air, trying to keep them from invading his mind.

"Sorry, not relevant. You guys are thinking about this all wrong." He tapped his finger on the papers and shook his head. "Not where. What. What are we building? What resonance should it have, where should it align. I'm talking about a place of power not a building. I don't give a fuck if I have to build our living space if it's worth having." He tapped the papers again and slid back away from them. "We can't count on peace to last either, it has to be defendable by just us if possible."

He snapped his fingers and shifted to the lasagna, beginning to rummage around through the usual spots silverware might be until he found as close to a suitable knife he could to begin cutting the lasagna for serving. "Good call, I'll cut and serve if others wanna set."

8. Likes Ruach, , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and looks interested when Eulogy says he's got an investment in the works. "Cool." He says encouragingly.

He nods thoughtfully when Crystal suggests downtown for a territory.

Then when Guru says it should be about power, he nods again, "You mean, like where leylines run? Like using Paths of Power and finding a really strong Hallow?" He asks. "I mean, sure, that's the first reason I got this condo; the Hallow with the really chill, calm I mean, resonance."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai nodded at Crystal's words of understanding. He offered a pleasant smile. "That is very true. It won't take me long to recover my assets. I might not even notice a deficiency."

In answer to Guru, Mordechai beamed a large smile. "Oh I am very excited. I have been looking for a place to setup my business, I believe I have finally found the perfect location. I don't want to spoil it so I won't say too much now but when everything is finalized I will let you all know." The Moros focused on the purification of gold with a professional interest. "Are you and Corn up to something I would be interested in? I do focus my study on entropy but I have a passive interest in the ruling side of my path."

Guru brought up harnessing a place of power, and being able to defend it. Eulogy's eyes stared off into the distance as if lost in thought. Finally he took a breath and nodded. I did think something similar, a small dark thought in the back of my mind, a little seed of worry that once others find out what we are planning, things may not be as safe as we would hope. Jealousy can be problematic.[/color] He paused in thought then continued. "That is nothing but an insecurity and I don't intend to dwell on it."

He stood and followed and waited his turn to take part in the fancy lasagne. Absently he answered the conversation regarding location and attunement. With a nod to acknowledge Kaze's statement Mordechai said "This is one of the areas that falls outside of my expertise. I am not very tactically minded and I haven't really had much consideration on the topic." Mordechai chimed in his thoughts "My personal needs are few so it would probably be better if we address anything you all might require."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

12. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Fuck, Guru made a good point. This question also lead them back to the point of what they wanted to achieve with this Cabal. "Yeah, you're right. A Hollow is one part - probably more like a luxury if we can manage to find one. But considering the correct vibe for the place is important too." He took one piece of lasagna and looked for a place to sit. "I don't want to sound too gay, but I'd dig a place of solidarity and support. Maybe something quiet?" Because they clearly weren't after power.. at least, that's what everyone here claimed. "Maybe we can look for a former youth centre or something?" Although those weren't exactly quiet.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods. "Okay. So...sounds like we aren't all on the same page about claiming a territory."

He turns to Eulogy. "Are you up for studying up on Cabals and what we have to do to be official? Because I thought we had to announce what territory we claim and our name and who is in it to be official, but I could be wrong." Kaze asks.

"So yeah. Maybe we should break up, I mean, if there isn't anything else anyone feels like is important? We could get back together when Eulogy is sure about whether claiming a territory is a deal breaker or not?"

I don't think this particular scene works great posting around Guru, since he was the main one who sounded to me like he wanted to pump the breaks on committing to a specific territory?

16. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Exactly." He said nodding along with Kaze before turning to Mordechai with a smirk, "Shit man, can't wait to see it then. Would a party be in poor taste?" He raised a blonde eyebrow, he really didn't know his social norms had shifted so long ago he didn't know he'd ever find a way back to what most considered normal.

"Shit man, it's the Others I'm worried about." He said making a big O with his fingers in the air. "Banishers and the like, any place like that worth having is also worth taking. Shit, I don't know how much better off I am tactically but we all have our own strengths right, if we play to them we should be better off than any individual." He gave a shrug, risk was part of their lives now. Anytime they called on too much power, anytime they sought the deeper truth to the world, nothing was without risk.

"Solidarity and support is a good resonance to hunt, I can dig it. Not a bad place to start looking, I'm not versed in Prime at all so it's going to take a bit to find a spot, we don't have to break but we can move onto the next item. What's going to be our name?"

18. Likes Ruach, , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal almost choked on his wine and looked at Kaze with raised eyebrows. Kaze giving up was not like the Obrimos he knew - so Crystal channeled the sass and tenacity that Kaze used on him. "Nuh-uh, we're not leaving here until we've figured this out. If we're filibustering every time we slightly disagree on something then we'll get nowhere fast and I won't have this idea fizzle out. Do you understand me, young man?" There was a glint in his eyes, signaling Kaze that it was all in good fun - well, the overly patronizing delivery was but the point still stood. "Besides: we've only started to dig into this lasagna." And to make a point he took another fork of the tasty treat.

He turned back to the other two Mages. "Now, to address your concerns Guru: call me naive, but with how little hostile activity there has been since I've moved here I'd wager that we'll have quite the head-start to establish some defenses. Hell, aren't we just about a third of the whole Consilium? If anyone came along that'd fuck us up the whole city would be in trouble." Of course that attitude would get back to bite the Warlock sooner or later. Oh well.

"I'm a bit versed in Prime - Kaze, how about you? Maybe we can make it an event, the two of us wandering the streets of the city looking for potential sites?" Was he super comfortable with liberal use of Magic yet? Not quite, but it seemed like he had to pull all the stops to get Kaze out of that mindset. Or maybe he was just overthinking the Mighty's throwaway remark.

When the question about a name came up Crystal leaned back sighing. "Yeah, that's also something I've been thinking about. Like what's a theme or common thing among us? I guess the scooby gang is not on the table anymore?"

I'm for continuing this scene as far as it gets us and doing a second follow-up if needed. I mean, those questions need answers and postponing it to a scene in the future might not help all that much?

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread