Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
To Whom It May Concern

To those individuals I was playing with the last time I was here, I owe you a very large apology. I realize I vanished without word or notice and left you to hang in the wind. I cannot convey the sincerity of how sorry I am to have done that to you. I can only offer a very belated explanation and hope that you can understand.

First, my computer died. Completely dead, in the realm of Hades and beyond. I could not get it to do anything but turn on and give me a blank screen. Dred attempted to bring it back to life for me, but came to the conclusion that it would need to be rebuilt. This wasn't exactly something we had money for, nor was it on the top of the priority list. He did offer a laptop, but for those of you who know me, a laptop is pretty much a useless paperweight that I can do very little with. So, I had to wait as we slowly acquired the replacement parts I needed one at a time, as we could afford it.

Then I had to wait for a screen large enough to actually see my computer. (currently I am using a 55 inch TV which works rather well). Regardless, all of this took time. Anyway, at this point I do have everything back up and running (obviously) and I do apologize for the amount of time it has taken me to return. As I currently have no idea what state the city is in or what happened while I was gone, I am not sure if I will be asking to revive any of the characters I was playing when I disappeared. Not sure if that is fair to others.

Just wanted to let those of you know that I am aware of what the sudden absence of characters can do and how it can affect things. It was not my intention to leave anyone in limbo.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

2. Likes deltadream, Ruach, liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

That sucks! But glad to hear you have everything sorted! And we all understand how life can throw us curve balls

But if you decide to come back and play, we'd all love to have you!!

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

All the hugs and love!

Life be crazy, I'm no stranger to computer issues, glad yours is slowly getting sorted, and like Ori said, if you decide to come back we'd love to have you!

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Welcome back

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Wow I am really looking forward to playing with you, whether previous, returned character or new! You've been a big part of the rich history of the site, before I arrived, and you're back! Respect!

10. Likes liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Covid claimed Frost.

I struggled with whether it was appropriate --or my place-- to share the news, but I didn't want her final words here to be an un-kept promise to come back.

I know most of you don't know who Frost is. She started Twilight Valley back in 2008 and that's this site. When I found TV, most of my 'role-playing' consisted of power-gaming and Monty Python jokes. TV isn't just what got me into online RP, it's what got me into actual RP. It's the first place I forgot about my character sheets and characters took up residence in my head. When she left TV and gave the site to me, it wasn't a popular decision with people close to her, but it was a decision she made and heat she took so that our stories could continue. All of my great stories from those early days, she was the ultimate architect of.

In those early days Frost ran a dozen characters. They were all engaging. They didn't play favorites and drew newcomers into the story and city. They didn't push their own agendas or back-stories -- they enabled ours. She may have been the most selfless RP-er I've known. She answered endless stupid questions of mine about vampire and made me love the game. She taught me that ST'ing wasn't statting out villains to be swanned about, but throwing just enough dots at players to make the victory mean something. The list goes on. She taught me everything about RP but the secret to her infinite patience.

I always thought she would come back and we'd play again. I wish you all could have enjoyed her love of the game... but in a way, you do. Everyone that's ever enjoyed Twilight Valley or Edge of Darkness owe it to her.

I don't know how to sign this off without sounding trite and because I'm just gutted writing this, so I'll use her words.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

+ Reply to Thread