Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
(2108)The Prince's Circle

Aug 1, 2021 : (2108) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

It seems like a few folks had been to this Top Ten Room. Perhaps she and Kaze should check it out?

Jennifer gave a nod to Connor's remark about a Reeve. Yes, it certainly seemed like the perfect time for one. She was already involved in two investigations - and that was only the ones that she knew of. Yet from what Connor told her, he could make a fine Deputy. He had initiative - which could mark him well. Perhaps in a little while she would bring it up. Jennifer was a bit surprised he asked about candidates. Jennifer took a moment to glance around the room, noting if the comment had drawn any attention. She keeps herself facing the Prince, and careful not to turn her back on anyone.
    Seemed Edward was engrossed in conversation with the Madames Kingsley and Bellemy. Curious. She heard a bit of Bellemy's remark and nodded a bit. Not a bad suggestion. Perhaps the Carthians had a chance here if led by a level head. She heard Helen's response and wondered what Edward had said to spur the comment on disrespect. She supposed something backing his right to be disrespectful. A bit like his doublespeak in 'swore to have sworn' or whatever phrase he tried to write into his own Oath. She thought.
    The Prince remarks on initiative, and she nods. She was a bit surprised someone had not already declared their intent to be Reeve already. With two investigations ongoing, now was a time for leadership. Initiative. Likely a Deputy to run the second task. Althought with Seneschal Jack and Archon Twist, a Deputy wasn't truly needed to babysit. Certainly could be useful for keeping an eye on the Domain.

She made a note to give a final pass over what she and the Prince had discussed last May. It may be needed soon.

"That would be marvelous." Jennifer replies to the idea that something could be arranged for the painting. It truly would be marvelous to display.
    "I will look into those factors and have something designed." It had to be an issue that had come up before.

"Experiments?" She picked that out of Dirt Nap's sentence. How interesting. Experiments with Kine?

Quote Originally posted by Conner Wells:
    There's a brief bristle to his smile. "It was quite well, O'Brien."
    Jennifer watched Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Wells. Dark brown eyes move around those she is standing with, noting expressions.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes , Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The information he was seeking doesn't come, but he doesn't let his slight annoyance show. At least he wasn't being chastised in open court, so something good came of it. "Of course, Your Grace. The Domain seems to be thriving; no doubt due to your diligence when it comes to choosing members of your court." Then he dropped it, no use in pushing, especially when it came to the prince. "No problems that I'm aware of, Your Grace. It would just make sense that while we are short a Reeve, other members holding Office would have to pull double duty at times to fulfill any duties the Reeve would have. I apologize for not being more clear, your Grace."

"Mister O'Brien please, Mr. Wells.
    He says, with a gentle emphasis on the word Mister. It doesn't bother him much, but he can't currently let it slide like he might elsewhere. This was open court, of course, and allowing the Priest to mistitle him opened the door for others to do the same.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Experiments? She looks to Dirt Nap with a questioning look. “Are bar fights something you prefer to avoid? Or is it an experiment to try and cause one in a more upscale establishment?” it was all she had.

Nodding to Conner, “I’ll have my Ghoul set a time up and I can give you the keys. Of course, I have no idea on the current state of it.” It could be burned down for all she knew.

Looking to Jennifer, “We can setup a time for you to view it, and decide if you wish to have me get it taken care of or not. It wouldn’t be any trouble; I actually have a few pieces I’m looking to have placed into protective cases.” Maybe she could get a bulk discount. Not that it mattered, money wasn’t the issue.

Eyes leveling on Connor, “There will always be times when others will need to step in and help with various roles. Sacramento is a Domain with a transient population, it can be difficult to not only find someone reliable, but competent as well.” And so far she only knew of one. And they needed to have a talk. "If it's something you would like to discuss in more detail, something can be arranged." an offer.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles softly, "Those extra greasy fries tasted like mud going down and not any better coming up, Mister Wells." He says quietly.

He nods to Jennifer's comment on 'experiments' and then nods deeply and says, "I always aim to avoid fights when it's doable, Your Highness. In this particular case, the experiment was to get myself used to the way of eating that's more, " he nods again to Jennifer, "like the Kine."

He is silent for a long moment and then says very quietly, "I'm just starting what would be a long trail of experiments on it, but I've heard tell, it is possible to force a Change, where our body can feel satisfied by a full belly of regular ole food, relieving the hunger to feed. Not theactual need, mind you, but the feeling of it."

"I aim to find out if what I heard is True."

Dirt Nap shrugs slightly, "If it is, I might find it handy sometime to be able to be in a room full of kine, and to be actually, truly not distracted by their blood in their veins and hearts beating, genuinely able to respond to the smell of a dinner we're all eating instead. It's a long term experiment."

7. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner's Beast briefly flares in response to O'Brien, but it is smothered by a reserved expression. The Man speaks reason; O'Brien hadn't done anything yet to earn his disgust...key word being 'yet'.

"I'll certainly keep an eye out."
    Conner returns the nod to Prince Antinori, though his is noticeably lower given who he's addressing. Even if the Moore House is in disrepair, it's not like I'm short on time during the night. Given that the investigations around the Domain were already being handled, he had plenty of free time and no real way of getting tired provided he was careful near night's end. At the very least he could assess what repairs were needed, if any.

He smiles just a bit to Dirt Nap as he remembers the Gangrel plowing through the fries like a man starved. He talks about the nature of his experiments, becoming more and more like humanity. There's an ache in his heart then beyond the supernatural hunger. Could something like that really be possible? To remove the desire for Vitae? He wonders if, in another life, he would've chosen to join the Ordo Dracul instead of the Lancea Sanctum, given what they could offer. The chance to add layers to the illusion of the Blush. He can almost audibly hear his Sire's voice in response, rebuking this folly. They deny themselves their purpose. Our purpose as Kindred. ​Certainly much to think about...

But Conner's stomach and mind were growing weary as the night draws on. Perhaps it's time to regroup while I still can. He looks to the Prince, this immortal juggernaut of the Damned. "I am very grateful for your company this night, Prince Antinori. I look forward to our future arrangements." When I'm out of the woods and more clear in the head. He bows respectfully. "A blessed night to you, Your Grace." He looks to Jennifer, offers a similar though reduced bow. "Priscus Hazelton." A nod, with significantly less edge, to her Haunt. "Mr. O'Brien." If nothing else, he didn't want to risk giving Jennifer a second target. "Mr. Dirt Nap." He almost chuckles at the ridiculousness of the name. It's almost easier to call him 'Clay'. And with his farewells given, Conner exits the Prince's Circle and returns to the Court at large.

Continued in (2108) Formal Court...

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

9. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glances over towards Edward for a moment, hearing his annoying double speak. Well, she already knew he didn't have teeth to hold to a conviction. Her dark eyes move between Connor and the Prince as they speak. Listening to what they said, curious as to if there was deeper meaning.

"I would like that, your Grace." Jennifer replied to the Prince. "I think it is something that the Nosferatu would treasure." At least she would.
    "Who was the artist?"
    It was a reminder to start chronicling past influential Nosferatu in the Bleak Annals. She was already journaling on Alice Hart.
    "I believe I heard that you appreciate art, your Grace. Do you have a favorite period?" A pause, and then an explaination.
    "I have recently started to study art theory."

She was curious why Dirt Nap was eating human food. Most didn't waste the resources. She would, mostly for socializing with someone who was special to her.
    "I am interested in learning more. Where did you hear about this theory?" Jennifer looks to Dirt Nap, curious.
    I do take special care to be able to socialize and pass among the Kine. If its about remaining current within the herd.

Jennifer watched Mr. Wells for a moment. Curious what that little comment was to my Cousin. Most managed to use 'Mr' reliably.
    "Mr. Wells."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

11. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"An invitation to meet at a later time," the Haunt starts with a bow to the Prince, "is an honor that is not to be taken for granted. It would please me to speak more with you on the subject at a later date, your Grace. I will make myself available to you at your convenience Your Grace."

He watches and listens as Dirt Nap speaks on his experiments and theories, wondering if it is truly possible. Jennifer asks the question on his mind though, so he choses not to speak on the subject.

"Mr. Wells." The Haunt says to the Priest with a nod as the latter takes his leave. "Enjoy the rest of your night."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

13. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

As the conversation continues, Jennifer's peripheral vision showed Kindred making their goodbyes and exiting Elysium. It was time for the evening to come to an end.

"Thank you for the wonderful conversation, your Grace. May you be well until we speak again." Jennifer folded into a perfect curtsy to the Prince, held for a respectful duration and then a moment more. An apology for the inappropriate timing of her rebuke of Edward last month.
    Jennifer rose and gave Dirt Nap a nod of respect. "Good night. We should speak soon." The Nosferatu suggested to her friend.

The Nosferatu glanced to her Clanmate, Connor. The Nosferatu Priscus gave the fellow Nosferatu a nod that signals she values his opinion, for all to see.
    "Shall we, Mr. O'Brien." She requested. As they had arrived together and now were moving to their shared Haven, the Necropolis.

15. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor offers a a deep bow to the Archon as she comes by to pay her respects to the Prince before departing, then upon Jennifer saying her goodbyes, he bows even deeper to the Prince. "Yes, thank you for the conversation your Grace. May all your nights find you well."

He gives a nod to Dirt Nap, then turns back to Jennifer. ​"Of course, Priscus."
    The Vanishing:

17. Likes Ruach, liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread