Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2108)The Prince's Circle

Aug 1, 2021 : (2108) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to the Shadow, “Good evening Ms O’Ryan.” This was going to be interesting. Fun even.

“Lady Hazelton, good evening.” A nod to her, then a nod to Milton, “Mr Northbridge.” Seemed everyone had remembered their manners this evening. A welcome change. “Mr OBrien.”

Now the faceless one, she didn’t know him. And she simply watches him backup, not saying anything.

“Ms Perez,” looking to the woman, “we need to have a meeting soon.” And she leaves it at that.

She watches Edward for a moment, but decides to pay him no mind.

Spotting Twist, the Savage offers a deep nod of respect, her outfit one that only the Daeva could pull off.

A nod given to Jacque when he enters.

But it was hard to not overhear Helen speak to Edward. And it brought a little smile to her lips. Seemed there was more to the Haunt than she realized.

Back to whomever had decided to stay around her and talk, "How has everyone been?"
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner's bow to the Prince is perhaps a little shaky, given the hunger and fear gnawing at his limbs. But he composes himself to complete the gesture of respect, along with similar gestures to the other Court officials as they enter shortly after.
    Was the Prince actually trying to socialize with them? Actually showing concern? A less starved Conner might've been a little touched by the gesture, or perhaps a younger, less experienced one. The predator-turned-prey in him thought differently. She's gauging us, all of us. Eyes briefly flicker to those she addresses. It would appear Ms. Perez had more urgent appointments than him and Maeve, but perhaps a conference of the Shadows would come at another time?

The Man begs focus. The Beast demands action. Tonight was about survival yes, but also to prove a point. To show lessons were being learned. Conner holds his ground by his fellow Shadows and maintains a neutral expression.
    He would wait until the Prince addressed him directly, if at all; the last thing he wants is to start on the wrong foot.

Continued from (2108) Formal Court...

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Hello, Your Grace." Jennifer replied respectfully at the Prince's greeting. She has kept her amused smile from earlier, yet doesn't linger or even bring up what amused her. She lets her smile change to polite interest.
    "It finds me well. I am taking the advice that you gave me last May." Jennifer states to the Prince, alluding to asking her Family for help with what they could take on in the Necropolis.
    Dark eyes flick to Connor Wells. Then the Lady Notary turned her attention to the Prince.

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Your Grace." The Haunt replies to the Prince. "The night finds me well, thank you." Otherwise the Haunt stays silent, knowing he should only speak when spoken to in the presence of the Prince. It was time he showed that he understood the inner workings of the court.

His eyes land on Mr. Wells for a moment. He looks worse for wear, having been banished to the Barrens by Quinn. Perhaps now was the time to take the Lance up on his offer of a meeting; take advantage of the vulnerability.

Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was a bit surprised Conner followed. Was he truly making an effort to put on a better face for his Clan? Or was he hoping being in front of her would stop him from making a fool out of himself? Time to find out.

“Mr Wells,” a smile, “good evening. How have you been?” a little worse for wear from the look of it. But that’s what happens when you fuck up.

Eyes move to Jennifer, “Are you?” she says, “I hope it is going well. Such tasks can be very time consuming; I hope you’re taking the time to also focus on yourself.” Part of the trying to connect. Show empathy. She could have that.

A smile to the other Connor. Why did people have to share names? It complicated things. “That’s good to hear.” Though seemed none of them were the talkative type. Or it could just be that she was there.

“Anything exciting going on?” asking the group as a whole. “The summer months tend to bring a bit more excitement to the city.”

9. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Again, the question to him: 'how are you doing'. Was it more pointed? More gentle? Honestly Conner couldn't tell with the hunger and survival instincts growling in his gut. But it was a start.

Conner bows his head briefly with a simple smile. "Content, Your Grace." Shadow eyes met Savages just for an instant, but not long enough to be considered disrespectful. ​"I've been working on sermon preparations for my first Black Mass, which I hope to officiate sometime in the Fall months." God only knew he'd had nothing but time out in the Barrens. Time, and books, and an ever-elusive earless bobcat.

He listens to Prince Antinori address the Nosferatu, feels their eyes on him. They're judging you! They want to dominate you! Prove their strength after Kowalsic's screw-up! But they couldn't, at least not here. He needed to show that he could stand on his own two feet. A bubble of courage escapes the morass of bitter hunger. "I'd heard there was an investigation going on in the Domain." He looks to Priscus Hazelton. "Has that gone well?Surely the Prisci would be involved somehow. The Shadow was hungry for knowledge where blood failed to present itself.

11. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

" I admit, I hadn't been prioritizing time for myself when we spoke in May." Jennifer admitted. "Since our talk, I have made more of an effort to do so. I hope that you are taking the time for yourself as well, Your Grace. I admit, I would like to go have a night free of obligation."
    She was enjoying spending time with the Prince, not talking about the barbed words and veiled nuances of Court.

"I've been busy. A lot going on in town. I heard through the grapevine that Mr. Moore has moved on to another Domain.
    Mr. Smith and Priscus Quinn have taken lead on the meals that have dropped dead. I'm assisting in the investigation, due to my Family Gifts."
    Jennifer won't say 'the investigation that Mr. Kowalsic brought up in Court, before'. Won't even mention the bastard's name.
    A glance to Conner, and a nod.
    "Yes? What have you heard, Mr. Wells?" Jennifer was careful to keep her tone nuetral, even with her Cursed Voice. She kept her face interested as she looked to Conner. Not criticizing.

Jennifer is a bit curious about what might be going around town. More importantly, who was giving him information. She had one name that seemed a sure bet. Jennifer glanced to her cousin, Connor.
    "I've seen you about." She lays breadcrumbs for Connor sharing where she could have seen him about, if he chooses to share. He might want to keep things close to the vest.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

13. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor stands listening to the ongoing conversation, until the Lady Notary addresses him directly.

"Yes, I've been spending some time getting to know those within the Domain, your Grace." Naming no names; if Quinn wanted it known, she would mention it herself. "Beyond that, I've been assisting the Lady Notary with some items that she had requested from the family, as well as an investigation into a group of foreign Kindred causing some unrest with a Cotorie within the Domain. It's going well, currently." Without knowing the final outcome, there were no congratulations to recieve. Those would come soon enough. "I may need to speak with the Seneschal soon regarding a matter of the First Estate, it's quite high on my to-do list."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “Cannot say I’ve ever attended a Black Mass. Perhaps if you let me know what evening it will be held, I’ll attend.” She wasn’t opposed to other Covenants, and was willing to hear them out. “Have you been able to go out and experience the night life? There are quite a few nightclubs and bars in the city.” Did a member of the Church go out? Inquiring minds want to know.

There was a sly smile, “There are usually one or two investigations going on.” Not much happened without her knowledge.

Looking to Jennifer, “That’s good. I hear it’s an important thing to do.” Then a slight shrug, “If my schedule allows, I try. But I’ve been told that I need to make more time for it.” The whole all work and no play bit. “Should you find a good night, let me know.” She could make an effort.

Interesting. He mentions no names. So it clearly wasn’t important.

“Helping ones Family is always a generous thing to do.”
    They were supposed to be your allies after all.

“Always good to know investigations are going well. A good indicator of that is when I’m not called in.”
    a half smirk and chuckle. If she was called in, things were going to shit and someone needed to meet Final Death.

Eyebrow arches, “I’m sure he will make the time for such an important matter.” If it was Invictus business anyways.

17. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Conner nods respectfully to Priscus Hazelton. "Only insomuch that Priscus Durant was involved and that it involved Human murders." Quinn and Maeve had only given him scant details, though it did seem to be a sore spot between the two of them as Maeve was removed from the investigation. His expression hardens; the Lancea as a whole found needless Human suffering distasteful at best. "I trust you discovered the source of this trouble?" Quinn hadn't spoken to him much about their results, though she'd seemed weary as of late. The use of Quinn's first name amongst her title did confuse Conner just a bit. Maybe a privilege among Priscii?

Connor sounded like he was keeping himself busy. There was a brief surge of envy in him; but he suppresses it when he hears about Connor's interest in the Invictus. That man needs more prayer than I do. From what little he knew of the First Estate, the learning curve was sharp.

The Prince's invitation draws a brief flash of surprise from the Shadow, but he quickly buries it under a measured smile and a nod. "I was considering sending notes to the Priscii once the time was right to invite those Kindred who were willing and able to attend. I'll be sure to do so once I've secured a location." He still needed to cross paths with the Seneschal, who seemed to be the most likely source of information about the Lancea's history in the Domain. "And yes, I'd actually found a nice place called the Ten Ten Room. It's fairly active, and the atmosphere is pleasant." The people were too, but he didn't think the Prince would be interested in hearing how he chatted up Alice. "I try to be out not just to hunt, but also to observe. To be in the world." Even though you wish you could be OF it.

The Prince's chuckle draws a shudder through Conner's Beastial soul. He has no doubt that if the Prince was ever truly needed for something, it would be because they needed a bigger monster in the field. Maybe someday you'll be that monster?

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread