Watch

Corn's Bachelor Party - Mage side

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn arrived a bit early at the large, open parking lot. Maria was away for today, visiting some relatives and probably making promises that she and Corn would visit them after the marriage. He was dressed in more festive clothes: A nice dark pair of trousers and a dark purple shirt. The night was already hot so he sat in his car with the AC on to wait the others to arrive.
    The rest was left in Crystal 's hands. The Mastigos had agreed to lend Corn his knowledge of bars and clubs and all the other night-life things Crystal lost himself to. Mysterium was all about knowledge and if there was one mage Corn trusted to know his way around bars, expensive or cheap, clean or dirty, casual or gaudy was Crystal. After consulting his fellow mystagogue, it was decided that for this special Bachelor party - the mage-side bachelor party - girls would be invited too.

Corn didn't want anything too seedy like the tv-bachelor parties in Vegas, full of alcohol induced craziness. But he wanted to celebrate his wedding and his new breakthrough in power and his higher initiation in the Order. Again, he would have to trust to Crystal to find the right balance for that.

"Let's show them what we have to celebrate for, aside of being united with the woman of my life" Corn said to himself. He picked out the big aluminum pen he bought for the store and as he was seated on the driver's seat, he held the pen in his hand below the wheel. Not that anyone would understand what was happening or that anyone was around anyway, but still, better safe than sorry. He touched the pen with his leaden medallion and concentrated for a few moments. Perhaps it was not the wisest thing to reach across the Abyss and risk Paradox backlash just to show off, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

3 successes, no paradox

Yeap, the pen is now made of silver. Corn thought to himself as he inspected his handiwork. Subtle enough to pass for a usual expensive pen. All that remained now was to wait to see who would show up from those invited.
    Crystal Kaze Guru Aurora Phoenyx Eulogy
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Frankly, with how much Corn liked to separate his lives Crystal was a bit surprised to be invited to the Moros' bachelor party. Being instructed to plan the evening surprised him somewhat less and he was actually honored to be trusted with the task. He didn't know Corn that well, so there was a lot of guessing involved, but a few things were certain: there were going to be no strippers or anything similarly raunchy, and he would take things slowly to make sure that this evening was about the man of the hour.

He couldn't quite help himself and fuck with his fellow Mystagogue's head a little bit though: The Shady Lady was merely a cocktail bar (and one of the better ones to boot), but maybe the name was risqué enough to make Corn sweat a little.

Crystal arrived at the parking lot in the limousine he rented for the occasion. It would wait for them in case they wanted to move on to a different location in style - because men like Corn surely only married once in their life, so you might as well make it memorable. The Mastigos was dressed for the classy bar, wearing a green three-piece suit that was a bit too warm for the weather - a sacrifice he was willing to make for his colleague and friend.
    He stepped out of the parked car and looked around. Since driving around in that car to look for.. Abyssal Insects? he recognized the car right away and made his way over to it. He knocked at the window with a big smile, waiting for the Moros to roll down the window or get out. "Ready for your big night?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn opened the door a smile gracing his face. "Chris!" he said and stepped out of the car (the pen in his pocket). Looking at Crystal's wardrobe he raised an eyebrow. "Am I under-dressed? And to be 100% certain, 'Shady lady' is the bar I saw on google, right? Not any actual shady lady? How did you remember that the retro-with-a-modern-twist style is a favorite of mine? I think I may have mentioned it to you once. I am moved. I couldn't think of a better choice myself!" Corn said not realizing that it wasn't that hard to figure what he would like. "Do you know which of the others may show up?"

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn opened the door a smile gracing his face. "Chris!" he said and stepped out of the car (the pen in his pocket). Looking at Crystal's wardrobe he raised an eyebrow. "Am I under-dressed? And to be 100% certain, 'Shady lady' is the bar I saw on google, right? Not any actual shady lady? How did you remember that the retro-with-a-modern-twist style is a favorite of mine? I think I may have mentioned it to you once. I am moved. I couldn't think of a better choice myself!" Corn said not realizing that it wasn't that hard to figure what he would like. "Do you know which of the others may show up?"

8. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shows up wearing shorts and an aloha shirt with short sleeves, generally showing off a sleek, athletic physique and vibrancy.

"Hey! I'm so excited for you, Jacob! Thanks for inviting me to get to celebrate your getting married!" He says to Corn with a big grin, but sincerely with sustained eye contact and everything!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

10. Likes , Aeolus, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Damn, he could have known that Corn wasn't going into this blind. That's a Mystagogue for you, researching possible bachelor-party locations without trusting their master of ceremonies. Crystal pursed his lips in a fake sulking. But only for a moment, since the Moros' enthusiasm was actually kinda infectious. "Yeah, it's nothing seedy - just classy enough for us." About how he hit the nail on the head with that club? "Ah, I just had a hunch. It had a similar vibe to your bookstore, so I went with that." Proving that the Moros' trust was rightfully put into him.

He was just about to answer the last question when Kaze arrived in the most casual outfit thinkable. "Ugh, no I don't think you're underdressed - seems like I am painfully overdressed." Then again, could one really be too well dressed? "Hey Steve" Good to see you." Because Kaze changed his alias again - something the Warlock had to get used to. Turning back to Corn again. "So yeah, apart from those obviously here I haven't heard from anyone either way. Wanna wait outside for a bit longer?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

12. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn, in clearly good mood, made a fancy wave towards Kaze with a small, but dramatic, bow. "Glad to have you both here, gentlemen, and glad that the wedding is getting closer. It is busy work, I can tell you that. I also used to think it as more of a formality since we live together with Maria but as the day approaches and the calls come in and the whole thing... it really seems ... magical! As I have said to Steve, I am religious and I am also glad for the spiritual union as well as the social one."

He pondered for a bit. "I think we should better wait for a bit. See if others are willing to join. I am fine with just the three of us, but the more the merrier! Oh, and aside of celebrating the upcoming union with the woman that I plan to spend the rest of my life with" - Corn is probably not well aware what Bachelor parties are for apparently - "I have more reasons to celebrate." Corn said, with a playful wink, leaving the mystery hanging, building up hype.

14. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru couldn't miss this party, he was surprised there was a semblance of a party here as he pulled up and parked. Door shut and locked as he worked on straightening out his suit for the evening. Cleaning himself up for the evening even as he wore sunglasses in the middle of the night. He approached the group with his arms wide open, a big smile on his face. "So what sort of trouble can we get into tonight? I got cigars in the car for later. If you'd wanted I could still get a party bus to Vegas. Either way everything tonight's on me so feel free to let loose and know your Guru is here to guide you." He couldn't help but smile at Corn and smirk over at Crystal remembering one of their first evenings together.

"So please tell me it's not just Steve. Tell me the last name punches it up a little, it's gotta come out of that trailer V.O. swinging. Now come on, you gonna keep us guessing" He laughed again as he finally got a look the place over, man, he really hoped they had a cigar section so he could just bring them in but he wasn't holding his breath on that front. "So how long you both been together, where's the best man?" He gave a point to Crystal as this definitely had his fingers all over it. "Not a bad choice either way, this the stop or a stop? Glad to see I'm not the only one who decided to go all out."

16. Likes Aeolus, , , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai walked up wearing his summer gear. Khaki cargo shorts, hawaiian shirt, sandals and his fedora. It was a night to party and for once, the Moros was going to let his metaphorical hair down. "Hey guys. I am so stoked." he glanced over at Guru and asked. "Do people still say stoked?"

He handed a box over to Corn. "Thanks for the invite. I have never been to a Bachelor party before. So I wanted to do it right. I got you a blender hope that's ok."

He looked at the gathered people and asked "can we get those shirts? The ones that say "not the groom" on all of them but Corn's, that would be swell." this time he looked at Kaze "do people still say swell?'
    • Member of the Caretakers.

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn's enthusiasm was growing with each under-dressed mage showing up.
    Not knowing Mordechai's ( Eulogy ) alias, he simply said to him "Thanks friend! It is really appreciated. " To Guru he said, "Thank you, but this is not necessary. I am buying. I have other reasons to be celebrating as I was telling to Chris and Steve ( Crystal and Kaze ) although I admit that getting married is overshadowing every other achievement. I think I am the first to marry from our clique in... I don't know how long. Steve, you're here the longer. Has anyone else got married to his sweetheart during the time you are here? " Turning back to Guru's question he said "Well, my best man is not from the book-club. So... this will be for my friends from the book-club."

With a dramatic flare, he pulled out the 'silver' pen. "Now about my other achievements... see this! " he said holding the pen for all the gathered to see. "Really see it. " he said with a wink. Giving people some time to scrutinize the pen with mage sight if they caught on, or simply see that it is silver, feel the weight if they touch it etc, he announces proudly.
    "That pen... costs about 4$. You can say I am an adept on finding precious materials. I am stoked about this too." He looks around proudly to see if the mages will click on it - and confirming for Mordechai that yes, people (or at least Corn) still say 'stoked'.

20. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread