Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Resurrectionists - Aid from Afar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

However the Kindred arrive they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and brown silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, but without the pulse of the music from above, the place has the feel of a sepulchre.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees. The furniture setting is familiar now: a set of elegant chairs, all dark wood and red leather, arranged in a circle. The baroque lighting leaves the corners of the Elysium commons in deep shadow.

With the permanent fixture that the chess table had become, there was yet another new item. A Steinway concert piano, its cover in an upright position, revealing stunning inner strings strings. The lid was closed on the keyboard, the bench not with it.

Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

Yet tonight is different.

Tonight, two strangers sit at a table, scanning the Kindred nearby. They appear to be looking for someone. They have draped themselves in innocent intent. The woman wears a silk scarf of white. Her outfit is tailored to her measurements, a floor length gown in deep emerald green with a modest sweetheart neckline. A pin on her white scarf bears a bloom of Acacia. To those who know the language of flowers, this is a message of friendship. The woman entered Elysium - and even past the throng of nameless crowd - wearing a white veil and wide brim white hat. She paused at the coat check to submit her empty bag for screening. Once fully within Elysium and shielded from outside eyes, she removed the hat and viel and stored them in the bag she had brought. Her face is hideous to behold - several teeth are snaggletooth and protrode from her mouth. Her eyes are slightly too close together. Her eye sockets are slightly sunken. Her left side of her jaw is misshapen and flat. Clearly, she all but sings out her Nosferatu Curse. The rest of her body is well formed and even attractive, boxum.
    The gentleman wears a white pocket square in his tailored, reinforced grey suit. He is stunningly handsome, with high cheekbones and sapphire blue eyes. Striking Looks. He wears a small metal pin bearing the Invictus symbol. His body is turned towards hers, listening to her intently whenever she speaks. She holds an invitation sized envelope and holds it in her hand, turning it so passersby can see.
    Names are written on the envelope - Mr. Alexander Moore, Madame Maeve, Mr. Milton Northbridge.
    A lovely but young Kindred, Ms. Smithers, politely pauses by their table to ask if they need something.

"Yes, thank you." The gentleman answers. "I am Mr. Elijah Holden. This is Madame Katrina Hall." He nods to his companion. His eyes indicate the envelope in Madame Hall's hand. "Do you know these fine Kindred?"

Only post into this thread if you were accepted into the Ressurectionist Plot line AND if you are not currently in Dropping Bodies Plot. This is to let those who have not been involved in a plot get their feet wet first.
    razzy Alexander Moore Maeve Shenanigans Milton Endymion Jacque Killian

2. Likes , Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

What a fine night thus far. An 'early' meeting with a client at Smic's, nominally for Martinis, though Milton had managed to taste a far superior vintage in the men's room.

Feeding Roll, 3 successes

It is rare that the Lord feeds on the fly. But, when the opportunity presents itself, how can he refuse?

So, buzzing with stolen vitality, the undead accountant steps briskly down the stairs and into Elysium. Even the memory of Kowalsic's folly cannot dampen his mood.

There is, of course, the press of Beasts to contend with. But, Milton knows that all he needs is a moment to address his own internal monster in order to set things aright. He pauses to straighten the lavender tie he's paired with a blue suit this evening. A flash of gold as his cufflinks catch the light.

Unremarkable, yet keen eyes return to scanning the room once his Beast has been quelled. The normal cast of characters, none very noteworthy.

But, who is this pair? The woman is clearly a Haunt, which does not put Milton off. He is quite fond of the Nosferatu, finding them to be interesting conversational partners on most occasions. Milton likes to think it's their inability to hold onto the pretense of humanity, but perhaps that's just projection. And her partner, with his incredibly good looks, makes for an interesting companion to her own profound ugliness.

For a moment, he hesitates, ever prudent. However, his curiosity gets the best of him and he makes his approach.

Milton stops at a polite distance from the trio, giving Ms. Smithers a momentary glance, before his eyes find the two strangers. "Good evening, and pardon my intrusion. I am Mr. Milton Northbridge of the Ventrue and the Boston Northbridges." He gives them both polite nods, taking in their accoutrement as he does. The Invictus pin is unmistakable. And her Acacia pin speaks to the Language of Flowers, which Milton has been recently studying given his intent to join the First Estate. He searches his memory for the meaning of that, particular bloom. But cannot seem to recall. Oh well.

Remember that Flower, failure

"I don't believe we've met and felt compelled to introduce myself," he adds with his patented, bland smile. 'Compelled,' indeed. Let them make of that what they will.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

4. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The gentleman stood as Milton walked to the table and introduced himself.
    "We're quite glad you chose to introduce yourself, Mr. Northbridge." He replied, serious. "Please, join us." He indicated the table and reclaimed his seat.

"I am Mr. Elijah Holden of the line Daeva. This is Madame Katrina Hall of the line Nosferatu. We are visitors from St. Louis, Missouri. We intend to only be in town a short while."
    His gaze now turns to the others in Elysium. There were a few openly watching the three and likely many more attempting to be covert.

"Our coterie has been asked to make this short visit due to the intel. " He allowed his expression to look puzzled.
    "Nonetheless, there is a time sensitive situation that we need to button up in the next few days. Might you know how to contact Seneschal Jack and Madam Maeve? The three of us could likely meet with Madam Maeve before we trouble Seneschal Jack."

The envelope is slid across the table to Milton's side, Madame Hall giving a nod to Milton to open it.
    If he does, he finds a short message within.

Madam Maeve and Mr. Northbridge:
    We have recieved word that you may be able to help us in a time sensitive investigation. There is an important figure rumored to be buried in a town outside of Sacramento. This individual stole mystic secrets from the Sanctified and the Circle of the Crone alike. Some months ago, a black-and-white photograph of our quarry was discovered in an antique frame by Mr. Kowalsic in a town outside of Sacramento. Needless to say, if the First Estate is the one to recover him, we would enjoy largesse.
    We require aid from those who can solve puzzles, enigmas and others who can handle the heavy lifting involved. Are you interested? Needless to say, we can share the sensitive details only to those who are interested and can carry out this recovery over the next three evenings.
    Seneschal Jack has the details as of a few months ago. We have it on good authority that Seneschal Jack shall be contacted with additional information very soon. When you have made all neccessary preparations for the task of recovering a Torpid Kindred and preparations to be able to leave town, it would be prudent to meet with Seneschal Jack as soon as possible.
    Lady Elizabeth Hall, of the line Nosferatu

OOC term

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

At the gentleman's invitation, Milton assumes the offered seat, settling himself quickly. He folds his hands on the table in front of him and regards the two, newly arrived Kindred with unassuming, yet curious eyes.

"Well then, allow me to welcome you both to the Domain, Madame Hall and Mr. Holden. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He listens, polite and silent, as Mr. Holden explains their errand. Notes the man's attention to the rest of Court. Milton is aware of the ever-watching masses, but does not afford them a look of his own. Instead, he keeps his attention on the two visitors.

"Oh yes, I could reach Seneschal Jack directly. And Ms. O'Ryan is an acquaintance. Her contact information will not be difficult to secure..." Though he stops short of committing himself to any action whatsoever. He's about to inquire as to the nature of the situation when the envelope is presented to him by Madame Hall. He looks from the object to the Haunt and back down again, his expression quizzical. Then, he opens it and begins to read, careful to keep it from any prying eyes.

How very intriguing... Worth, at least, looking into.

The Lord slides the paper back into the envelope, but does not return it to the Haunt just yet. His eyes drift from Mr. Holden to Madame Hall. "I must say, I am interested. Please, allow me to send a message to my compatriots. One moment..."

With an apologetic smile, Milton produces his cell phone and sends two messages: one to the Seneschal, one to Quinn Durant.

Messages sent, his attention returns to the pair of Kindred in front of him. "In the spirit of full disclosure, I must say that the 'heavy lifting' will not be within my skill set. But the other requirements suit my talents perfectly." Milton doesn't want them to get the wrong idea about the role he will play.

Of course, he has questions. Many questions. But now is not the time or the place. Instead, he waits to see their reaction. And for a response to his messages.

7. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor enters Elysium this night, turning in his pistol and knife as he enters. He is wearing a black suit with a red shirt and black tie. While scanning tonights crowd, the Haunt can't help but notice Mister Northbridge conversing with two well dressed Kindred he's never seen before, one of which seemed to hail from his own clan. With his heightened sense of hearing he picks up bits and pieces of the conversation and his interest piques at the mention that 'heavy lifting' will not be within Mr. Northbridge's skill set.

It's at this time that the Cockscombe decides to make his way over to the group, if for no other reason than to become acquainted to the new Nosferatu in the area. He knows Mr. Northbridge and the other two Kindred will be able to feel his beast as he approaches, so he waits until he comes into proper conversation distance before speaking. "Mr. Northbridge, good to see you tonight. I'd been looking for some time to converse with you more." He then looks to the other two briefly. "Might I inquire about your acquaintances this evening?" The haunt stands with his arms crossed behind his back, waiting for an answer from the Ventrue.

[spoiler=ooc] I will be replacing Alexander in this plot. [/ooc]
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

9. Likes liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton feels Connor's Beast the moment he speaks. His own inner monster recoils from the stronger predator. Instead of fleeing, he stands to greet the Haunt, forcing himself to face the threat head on.

"Mr. O'Brien, a pleasure as always." He turns to include Connor in the circle of their conversation. "May I introduce Mr. Connor O'Brien of the line Nosferatu, and member of the First Estate. Mr. O'Brien, this is Mr. Elijah Holden of the line Daeva and Madame Katrina Hall of the line Nosferatu. Also members, I believe, of the First Estate." Or so their accoutrements would suggest.

"If heavy lifting is a concern, I would say Mr. O'Brien may offer some assistance," he adds with a smile before resuming his seat. He indicates an empty chair to Connor with a nod of his head.

He does not offer the envelope to the Haunt just yet, waiting to see how their visitors will receive the new addition.

His phone buzzes several times and he takes it from his pocket again. "Excuse me," he says and taps out several replies, sending a new message to Maeve as well. "I have reached out to Ms. O'Ryan, per your request. It's my hope she will join us shortly."

Sorry for the double post. Wanted to get introductions out of the way so we can move forward.

11. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The Nosferatu Kindred nods to Milton. "Thank you for the welcome, Mr. Northbridge. Perhaps you can tell me more of the Northbridge Family in of the Boston Northbridges, at a later date? I am glad you can contact the Kindred that we were told of."

She gives Connor a nod as he arrives. As Milton takes over introductions, he is given a nod of thanks.
    "A pleasure to meet a Cousin, Mr. O'Brien. I am Katrina Hall, the childe of Lady Elizabeth Hall. My coterie mate is Mr. Elijah Holden, Soldier of the First Estate. "
    A lady like gesture to the table.
    "Please, join us."

"Thank you for the assistance, Mr. Northbridge." Mr. Holden addresses Mr. Northbridge.
    A polite glance to the Kindred moving past. Two Kindred ladies, one short and dark skinned in an expensive black dress and one tall and blonde in a stylish red dress lingered in superficial conversation. To overhear the conversation? Or perhaps they have their own emergency.
    "Perhaps you know of a more private location we could get to know one another better?" She proposes, looking between Mr. Northbridge and Mr. O'Brien.

"I am sure Madame Maeve will join us shortly." Mr. Holden responds.
    "As we wait, perhaps we could get to know one another." And not discuss the time sensitive misson?

"Our coterie has heard that the First Estate in Sacramento is doing quite well, for not being an Invictus Domain."

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

It took Maeve longer than expected for her to get over to Nox. It wasn't as if she didn't want to be there promptly, but everything seemed to be getting in her way, testing her patience.

She arrives a little disheveled, her blue hair a little bit frizzier than usual even as it sits up in a pony-tail. As she walks into the room, her black leather jacket almost catches on the door frame and she lets out a little bit of an annoyed huff. Walking in, she takes note of the others in the room, "Sorry I'm late," She says in a tone of semi-apology. Though, the universe was the one against her today.

"I'm Maeve O'Ryan, please feel free to just call me Maeve."

She looks around, trying to get the air of the room, "Did I miss anything?"

Maybe it is the annoyance that has been growing in her all day from constant mishaps, but she feels significantly hungrier than usual, her Beast ready to eat everyone in the room. Whoa. Calm there, Bessy. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slow, remaining composed as she gets used to the environment.
    | BP 2

14. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor offers the two newcomers a small bow, potentially representative of their position within the first Estate over him. "A pleasure to meet you, Madame Hall and Mr. Holden. I thank you for the introduction, Mr. Northbridge." He says before moving to take a seat.

Then the mention of heavy lifting from Mr. Northbridge. "Yes, I'm proficient in heavy lifting of a few sorts. Literal and metaphorical. I was intending to petition for the role of Soldier within the Domain myself, if it offers any indication." He says simply.

At the question of whether they have a more private place to talk, Connor shakes his head. "I would only be permitted to bring one of our present company to a location I know of, and even then it would be frowned upon I believe." He looks to Madame Hall as he speaks, knowing she would pick up on the location he speaks of.

Mr. Holden brings up the state of the First Estate within the Domain, and Connor latches on to it. "I would say the First Estate is doing well enough, for not being an Invictus Domain."

Just then his beast begins to surge unexpectedly, but is it beaten back down easily enough. He turns to face the disturbance and notices the tell-tale bright blue hair of Maeve. "And here Madame Maeve comes now."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

16. Likes , liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Of course," Milton replies to the Haunt's polite interest in his family. Not exactly excited to share that sordid tale, and not convinced she actually wants to know. "I'm happy to be of service," that bland smile is unwavering.

Milton inclines his head to acknowledge Mr. Holden's appreciation. Listening closely to the conversation.

"I may know of a location more suited to private conversation," he adds. "Once Ms. O'Ryan arrives, I will make an inquiry."

He does not comment on the state of the Invictus in the domain, as it is not his place. Yet. But he does attend to Connor's brief reply with interest.

Finally, Maeve appears. Looking...worse for wear. Milton suppresses the urge to frown. Or flee, given the strength of her Beast. Instead, he stands, smile fixed on his unremarkable face.

"Good Evening Ms. O'Ryan, thank you for joining us. Please, take my chair." He's left the envelope, containing a message addressed to both of them, in front of his empty place at the table.

"Allow me to introduce Mr. Elijah Holden of the line Daeva and Madame Katrina Hall of the line Nosferatu, members of the First Estate and recently arrived from St. Louis. Please take a moment to read over the contents of the envelope."

With that, he steps away to secure a chair from a nearby table, stopping to tap out another text. His message sent, he returns to their gathering, positioning the newly acquired seat across from Maeve.

He watches the shadow for a moment, curious as to what she will make of the contents of their visitors' message. "Might I ask," addressing Holden and Hall, "if you are comfortable with sharing your message," a nod to the envelope, "with Mr. O'Brien, once Ms. O'Ryan has completed her review. So we might all be on the same footing."

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread