Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord and Winter Thane had discovered they shared an interest in research and Fae nature. However, their discussions had provided Rhodes with a little more direction for his studies.

The Wyrdstone had been studied a little, certainly, but there could easily have been more mysteries to uncover.

The artifact itself stood with reverence on the table in the Autumn Hollow, several books already in place. It pulsed ever so slightly, a green tinge to it's hue while reflecting the gold and yellows of the leaves above in it's dark shades.

Rhodes himself was flicking through one such book, musing to himself. He was in his usual suit, although the jacket and tie were removed as a submission to the punishing california heat - Soon his guest would arrive.

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra arrives at the Autumn Hollow, a few notes in her pack. This is dual purposed as she needs to add the Funderland tunnel map to the library as well, Hedge gates noted where they are. Her hair is done in a long, loose braid over her shoulder and she's wearing a pair of white, ankle strap heels with a red, sleeveless wrap dress that accentuates her emerald eyes in contrast.

She walks into the Hollow, her heels clicking some as she walks further in, her eyes always scanning the shelves as if wondering if anything new had been added. "Hello, Rhodes" she greets with her airy, alto voice as she finds him with the table of books. The feeling of the Wyrdstone itself was unmistakable. It gives off this sensation of welcomeness when you are near it and during the Summer it gives off these beautiful hues. It reminds her of her own Polychromatic coloring at times.

As she draws closer, she can feel that chill of the Dread Lord's mantle, spinning leaves and whispers that are unintelligible. It's heavy compared to hers and while they mingle with her frozen breeze, that warmth and glow of the sun doesn't shine through quite as much. "How are you doing on this miserably scorching day?" Cassandra hates the heat. It doesn't just go complete opposite of her mantle, but legitimately, she hates sweating. She dislikes exercise for much the same reason, but she understands exercise is necessary for what she needs to be doing.

She is excited to study the Wyrdstone, however. It had been some time since their last true talk about it and she's been itching to get started. Now that she's here, she's ready to dive in. Well, after some pleasantries first, of course.

3. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Autumn looks up as she enters. "Ah! Excellent. Right on time. Come in, come in." He stands as she enters, gesturing to a seat opposite him. A smile splits hit pale face. "I am reasonably well-acclimatised to California summers. Ever since I returned, I have found a level of vivacity in the Summer seasons I rarely had before." A pale, long-fingered hand gestures to the vibrant leaves that seem to be flourishing. "Between that and a Mantle inclined for the cooler season I do better than most, but it is still punishingly hot. There is only so much style one can maintain in this weather." And wasn't that the true crime? A Smile offered to his guest. "For the gentlemen, of course. A fine-cut dress, as you demonstrate, can thrive in the stanchest heat." The compliment rolled easily like honey. "Tea? Or water, perhaps?" He gestures to the two options set on a separate table to the books.

Pleasentaries obliged, the Dread Lord offered Cassandra a large book, open at a page with a crude drawing of a Wyrdstone in it. "I have done some preliminary work. The success I have had is in discovering that the stone is not a unique item." He points to the offered book. "Other Wyrdstones exist, though all are exceedingly rare. Given they primarily serve a function better held by traditional pledges, they never came into common use, as you would expect. But they form from - and can be consumed by - the Hedge, making them only appear at the Wyrd's whims. For us, this has three consequences. First, and more unfortunately, fewer attempts have been made to study Wyrdstones or entice scholars into delving into anything further, so I do not have great hopes for more revealing existant research or records. Second, it is theoretically possible to find a second Wyrdstone for comparison.... although I have found only two references as to existing locations." He moves around to a second book, tapping the page. "Here, 'Jewels most Wyrd, for not their worth but scarcity, may be founde in the hordes of the Jormundr, greatest of Wyrm' - so, supposed Norse dragon-treasure." The Flowering waves a hand at an adjacent book. "The second isn't a Wyrdstone by name, but tells of the 'Lord of the Earth, whose bejeweled heart knoweth the truth of the loyalty of those sworne to hymm.' So.... Norse Legend and what sounds like... some Elemental True Fae. Neither are great options... and honestly? I do not yet know if there even are any benefits to possessing more than one."

Rhodes moves over to the table of drinks and sips from a half-drained glass of water. "Lastly, I believe this points us into the direction of more practical experimentation. Contracts of insight, testing with the Wyrd, documenting our results. BY all means we should also research, but I feel that would be our best avenue for discovering hidden qualities of the Wyrdstone. It also has the greatest capacity for something to go drastically wrong. Exciting though." The Flowering's face curls into his sinister smile.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

0 Scenes

Feel free to throw out some research rolls! Either the time consuming extended tasks, or the instinctive musings of single Occult rolls!

6. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Well, this is my Summer in Sacramento. Hard to believe it's already been near a year since I arrived."That does put things in a weird perspective, "Baltimore was a colder city. Maryland, when I was growing up, saw far more snow than it saw heat. It's changed a little in the last decade, but even still." She can't help but chuckle then, "I'm ever thankful for my choice in court during the Summer."

She looks down at her dress and smiles, "Well, thank you."She then thinks on tea or water. It's getting to the point where it is just getting too hot for tea. Well, most tea. "I'll take a water this time, thank you. Blasphemy, I know."

She takes the book from him, gazing at the Wyrdstone drawing inside and considering his words as he speaks. He brings up interesting points, probably the most important of which is the idea of finding a second Wyrdstone for comparison. That would be a best case scenario, a dream really, which means it is also unrealistic to hope for. As he goes on, how to possibly obtain one becomes even less realistic. No one wants to deal with the Fae and possibly endanger the Freehold for the sake of science.

Contracts of insight? "Is that a thing? I've never heard of contracts of insight. Or do you mean the Autumn one we had spoken of before? I know you have the ability to analyze via such a blessing. I agree though. With your analysis, we could work together to decipher meanings, glean from it what we can from what we know and then can find in the books. I would caution us care, of course. If things get too dicey, we might need to put it aside to start anew after more careful analysis of what might have gone wrong." And yet, the excitement of new discoveries does find its way into her veins. An Autumn quality of her, but then, we all have portions of each season within us.

She does start by considering what she does know and what she's read already, just to gather a base of any pointed knowledge. Things that should come to the forefront that might help them get started.

Occult - 1 Success

Cassandra is starting with a quick musing of what she naturally knows occult-wise to pull any relevant information from what she and Rhodes have discussed of the Wyrdstone thus far.

Figure we'd start there and from what Rhodes can get from his contracts they can both muse on possibilities and if they hit a roadblock perhaps hit the books?

8. Likes , Aeolus, Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes chuckles. "I know exactly what you mean. An unintended perk of vocation, but a perk nevertheless."

A simple shake of the head. "In this heat? I am sure you can be forgiven." Somewhere up overhead, the summer sun beat strongly through the heavy layer of Autumn leaves.

"Ah! The latter. Forgive me, a poor choice of words on my part. There may be others that are of use, but yes, Spellbound Autumn are usually my preferred tools of choice. It is not a rapid contract, often taking many hours, but you are welcome to observe if you wish." A smile split his lips. "Caution, yes. Our magic always has risks. But what is life without a little danger... without Fear?"

Looking back down, he checks his notes for any further initial thoughts.

2 successes

Sounds good to me!
    Saber Sloth My roll is also for initial intuition - I'll start on The Smith's Wisdom in the next post or so.

10. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

Rhodes, Dread Lord and premier occultist, knows his previous musings are sound.

For Cassandra, listening to Rhodes provides a niggling thought, wyrms, serpents, dragons. Different things for some, synonyms to others, and in relation to the Wyrdstone, that through line of connection screams in importance.

12. Likes , Xadun liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I would be interested in observing, but perhaps we can double our efforts if I take to the study and cross referencing while you examine? That would cover the most ground." That nagging thought swimming in her mind keeps eating at her as if it needs to get out.

She takes a long moment to think about it before saying, "You said something about a bejeweled heart, yes? If that text is old, do you think it meant it literally? I've found so often that pieces written were not meant to be seen as metaphor, but to be seen literally. You said it wasn't named as such, but if it was a Wyrdstone, could it be that it is something that comes from the heart of a dragon instead of simply the hoards they keep? That would drastically change the way you might look at it." There is something calculating in her emerald eyes, putting together pieces of a puzzle that may or may not be complete or even have the right pieces.

"If it were physically a part of a fae being, that makes it something more organic rather than an object." It was an interesting thought and of course, it could be on the complete wrong track, but that's what research is for. "I wonder if that's something you'd be able to see in your examination through Spellbound Autumn."

The Fairest looks at the spread of books, knowing that she'll have lots to go through and analyze, but she's curious on his thoughts first.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

(The Smith's Wisdom)Glamour 3 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Yes..... also making it much easier for one to conceal from the other. I am no fool, my dear.

Rhodes smiles. "And so it would. Very well, I can begin."

Slender fingers close one by one into a fist and out again, limbering.

"I do. I had also considered such. If the Lord of Earth was, say, an Elemental of stone I see no reason why the description could be literal. Indeed, seeing how our own stone pulses and moves makes it feel for more likely. Of course, magic... the Wyrd, especially, blurs the lines between such simple terms as "organic" and "inorganic". Am I flora, or fauna? Is someone like R'yleh or Vivian animal, or intangible concepts as darkness or air?" He shrugs. "The Wylds themselves seem to have a consciousness, a presence. I see no reason for it not to extend to natural formations borne of it. But! I will certainly endeavour to find if such connections are indeed there. Personally, I find the curiousity of our connections to it and each other more curious. Are they a form of magical sympathy? Or insufficient for such manipulations? All theories I am sure we would like the answers to."

5 successes

Rhodes moves back towards the Wyrdstone, Glamour pooling effortlessly in his hands and wreathing them in a soft orange-gold glow. He splays his fingers about six inches from the surface of the stone, and slowly tendrils of the light stretch from his hands and play delicately across the surface.

"An... unusual set of contracts compile those of the Spellbound Autumn," he says slowly, eyes not leaving stone in front of him. "This is one of the more potent abilities, known as The Smith's Wisdom. I recommend getting comfortable, however. This is - as I said before - a slow process."

Each roll takes 4 hours - I'm happy to keep chatting until we settle into the actual research montage

16. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The Glamour pools, the Clause sparks, and Rhodes, Dread Lord of Autumn utilizes the gifts of his Season. Long hours pile upon each other, and the Flowering's knowledge of the Wyrdstone grows. With what he had said previous, and what Cassandra had suggested being on his mind, this is the first thing he learns.

It is, in fact a heart. Mined from the petrified corpse of a long dead dragon.

I'm going to say for the extended, you'll need 5 rolls total, so 4 more to go.

18. Likes Xadun, liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread