Attempting to form a Cabal II
Aug 19, 2021 - Sep 22, 2021
Attempting to form a Cabal III
Sep 22, 2021 - Sep 29, 2021
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze tidies up and has a case of sealed bottles of water in the fridge, and not much else, to be honest. He figures he can wait until they get there and take orders for some pizzas if people are in the mood. He's got enough chairs set out in the living room area, which is a little cramped sharing space with the large, indoor pigeon coop.

Kaze's condo is a second floor walk up in a gated community called, 'Woodside' nearby the University of Sacramento. Inside the floor plan is spacious and airy with a private balcony and vaulted ceilings that make it feel open despite only being a 1 bedroom; 1 bathroom unit. The living room has two fairly nice oak chairs and two more padded, folding chairs set out with a coffee table in between. In one corner is a large cage holding a number of pigeons, 8 to be precise if one takes the time to count them. The cage is about five feet square and about four feet high, with boxes mounted inside for roosting pairs. The cooing of the birds is omnipresent though not particularly loud. A 55 inch flat screen television has been mounted up on the wall above the cage with a glass media shelf under it with a sound bar of speakers and a cable box and what looks like a camera aimed down at the cage.

There are stacks of books on the floor and on the counter of the kitchen area, and the bedroom itself has a high king sized platform bed with a desk underneath with a computer on it, and a swivel chair. Beside the bed, there is a padded mat on the floor and a wooden post with dowels projecting out that might be recognized as a kung fu training equipment, or just look like something for cats or maybe the pigeons. There is a holder on the bedroom wall for various staves and a set of two sheathed swords, one with about a three foot blade and another with about a two foot blade, both of them slightly curved.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal once again took an Uber to Kaze's. To make sure he'll need it he brought two bottles of dry white wine to their little get together - his earlier meeting with Eulogy showed that a little lubrication went a long way and he was sure that Guru wouldn't decline the offer either. He wanted this first meeting to have the best possible conditions (hence meeting at Kaze's), because he believed that the four of them could really do some great things together.

His outfit was fit for a productive summer day between soon to be besties. Plus, he pulled off the pink shorts surprisingly well. Looking around he didn't see any of the other Awakened around, so he just went straight to knocking at Kaze's door. "Guess who's ready and willing?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru wasn't the most punctual person at the best of times but the engine of his car rumbled up nearby s he took a spot that was available and dipped into his back seat real quick before pulling out a pan. For his part Guru was dressed casually, a pair of faded jeans and a baby blue t-shirt that hugged his frame.

2 successes

Guru had brought a lasagna to the meeting, he brought food to Consilium so why would he not bring something now. Difference was he put a little extra effort into it and there was a stove to keep it warm while they waited to eat. It wasn't baking so it wasn't what he was best at he could only hope it was decent. "Shit I do not think I could pull off those shorts but somehow you do. Think he's panic cleaning in there?" He couldn't help but laugh as they waited at the door for their host. "We expecting anyone else for dinner? I can say I definitely made enough."

6. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze comes to the door and opens it, inviting Crystal and Guru inside.

"Hey, thanks for coming. Wow. We're doing this, huh?" Kaze says, closing the door behind them as they enter.

"So yeah, sorry. I guess we're setting expectations right off, right? I got water bottles in the fridge, help yourself. I can order pizza when we're hungery." Kaze offers.

"You guys have been here before, so you know, like where the bathroom is. I got some chairs set up in the living room."

He smiles, "I guess Eulogy gets a folding chair. I actually don't know for sure if he's going to make it. I texted him, and didn't hear back. I hope he can make it."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

A marked taxi pulled up to Kaze's house and Mordechai exited. He was wearing his usual outfit and a wide beaming smile. He walked around the back of the cab and the driver opened the trunk. Eulogy pulled out three cellophane wrapped packages and made his way to the door.

Once inside an obviously very happy Mordechai spoke. "Oh Hi all. Hope I am not late. Had to wait forever for the cab. Anyway, I brought each of you a little something." He rummaged the packages around handed one each to the other mages. "Just little gift baskets, nothing special. Guru yours has a variety of chips from around the world, all sorts of interesting flavors I figured that might help stave off any midnight munchies you have.

"Kaze yours is a variety of green teas, and some biscuits, I think there is a mug in there too."

"And for Crystal, Fancy cheeses. I don't know why but when I think of you I think, that guy likes a fancy cheese." Mordechai said with laugh. His mirth was cut off when a thought struck him. With a look of horror he asked "You aren't lactose intolerant are you?"
    • Member of the Caretakers.

10. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru's laugh was indeed infectious. Crystal was glad that Kaze was able to get him here - now they needed to seal the deal. "Why thanks. I'm trying, you know? You're not too shabby yourself." The thought of Kaze cleaning frantically made the Mastigos chuckle again. "I think he is, although I'm also sure that it never was that bad to begin with. Tidiness is next to godliness and all that. Mordechai wanted to come too - is that a lasagna?" He hoped that Eulogy wasn't a surprise to Guru, that would have been awkward.

He offered Kaze a hug as a greeting and entered. "Yeah, I guess we're doing this. I've brought wine and our friend here brought something to eat so I guess those bases are covered. That's teamwork for you!" Frankly, he was a bit excited - although there was nothing to lose here. Either they'd see eye to eye or they wouldn't.
    After putting the bottles of wine in the fridge Crystal sat down in one of the chairs. "I hope so too - he doesn't seem to be tardy, but what do I know."

As if on cue Mordechai arrived, dapper as ever. And he brought gifts? Really thoughtful gifts, to boot. "Wow, you shouldn't have thanks. No, I'm nothing of the sort - only good genes here. Thank you!" This was starting off very well indeed.

He waited for everyone to settle down and get their introductions done with before addressing the room. "First I'd like to thank Kaze for having us and you guys for coming. What do you think, should we get right to business or eat something first while indulging in some small-talk?" Hopefully Kaze wouldn't be cross with him taking charge, but he couldn't remember being that excited for something since.. well, since his unfortunate three-date-series a few months back.

12. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru honestly couldn't remember if he'd mentioned Eulogy was coming, he thought he remembered something about it not being for him to reveal? Whiskey will do that though. While the surprise was evident on his face it was a pleasant surprise. "Shit this is just grabbing what was readily available. Yea. I can't really imagine his place is ever a mess. And you sire have a most astute nose. It'll need to go in the oven for a bit before its ready but it should be good."

He followed Crystal in as Kaze opened the door and began about pizza Guru just lifted the pan and walked over to Kaze's stove like it was his own, making sure everything was clear and Kaze wasn't a crazy person who kept magazines in his stove. He laughed to himself, starting to preheat the oven. Crystal reminding him he hadn't said anything yet. "Oh shit, uh, yea, I made a lasagna. I just gotta reheat it, I didn't figure you all would wanna wait a few hours for food. If it's a red wine it should go well with dinner."

Turning around and offering his hands in namaste as his gift was presented. "Thanks buddy I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a treat. Oh man, I hope there are wasabi peas in there." He couldn't help but smile as he turned his watch toward him and set a timer for the lasagna, not able to help but smirk as they spoke of lactose intolerance. Though once the lasagna was settled and gifts were tucked away for the moment he'd offer his usual hugs in greeting for those who wanted them before he took up post against the wall eyes occasionally glancing at this watch. "Can always inter-mingle the two, I always find business is better with food and wine anyway. Might as well start the first bottle before dinner."

14. Likes Aeolus, , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins at the interactions among his...friends? Prospective Cabal mates anyway.

"Thanks! That's really thoughtful, Eulogy!" Kaze says to the Mortician as he presents his gifts.

"Yeah, well full disclosure, I've been wanting this for a long time, but..." He smiles when Crystal hints at his impatience and subtly suggests settling in for comfort food and some getting acquainted before hard core negotiations. "...if I've waited this long, a little longer won't hurt."

He looks around. "Bathroom's over there. I'm a total bachelor jock, so even though I cleaned up a little...yeah, help yourself." Kaze grins, indicating the kitchen to Guru in case he needs the oven or stove or any of the other obviously unused appliances in there. The fridge itself barely has anything in it.

16. Likes , Aeolus, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai gave a sigh of relief as Crystal confirmed there was no fear of allergies. "Oh good. Glad to hear it. He nodded as Crystal thanked Kaze and added his own thoughts on the matter. "Yes I agree, Thank you Kaze for having us over for this, hopefully first of many, meeting. He paused then added thoughtfully "You know, that is the first time I think that I ever referred to you with your nom de guerre." He shrugged.

"The gifts are really nothing. just a small token. I think Guru said something about wine? If so I am in for a glass." he said with in a cheeky voice.

Turning to Kaze he listened to the layout of the place and said "You have a very lovely home. Very comforting atmosphere. I can see it being very relaxing to live here."

When he finished with the pleasantries Mordechai waited patiently, looking to take a que from the others and following along with them.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

18. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"White wine, I'm afraid. But those rules are for suckers anyway." The day was too warm for heavy reds, sue him. "So yeah I'm afraid well have to wait a few more minutes for the wine, unless you're down to drinking it piss-warm." Then again, some rules really weren't made to be broken.

Dang, seems like everyone else is fine with small-talk - the opposite of what Crystal wanted to achieve by asking rhetorical questions. Ugh. He got up again, brought the gifted cheese with him to keep that in the fridge and took out a bottle of wine. "Hey Kaze, where are your paper towels and the freezer?" A wet paper towel wrapped around the bottle would speed up the cooling down - that's applied sciences for you. Crystal was pleasantly reminded of his time at college, at least of some of the house parties. While he was working he did his part to move the chit chat along. "By the way: congratulations Morde for your new position! I didn't expect you to go ahead that quickly with it, but I always took you for a real go-getter." Even with him facing the sink the grin in his voice was apparent.

With the bottle wet and wrapped he could put it in the freezer (or back into the fridge). Wine would be ready in a few that way.

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread