(Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor listens intently to what Helen has to say before speaking up again. "I agree about actions speaking louder than words... to a point, your actions will mean nothing if you can't weave in and out of the various social circles within court, you will always have nay-sayers who will talk down on you and your family. Granted, you may have those people anyway; Mr. Heinrich as an example."

The haunt pauses for a moment, thinking on whether to even comment on Helen's claim of physical prowess. "It isn't about being formally trained, it's about survival. I fought scrappers back in the day who could give me a run for my money. If what you say is true, you have as much claim as I do on that point." While this may hurt his chances at getting voted in to whip, he believed it also showed that he doesn't lie to family, at least not here.

"As for allies. The Priscus having allies does not mean that WE as a family have allies. While I doubt Priscus Durant would turn her back on her ally's clan, it isn't an impossibility. I did see you talking to Seneschal Jack during my first court in the domain, that is a powerful ally if he can be secured; I'll admit that talking to him more is on my to-do list."
    He laces his fingers in front of himself as he continues. "I do agree with most everything you've stated tonight, I won't be upset in any way should you win. As for why I want the position. I view it as a way to prove myself to the family and to the domain as a whole, a 'trial by fire' of sorts. For most of the other reasons, it doesn't really matter who gets it, as long as they're competent." He unlaces his fingers and makes a small open gesture with his hands. "As for this being a preliminary August meeting, it was one of the things on my agenda for this meeting, it just took longer than I anticipated to get passed it, but I agree that we should move on unless anyone has any other questions."

The haunt listens as Helen speaks on the Kowalsics. "I think as a whole, we showed strength during the... event. It will be hard for anyone to say we didn't face the humiliation with grace. That is what it was though, a humiliation not just of Mr. Kowalsic, but of the Nosferatu clan as a whole. The term 'Kowalsic' may very well be used against us when it comes to our status in Court, no matter how close we were to them. As far as lost assets; I can't speak on that... the court of his punishment was our first meeting."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer watches those speaking, actively tracking their points. She made a few observations. The Nosferatu was glad that the arguing seems to have passed. The brunette glanced to the quiet Bellemy. The Lady was pleased that the events of last Court were on the table now.
    “Mr. Kowalsic was an elder of considerable power. He had a great many allies in the mortal sphere and numerous ghouls. It is said it was a ghoul army. Losing his ability to influence the police is likely the biggest blow to losing him. Yet we can regain ground. Those of us in this room should work to reclaim the mortal influence.” She looked around at the Nosferatu.
    “Do you currently have a mortal sphere you are working on cornering? It would be wise to not compete with one another.
    It would be good to salvage these before the vultures swoop in.”
    She nods to Helen.

QuoteQuote:
    "As for allies. The Priscus having allies does not mean that WE as a family have allies… I did see you talking to Seneschal Jack during my first court in the domain, that is a powerful ally if he can be secured; I'll admit that talking to him more is on my to-do list."
    “This is very important. We all must speak to important Kindred in the Domain, yet in a way that they find value from the conversation.”
    Jennifer looked around the room “Speaking with the Seneschal is a great idea for Connor. Has anyone met with Priscus Durant? Or the leader of the Lance, Conner Wells.”
    A look to Bellemy. “How have you found Maeve?”

Jennifer speaks to all in the room. "We must project our Family as a united front. It is vital that you create allies among Kindred, who can help our standing."
    Jennifer paused here a moment. "There is the slight issue that Mr. Wells and Maeve may still be out of favor. Obviously, the recent Court has moved us to the forefront of everyone's lips. It might be good to pinpoint the next Reeve and Deputy." She looks around the room, having not declared exactly who she suspected they would be. She wanted to hear what they thought.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt looks at his watch, and noting the time decides that the rest of the meeting can wait until they meet in August. He bids everyone a good night and heads off to his sleeping quarters, allowing the others to disperse in their own time.

Going to go ahead and close, only 3 days left and the August meeting has already started.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread