(Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor finds himself waking in his sleeping chambers in the Necropolis, the events of the last formal court still fresh in his mind. He dresses down tonight, wearing a white tee shirt and blue jeans as he doesn't plan to leave the necropolis. There's too much on his mind, and not enough time in the night to process it. He moves to the seating area just outside the Caldarium, which he had also been spending some time on, and takes a seat, simply waiting to see who shows up; No theatrics, just him, waiting.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Deep in the bowels of the Catacombs, Jennifer had spent the evening tending to keeping certain areas clear. Some places needed to be confusing and suggest a labyrinth to any enemies who would penetrate the Necropolis. As the time approaches, Jennifer emerges from the darkness.
    She walks with a quiet composure, though somber. She wears a green tunic length dress shirt and black slacks, with black flats that were suitable for navigating the catacombs and areas of the Necropolis.

"Mr. O'Brien." The Nosferatu's Cursed voice slithers like a serpant through dead leaves. She calmly walks to an appropriate speaking distance.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The haunt lifts his head at Jennifer's voice, a light returning to his eyes as his thoughts trail back from quiet contemplation. "Priscus, I hope your night finds you well. Please, take a seat if you like, hopefully the others will be by later tonight. If not, at least I tried." There was the smallest amount of venom behind his worss as he finished speaking. What good would being Whip be if his clanmates would not even acknowledge a request to meet.

He reels his small outburt back in, replacing it with a small, albeit forced, smile. "What did Kowalsic do, Priscus? I know what was said in court, but what was the breach? How did he bring our family under scrutiny?" His voice didn't carry his normal calm tone, instead it was replaced with confusion, possibly a bit of fear.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

6. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

The Nosferatu looks around the Caldarium, noting that it was looked after. Concrete benches sit along the wall, while dim lighting sets the mood. There is a peace here that goes deeper than the appearance of the room. The pure water of the pool glistens serenely. "This looks nice." She commented, taking pleasure in the small things.
    "Yes, I appreciate your efforts, Mr. O'Brien."

As he brings up the crime... she sits upon the bench. If Jennifer could have sighed, she would. She gestures for Connor to sit with her.
    She takes a moment, removing her sensible flats and stretching modestly along the bench to place her feet into the dream - like pools of water. Jennifer looks into the inviting water for a moment, organizing her thoughts. She then looked directly at Connor.

"I would call it a crime of pride, Cousin. Something that was kept private for a reason, to not tarnish the image of the Invictus. Mr. Kowalsic is known for investigating Masquerade Breaches. It was rumored he even killed a Kindred who broke the Traditions. Mr. Kowalsic called Mr. Heinrich to lead a group of Kindred to find a witness and close a breach. Take care of the situation. As it all shook out, Mr. Heinrich had been lied to about who was seen breaking the Masquerade.
    A lot of this is second hand - heard from someone who was buttoning up the situation to prevent witnesses from spiraling. The worst crime is a crime that a mortal witnesses and prepares to disseminate to the public. Yet somehow it was compounded by blaming someone else for the Breach. Her Grace, the Duchess, Priscus of the Daeva and Archon of Sacramento was who Mr. Kowalsic accused of his own crime of being seen feeding outside of a Nightclub." She paused here, studying his face for how he took the news.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you, Priscus." The Cockscombe replies, looking around the Caldarium as well. It wasn't where he wanted it to be yet, but it was a start. Some of the concrete benches had cracks that needed repaired still, and there was some basic cleaning that needed done. To him it resembled Greek ruins to a degree in it's current state of repair. "I'm glad you appreciate the effort. It's difficult being ignored in court, especially when it's followed by the Kowalsic event. But to have an invitation ignored not once, but twice? It's disheartening when I think of a family that can't come together at a time like this."

Connor does as is gestured for him to do. He takes a seat on another bench near Jennifer, hoping his curse wasn't too much for his Priscus at the moment, and removes his running shoes and socks before dipping his own feet into the pools of water. It as relaxing to a degree, and would probably be more so if he were Kine. He listens intently as Jennifer recounts the events that led to the banishment and flaying of Mr. Kowalsic. His face shows troubled thoughts developing behind his eyes; Mr. Kowalsic was respected, had he told the truth his reputation may have been tarnished, but for the most part his violation may have been swept under the rug... at least for his first offence. He wills his undead lungs to draw breath and releases an audible sigh.

"I'm putting my name in for the position of Whip."
    He says after a few moments of silence. "We need one more than ever now, especially with the scandal brought upon us. I've spoken with Helen already, but I'm not entirely sure she can look passed the fact that I am Invictus to consider voting for me. Overall, her views on the Domain concern me." He looks into the crystal clear water of the pool, making small splashes with his feet every now and again. Perhaps a small fountain in the middle. He hears in his mind as he allows it to wander for a moment.
    The Vanishing:

10. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"One thing can be fixed right away." She pulled out her burner phone (the one she wouldn't be upset if it fell in the pool or got some water on it) and placed a phone call. Conner heard Jennifer's side of the conversation as someone picked up. "Hello cousin. You did get the invitation to meet tonight?" A short pause."Ah, the invitation did not reach you. We should be close to you - at the meeting place in our shared home, where the family meeting was.
    Listen to yourself for I shall hang up my Cloak.
    We look forward to seeing you."

Jennifer hung up and simultaneously dropped her Cloak. BP 2
    "Madame Bellemy's invitation did not reach her, but she is en route." A pause. "Its quite rude that Alexander and Helen did not seem fit to respond to your invitation."
    Jennifer slips the phone away and now focuses on Connor. She is open in her scrutiny, studying his expression.
    "Your efforts have not gone unnoticed. I think your plan to put yourself in for Whip is a good one. You are making the effort and are not overly emotional. I do apologize for not warning you about Mr. Kowalsic - it was discussed in the past Nosferatu Meeting that you arrived just after.
    I have some annoyance that some of the Family has not made their thoughts known on how they view others of our Family. We likely have a moment before Bellemy arrives.
    Yet you seem to have some concerns. I offered to be your sponsor in the Invictus. I wish to encourage you in all aspects of your Danse as you establish yourself here. Is there a way I can assist you?"
    She poses. Honest, direct. She did not shade any deflection or dishonesty.
    "Share."

12. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There are two things that happen nearly simultaniously: the first being a small smile forming on the haunt's lips, the second being a sudden lurch from the beast, enough that Connor physically lurches forward on his bench, almost falling off and into the pool. Fighting his beast time and time again is starting to take its toll on the haunt, and sooner rather than later there may be a problem. For now though, it is beaten back and he slides back up on his bench. "Apologies for the outburst, it was just unexpected. It is good to hear that Madam Bellemy will be joining us though. Helen answered my first call, and I made my intentions known. I invited her again more as a formality than an expectation."

He then focuses his attention back on his Priscus. "You don't need to apologize for not warning me about what was going to happen. I just wanted the whole story so I could begin thinking of ways to mitigate the damage to our reputation. As for concerns, Miss Kingsley seems to think that there is favoritism amongst the court, that the fact that all of the court and most priscii are Invictus has some greater meaning than the fact that there are just more of us than any other covenant. She feels we should take a vote on whether we even need a Whip before taking the vote for Whip. I tried to explain to her in no uncertain terms what having all of our rules entailed, but I'm not sure that information made its way passed the face that I am another Invictus, vying for a title. I believe she said I was aiming for the role of Whip to make myself appear more 'grown up' to the other Invictus. While I may simply being paranoid, I believe her idea that the Invictus is a giant boogeyman may come back to bite us."
    The Vanishing:

14. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"No need to apologize." Jennifer assures. She did always Cloak her Beast.

Jennifer frowned somewhat.
    "A vote on if we need a Whip? I said that the Family should choose one. So they should."
    Straight forward. Her lip pressed into a line as she considered. Then she continues.

"I'm going to be frank with you, because despite your considerable Curse, I believe you can be trusted.
    I have the bare minimum ability to defend myself. My first instinct is to Snarl and frighten someone away or Cloak. I'm involved in two investigations. It's possible I might be injured or simply unavailable in a Domain emergency. There must be a clear second in command.
    Did Helen actually say that outright?
    Honestly, if I was just appointing people because Invictus do whatever the fuck we want, I likely would have appointed someone last meeting."

She's a bit cross.

"I'm tired of hearing this is an Invictus Domain. How many outside of the Invictus are bound by Blood oath? None. How many seem to complain without understanding how little freedom they would enjoy in an Invictus Domain? I might ask Priscus Durant to share with Helen how an Invictus domain works. The Mekhet priscus is the Grand Wyrm, perhaps she'll pull more weight by not being Invictus."
    Jennifer is speaking with some annoyance in her tone. She speaks in a normal volume, making no effort to hide her words.

"More Grown Up."
    Jennifer clearly stated with disdain.

16. Likes liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor eyes Jennifer for a minute, almost caught off guard by the aggression she's showing. It isnt the first time he'd seen it, but its still somewhat unsettling to say the least. "She said it was the feeling she got. I will admit I took a somewhat agressive approach to my 'campaigning,' as she put it, but she said 'you don't blame some outsider might think that arriving at a town last and going straight for the opening we just learned about after one talk with the Priscus and meeting the other Nos head-on while already fully in campaign mode might make it look as if that guy, who happens to belong to a group of folks who have a real hard-on for titles, tries to secure one for himself so the other titled folks can start to treat him as a grown-up.' Pretty clear what her thoughts are on the matter." He returns his eyes to the clear pools of water they had their feet in. "She is family and I don't want to harm family, but if I must knock her into torpor for the good of the family and the domain, I will. I just want to warn you ahead of time, should things get heated at the meeting. She needs to understand that the Invictus is more than fancy titles and status. I say this because I want you to understand that I will never lie to you about possibilities or my intentions for matters of family. We may be Kindred, but truth can go much further than lies in some instances. If things look like they may go south, I humbly suggest that you, as our Priscus, let it play out... for it may be the only way Miss Kingsley and I find even footing. Should any punishment come from it, let it fall on me and not her." He turns his gaze back to Jennifer, hoping she understands where he is coming from.

18. Likes liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

It was a matter of mere moments before Bellemy rounded the corner. Tonight the haunt was wearing a corseted top with ribbon laces and a long flowing skirt looking a tad overdressed for the heated pool. The hideous vampire came unveiled, face open for all to glimpse. Bellemy noted the rooms occupants, If any of the conversation was overheard Bellemy made no mention of it but instead made a formal curtesy of respect to Jennifer. "Apologies Cousin for my inadvertent tardiness." It was always best to avoid the perception of a slight, especially when one was not intended. Turning toward Connor Bellemy nodded and spoke "Hello Cousin, How does this night find you?"

The quiet creature moved with wisps of fabric to sit on a bench close enough to the others to keep the conversation comfortable. If the heat bothered the haunt, Bellemy did not show any outward sign. "Might I ask cousins, is there a purpose to this meeting or is it more of a social occasion?"

Curse: See Minisheet

20. Likes , liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread