Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
PrP TRoS The Scop's Tale

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward made a copy of the boat's numbers on his phone, but otherwise did not outwardly react to any of the messages.
    Edward's eyes rested on Casper, but no words were spoken. The situation was well in hand.

OOC: just rolling in advance

2 successes

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor takes a seat near Addy, his cousin that should be watched. He lays a hand on Addy's shoulder in what could be perceived as a form of reassurance, but in reality it is just so he has the time to react should Addy try to stand. Discerning lies wasn't the Cockscombe's strong suit, so instead he would just be the muscle here.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at Lady Hazelton's spoken question to him. "'peared the leader could somehow. He pointed at me right before the other guy shot." Dirt Nap confirms.

He takes time to write in detail on the notebook a full description with perfect recall of each person he saw at the boats and their activities and distinguishing characteristics. He hands this directly to Jennifer.

Apologies to the Story Teller; I believe it was established in the previous scene that Dirt Nap memorized this information, but not exactly what it was: descriptions, specific distinguishing characteristics, and who was doing what. Raiders vs apparently captive Nosferatu, etc.

Dirt Nap stares at Addy, expecting the others to watch the captive.

6. Likes liked this post

Dane took a breath, then paused as if to think of where to begin.

“It’s complicated but the simplest explanation of why I joined you is because the leader of the group I was part of, Erle Ingridsdottir, has gone insane. Your arrival presented an opportunity to leave without Geir capturing me immediately and using the power of his blood to manipulate my memories to relieve me of my doubts.” His gaze is steady in the face of Jennifer’s snakelike demeanor, she can feel the beast behind his grey-blue eyes. Though his eyes did go to the untrustworthy haunt staring at him from across the table for a moment before he spoke next.

“Which I suspect he’ll do to the Kindred we captured during the raid.” His eyes quickly moved back to his interviewer.

“That’s what it was. A raid. Will said that the coterie was made of Lancea Sanctum and Invictus. That they were rich and had a herd but not a lot of fighters and,” he paused “Not important enough for the Sacramento locals to mount a response if they suddenly all disappeared. Erle kept saying it would be a new Lindisfarne and the beginning of the third age.”

“Will found out where and when they were meeting to gather their herd and feed. Geir and Erle went in with the Kine with the plan to Dominate one of the coterie into attacking the others. The rest of us guarded the door to start gathering up the herd to take them to the boats and to prevent escape.”

He was holding very still other than talking, watching her for her reactions. Maybe listening to the other Kindred to see how they were taking the story.

2 successes

“By the time we’d gotten the Kine into their cars, they’d broken into some kind of safe room. Killed everyone inside except the woman. Geir was busy mesmerizing her to follow orders but Erle knew that someone had gotten out,” A twitch in Addy’s direction but nothing more “She said she’d take the herd to the boats, while the rest of us gathered as many valuables as we could before any cavalry came.”

He risked the barest hint of a smile. “You showed up right as we were finishing.”
    1 success

Edward and Jennifer

Jennifer

Addy’s fists clenched as Dane told the a possible story of what had happened.

2 successes

“He’s not telling us everything,” he murmured “Trying to make himself look better.”

8. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

(+3 to roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Milton listens closely to Dane's tale. He attends to the tone of his voice, his choice of words, the hesitations, the physical cues.

He is not so much interested in telling if the stranger is telling the whole-cloth truth. Every story is a web of truth and lies. Honesty and fiction. No, he is much more interested in the portions of the story where Dane is particularly careful, where he is obviously treading softly. These are the points where pressure can be applied.

2 successes

When Addy pipes up, Milton shoots him a cold look. It's a performative gesture, helped by the fact that the Haunt's curse renders him rather distasteful. In truth, Milton is quite sure that Addy is correct. Their captive is putting the best shine on events, trying to present himself as guiltless in the whole affair. Milton would certainly do the same if he were sitting in that chair.

Bland eyes return Dane. Milton spreads his hands expansively and begins to speak. His tone is measured, even conciliatory.

"I apologize for my colleague's outburst," referring to Addy. "He is clearly upset by the events of the evening, as I am sure you can understand. After all, you are a reasonable fellow, I can tell that by your willingness to parley with us. And I assure you that we appreciate that you are forthcoming in this regard."

A pause.

"But, I must tell you, you have been party to a grave breach of the laws laid down by the Prince of Sacramento, Her Grace Alessandra Antinori. The Prince is fair. She is, like you, reasonable. But she is also quite unforgiving when it comes to those who flout her authority. At present, it is very difficult to distinguish you from those you have abandoned in this regard. And, given that you cannot be properly set apart from them, it is very likely you will share in their punishment."

Milton shakes his head ruefully at the very thought. He fixes a sympathetic gaze once more on Dane.

"I urge you, sir. For your own sake: be wholly honest with us. Provide the truth, unvarnished. Further, provide us information on your former compatriots. For instance, where are they heading now that their errand is complete? Where will be able to find them? The more assistance you provide, the better the outcome for you." This is likely not the truth. But what is a lie to a creature who's fate is already sealed?

Milton has poured all of his persuasive abilities into this little speech, willing himself to make an argument that might sway Dane to supply further information on the attack and on the attackers themselves. It remains to be seen whether his efforts will prove fruitful.

And if not, there are other ways to skin a vampire.

1 success

Please note: I wrote "subterfuge" in the dice roller instead of "persuasion" (which is the correct skill in this instance). However, Milton has the same dots in both skills, so the dice pool is correct.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer glances to the Kindred with her, taking stock of the situation. Who was watching Addy and who was watching the prisoner? The hand on Addy’s shoulder earned Connor an approving look. The Nosferatu glances to Edward’s use of the phone, before focusing on Dirt Nap’s careful descriptions of the attackers. The scholar studies this account for a moment, committing it to memory and giving the impression that she was unbothered by the prisoner. When she had finished it, she tears this piece of paper and tucks it directly in an inner pocket. No clever sleight of hand could whisk it away while the notebook made its rounds. Time was on their side. Did the raiding party have havens set up nearby? She doubted it. A boat was no place to meet the sun.

“Curious.” She states to Dirt Nap. Damn right concerning and off-putting was what it was. It suggested this European was a skilled occultist or naturalist, or perhaps a master of the art of becoming animals. Something for the team to discuss when they had two less pairs of eyes on them.
    Her attention flicks to a notification set to an important Domain official. Checking her text, she hits a quick response.
    “Mr. Heinrich, would you mind moving one of the cars so another can pull into the garage. We have incoming.”
    A key fob for the garage door was passed to Edward, for she expected Seneschal Jack would be arriving momentarily. It wasn’t ideal to have a Daeva leave, yet Mr. Northbridge and Mr O’Brien were both occupied.

At the end of her sentence, she studies the prisoner. She had seen the command given earlier, and had no intention of freely offering her direct gaze. Yet she was confident in the team with her.

Written notes in her notebook

The notebook is casually passed to Milton, trusting he could read her notes and continue to pass it along and avoid the untrustworthy ones from seeing it.

At Addy’s contribution, she nodded to him as though he had stated a simple truth. Kindred lie. They stole blood to survive. A fair bit of deception was expected in any account.
    Jennifer listens to Milton’s clever tactic. She gives no indication now, wishing to suggest to the others that they are old hands in this interrogation. She makes a mental note. As Milton finishes, she waits several beats for the gravity of his words to take effect.

Then she leans into her Cursed voice, speaking with calm confidence. The air of someone used to being obeyed, an Invictus Lady. Jennifer leans in slightly and lowers her voice a bit, letting the full supernatural nature of her voice sound like a snake on dead grass.
    “My collegue is correct. It is best to answer honestly and to the full extent of your Knowledge."

She emphasizes her arms with a slow extension in front of her on the table. Then a tightening of her knuckles, using menancing body language as she continued.
    "If you are hiding something, it will not go well for you."

6 successes

The Nosferatu stared at the prisoner confidently.
    “Do you have any tracking devices on you or implanted? If you have any devices, place them on the table. Slowly.”
    Jennifer hopes the request is out of left field enough to throw him off. What could he be forgetting? How did it relate to Addy – if at all? Jennifer indicates Addy to Dane with a controlled gesture of an open palm in a lady - like manner.
    “Have you ever encountered him before this evening? Or to your knowledge, has he been brought under the submission of any Blood Gift?”

"Ingridsdottir is from what lineage, specifically? I did recognize what I saw this evening.
    Describe to me where he is weakest. No doubt, you have no intention of being at his mercy.”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Dane's story struck something deep within Edward. Something he wanted to hide.
    4 successes

He had no reaction to the words of the others until Jennifer addressed him. "Not at all, if you will excuse me." Edward rose, key-fob in hand, and left to vacate space in the garage.

He would then wait there as sentinel until Jacque arrived.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

To Connor, omission of truth is the same as lying, and this is not a time for the captured Kindred to lie. His beast urges him to step forward and force Dane to know fear in the face of his captors, but it is beaten back deftly. He remains where he is, hand on Addy's shoulder, until his Priscus deigns the use of more forceful tactics necessary.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches closely, memorizing what is said and what is written in the communal, passed notes.

He stares hard at the prisoner, though in reality no more so than he does at each speaker in their turn.

He seems to be committed to observing rather than interjecting in the others tactics to extract information from their prisoner, and perhaps from Addy as well.

18. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn't long before a black Cadillac SUV arrived, backing into the garage in the newly vacated space. The passenger and driver windows were tinted to 70%, allowing Edward to see Jack and Twist as the occupants. All of the windows beyond those were tinted too dark to see anything. Once the garage was closed, Jack stepped from the vehicle and approached the Incubus. Jack had been here once before, but rather than bypassing Edward, he chose to allow him to update or guide as he saw fit in this moment. "Good evening."

He noticed that Edward was not blushed, which must have meant the attackers were Kindred.*

*Unless this was a continuation of another scene where you all were blushed, I didn't see anyone blush in this scene. If Edward is actually blushed, Jack would see that and also blush before being brought in. Jack has his cell, a burner phone, his trench coat on top of his normal classy attire/expensive accessories. There's also a stake in the rear storage area.

Blood Hunt:

20. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread