Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

One would think that kneeling in a locked room with blood dripping from your arms while surrounded by monsters would be an experience to be avoided. But in the Lancea Sanctum, for Kindred of the night, this was an unavoidable necessity for those who would advance through the ranks. It was a blessing amongst the forever curse the Kindred lived with. And for Conner Wells, it was the next, long awaited step in his journey within his new Covenant home.

"And do you, Conner Wells, swear to uphold the Testament and its precepts, so that upon Final Death you may give your account with joy at the last great day?"

The Presbyter read through the last of the many vows to be taken of any Kindred of office within the Sanctum. Affirmations of the Testament, of personal devotion, and of service to the Sanctum and its own. The answers were all the same, though it had taken years for Conner's
    "I do" to be more than a rote statement.

"I do".

The Presbyter nodded solemnly. "Then by the power vested in me by the Testament and the Lancea Sanctum, I welcome you, Pastor Wells, into the fold." Standard practice at this point was to direct the viewing congregation to prayer; but tonight the ceremony was held not in the sanctuary, but in the Presbyter's office. The only witness between Priest and Presbyter being a tall, well-muscled woman in with white hair and piercing eyes, face set in a stoic forbearance. "Let us pray." Heads were bowed, and Conner's eyes closed as he sent his own prayer upward in his thoughts. God. I don't know where I'm supposed to go from here. But you have brought me this far. I trust your mercy and your justice. Give me the strength to follow through. And so two voices, one aloud and one in the mind, ended with "Amen".

Conner rose, and accepted the Presbyter's handshake.
    "God bless you Childe." The handshake was notably brief, and he did not offer the same gesture to the woman with them, merely folding his hands and giving a low nod of respect. The woman followed suit, then turned to leave. "Come Conner." Conner offered once last nod to the Presbyter, then followed his Sire out of the church office.

The two of them entered Rowan's Haven; a Spartan two-bedroom apartment she and her Childer occupied when not out in the night, delivering righteous fury to those who thought that Shadows offered more mercy than God. Rowan directs Conner to sit at the two-chair table they'd shared for the past few years; in study, in debate, in debrief. "We must be brief. You will have the morning to rest, but then your next assignment begins."

Rowan's sense of urgency was expected, a comfort even. But Conner wasn't sure what to expect. "What would that be? The Presbyter didn't mention anything about working with another parish in the city."

Rowan shook her head. "That's because you won't be. At least not here. You will be leaving for Sacramento."

Conner's head swam with questions and anger. Sacramento had brought him nothing but pain; stripped him of everything he'd loved. "Go back? But why? The Sanctum has no presence in Sacramento, you've said so yourself. Besides, why would I leave now? The investigation...

"IS BEING HANDLED!" Rowan bares her teeth, her normally taciturn voice booming with authority and tempered rage. Conner realizes too late he'd risen out of his chair with his outburst, and slowly sits back down."Or have you forgotten the circumstances of your Embrace, Conner? Do not assume my word is worth that of the grinning hyenas in Court. I will be continuing our investigation in your absence." Her expression softens just slightly, her voice firm but not unkind. "You must remember. The Sanctum is your family now. Yours to protect; yours to serve; yours to grow. You are correct: Sacramento has had no Lancea presence for several years now. But there are forces here moving to see it restored; forces that would see it serving the will of Kindred over the will of God." Conner winced internally, he knew better than to ask of whom she meant. "I won't let the Lancea Sanctum become a glorified shadow cabinet for those ivory tower bastards! Besides, there is another reason for sending you there instead of another."

Conner perked up. He hadn't considered that a new priest would be chosen as opposed to a more veteran Pastor or even a Presbyter. Rowan pulls out two envelopes from a letter-holder on the table. "There is someone in Sacramento who can help you. She isn't of the Sanctum, but she is well-positioned in the Court as well as the Dragons. She is also your Kin..." Conner's eyes widened. "Kin? You have Childer in Sacramento?" Rowan's eyes snapped back to Conner, and he returned to silence. "She will teach you what I could not: how to maneuver the lion's den that is the Eternal Court." Conner nodded. "Is that all? Is there no one else?" Rowan's gaze is piercing, confident, and sure as night. "You will need no one else. Do not sell yourself short, Conner; you have come as far as you have not because of my efforts, but because you are part of a higher purpose, and because you have been gifted with the will to see it through. Have faith; show deference where you must, but never let anyone tell you that you are unworthy." Her gaze hardens. "And if they do, prove them wrong."

She rises from her chair. "I will leave you to your preparations. When the moon rises next, I will say a prayer for you and then you will depart." She gets up; Conner dares some parting words. "Thank you Rowan, for everything." She pauses, but instead of the sharp retort Conner expects, Rowan puts a hand on his shoulder. She squeezes, bone-shattering strength condensed into a soldierly show of affection, and then she leaves for her personal chamber.

Conner takes the first envelope and opens it. He reads the letters contents, and when he gets to the end any color he would've had in his face would've drained. The name on the letter was one he knew; one he still carried on a business card for a clairvoyant he'd met years ago when everything went wrong...

Quinn Durant?

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

2. Likes pisces liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

End Glimpse

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Closed Thread