Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: Nameless Check-In

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward had been in and out of Elysium regularly, all to shmooze with the nameless. He had an aim, to find out when and where victims of feeding had disappeared.

To start, he pretended to have heard a rumour that herd members had been vanishing in the barrens. And through the course of conversation with many nameless, he would ask if they had heard anything, or if such a tragedy had visited them personally. He expressed concern that such a thing might even happen in Sacramento proper.

3 successes

2. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward spoke to a handful of the nameless masses. Some claimed to have heard of herd members vanishing in the barrens, too! Did he know who owned those herd members? Quite a few tried to pump him for information until he moved on.

Eventually, a harried looking Mekhet. Jace, that kept checking her phone responded with something besides obvious attempts to social climb.

"The ones that won't bull shh you is probably the Coterie put together by their Sires. The easiest ones to get ahold of are Stacey, a Mekhet and Mariposa, a Daeva. Give me a sec." She entered a few digits on her phone.

"Okay, they'll meet you at that booth over there." Jace indicated a booth. Edward could see a skinny, unobtrusive man with his Beast Cloaked just settling into the booth, checking his phone. He slipped his phone into his inner pocket of his off the rack suit.

"Oh, looks like the Ventrue showed first. He goes by Jake."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Polite smiles and elegant extractions. Over and over. Until one. That was how these things went.

It was unpleasant to hear such language in Elysium, but given that Edward was being helped, he wasn't about to complain. He waited until she had finished before speaking.
    "You have my thanks, Ms. Jace. If there is a matter I can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to inform me. Good evening."

A short walk. "Good evening, Mr. Jake. My name is Edward Heinrich of clan Daeva, and I am investigating the disappearance of herd members on behalf of the Domain. May I join you for a moment and ask a few questions?"

5. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Of course, Mr. Heinrich." The phone goes into a gold clutch purse, although her fingers still make tick like motions of typing on the device. She gives a nod. There appears to be some nerves in the other Kindred, for the nameless to be seen may be thrilling or terifying. Or both.
    "I will do so. Good evening." Jace extracts herself to a suitable distance and can't help but look over her shoulder to Mr. Heinrich moving to the table. The phone is out again. Clack clack clack. Nothing is ever private in Elysium.

"Good evening, Mr. Heinrich. Lovely to make your acquintance." The Kindred gave a respectful nod to Edward. He is African American, around 5'11'' with a closely cropped hairstyle. As Edward noted before, the Kindred is notably skinny. He has an unobtrusive air. You likely would look right past him, unless searching for him, specifically. He wears a grey off the rack suit with a violet pocket square. The tie is grey, not flashy.

" I am Eddison Jake of the line Ventrue, Childe of Madame Yvonne Felding. My Coterie is in route and shall join us shortly. They are just closing up some information gathering. A bit on the nose on what you were asking about."
    The Ventrue is sitting with excellent posture and no visible ticks, for a moment. Yet after a moment, his eyes scan Elysium behind Edward. A bit of nervousness apparrent. Brown eyes focus on Edward.
    "I would be glad to help you."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Tragic that the situation has become sufficiently dire to warrant an independent investigation." Edward slid into a booth while undoing his suit button. "No doubt with a touch of collaboration this shall all be put behind us."

Edward matches the Ventrue's ram-rod posture without a hint of discomfort.
    "Tell me, if you would, what first brought your Coterie's attention to the case?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"I agree, Mr. Heinrich. My coterie became aware of the situation when Ms. Dearing complained here in Elysium. Seems one of her preferred herd members were found dead in their home.". Mr. Jake shook his head in an expression of sympathy.

"This was about June 12th. Not even a week later, I came across a younger Kindred in distress on the street.
    Seems Missy Wright had fed from a drunk party goer. The kindred had a thought to double back and discovered the body of her meal.
    A ghoul of some Nosferatu helped her stage the body. She swears she didn't drink too deeply.

Does this sound like something you've come across? I would like to have something to tell the others. Mr. Kowalsic made sure to mention feeding carefully.
    Yet I've heard some folk question how they are supposed to feed at all when their herd is thinned. Some fool wondered if it's some political attack."
    Mr. Jake looked directly at Edward, studying him for a reaction.

Date Action Roll Result
    2021-07-22 09:06:34 Storyteller rolls 4 to Jake looks for a reaction (10 Again) 2, 8, 7, 10, 3 2 successes

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

On the surface, Edward gave off polite and manufactured concern. For the most part, he was simply absorbing information, except for when politics were mentioned.

1 success

A tiny stiffening of his body, the slightest tension in his expression was, both clear signals for someone looking for it. The meaning was obvious: you're on to something.

"Sadly, yes. This maps precisely to the cases I have been investigating. I choose to ask after herds as I imagine absences to be more likely noticed."

"If possible, it has been my experience that staying with the subject of feeding for the remainder of the night is an effective deterrent for whatever is performing these unacceptable acts."

"Do you know where these deaths occurred?" It would be useful information. Edward took out his phone, "please excuse me, this is simply to record any addresses you know of."

Jennifer Hazelton

"I appreciate the tip, Mr. Heinrich. You don't mind if I pass it along?
    Yes, I do. The first was in a Haven... yet the location is right by Localis, the popular restaurant. The second one occured by the night club Rapture on June 17th."
    Jake nods as Edward explained the phone, not seeming bothered by it.

As Jake finished, two unfamiliar Beasts alerted Edward to two women approaching. BP 1
    One of the women was short and heavy set, with brown hair and darker skin tone. The shorter woman wore an evening dress in midnight blue and grey ankle boots. She wore an expensive looking tennis bracelet featuring sapphires.
    The second woman was 5'10'', with natural blonde hair that was artfully pulled into an elaborate waterfall braid and set with sparkling pins that glittered when she moved. She wore a moderately priced black knee length dress, with a ruby red silk scarf. It was tied artfully, showing bare shoulders in the dress.

Jake stood as the ladies walked up to the table.
    "May I introduce Ms. Mariposa Sánchez." Jake indicated the shorter woman in the blue dress.
    "And Ms. Stacey Clark of the Daeva. Ladies, may I introduce Mr. Edward Heinrich, of the line Daeva."

"Good evening."
    Mariposa spoke with a noticeable Spanish accent. "Its good to meet you, Mr. Heinrich. We were just looking around for suspcious activity when we got the call you wanted to meet."
    "Good to meet you, Mr. Heinrich." Stacey greets, appearing personable as she looked at Edward and smiled politely. "Are you doing well this evening? We are, taking into account the undercurrent of worry that is starting to gain traction." She murmurs more quietly. " Mr. Kowalsic did seem serious about not attracting more attention."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Please do." Edward recorded the locations. Rapture again?

The impending pressure of two weaklings newcomers turned his attention away from Jake. He rose and gave a short bow.
    "Ms. Sánchez, Ms. Clark, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He stepped aside to allow them to slide into the booth. "I am doing quite well, thank you."

When they were settled, he took his own seat and reopening the conversation.
    "Mr. Kowalsic is rightly concerns with any threat to the First Tradition. The sooner the matter is cleaned up, the better. With that fact in mind, would you please inform me of the outcomes of your investigation?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"We discovered that the ghoul made the bodies appear to have died by gunshot. Which threw off the police. We were observing the area for any police presence and did not see anything."
    The shorter kindred explained.
    "We did see a gray eyed, tall woman speaking with a man. A kine man- at the night club Rapture. He appeared to be giving her an order.
    I followed the woman outside, yet she eluded me around the corner.
    Mr. Jake had been watching the man..."

Mr. Jake took over the story.
    "He appeared to be a normal man. He had two drinks- shots. He ignored two women who talked to him- politely. He left twenty minutes after the woman. Yet a woman came up and blocked my exit when I attempted to follow.
    A Black woman with locs, who asked me some odd question. Something like 'did I want to be saved.'"

Mr. Jake nods to Edward and pauses, appearing to collect his thoughts.
    "I have been speaking with others around Elysium.
    No one else admits to having their meals tampered with.
    Yet the two younger Kindred I spoke with looked worried."

Mr. Jake admits.

"We were out in the night club area. Trying to warn others to be careful." Ms. Clark tells Edward.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread