Family is who you choose

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

It had been a night. Crashing a dance club, breaking a few..things. Finding a lost family member and a distant one. Contemplating virtues and vices. Crossing over and emerging into a lair fit for a slasher film on something strong.

After an almost to-uneventful trip through the Hisil the pack got home without any more problems.

A few days later as night starts to fall Chris sits on a bench near the pack's turf. Methodically working his way through a foot long submarine sandwich, a bag for a second is already empty crumbled next to him. Near his foot rests a small pile of meat from the first sandwich. Guile had not been pleased, hopefully the meat helps. Showered and dressed in clean, though casual, clothes the Talon looks over the quiet construction site. What a mess.

Occasionally he shifts, clearly still in pain from the wound on this torso.

All the pack are welcome to this recap/launch from Family old and new

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny arrives early, and drops off 4 tubs of tikka masala (both chicken and vegetable) and enough naan to fill even Hector's stomach.

He's wearing his suit, beads of sweat running off of his bald head like marbles in the summer heat.

"So while you were gone, Bleeds, myself and Hector all swore to follow the oaths of all of Luna's tribes for a year. So in that vein, I give this as an offering, to pay each spirit in kind." He hands over a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue scotch. "You have risked much for us, for me, and so I offer my thanks."
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

Bird appears shortly after Tiny, wearing his man-skin and dedicated clothing.

He's smoking a menthol as usual and makes sure he's seen on approach, announcing his presence simply by letting the other wolves perceive him.

Still silent, he walks right up to the bench and sits next to Chris, blowing a cloud of smoke.

"Evenin'," he finally greets Tiny and the New Moon he's barely met.

Fa-ninna's keen to get some answers from Chris, but is in no rush. There's time enough for words.
    Primal Urge: 1
    Crashing: Primal Urge: 1

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well strolls up, carton of cigarettes in one hand, and a case of beer in the other. "Pick your poison folks," he says setting the items down.

"How ya feeling Chris?"

PU: 4

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

"He'll be feeling a lot worse in a minute, the stubborn-assed fucker," Dalu-Emily snarls from the shadows, her ire pointedly marked at Chris. She stalks over, a hoody covering her head and a bag slung over one shoulder, punching Chris on one shoulder a lot harder than she normally would.

"I'll. Be. Right. Back. That's what I said. And Macho Man here slinks out! So if he's moving sore it's because I haven't had chance to patch him up yet. I told you I can do it," she leers at Chris, "And don't you dare say that message was a good excuse. 'I have Pack things to take care of'? We all do, dipshit! What if you'd been jumped, huh? Walking around with Silver wounds, or near as fucking dammit...."

She snatches the scotch out of his hand, looks at it, clearly contemplates opening it, then sets it back down on the bench with a loud thunk. "So, now I've finally caught you, you're going to sit here and hget the god-damn rite of healing or I'm gonna kick your ass! Fucking Blood Talons... Think they have to be so tough... frikking Irakka gotta be all slinky and shit..." The chuntering continues.

Her piece said, the Itheur seems to settle a little, plucking a piece of meat from the pile derived from the sandwich. She slinks around, waving people aside so she can kneel next to where Chris sits. "Either help or get outta the way."

"A'ight. I'm done preaching. Shirt off." She pulls a couple of bottles of mineral water and a lollipop from the bag, unwrapping the latter and putting it in her mouth with a loud click. "Dipshit. Fuck, ten years dead and I still turn into half-Dad-half-Windrider. " The thought is more to herself.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector slinks toward the group stinking of earth and dust and oil. Don't know where he's been but on this day he seems to have purloined a set of blue overalls. The cheap sneakers and the bandana wrapped around his head completely clash with the work-wear garments. Especially the trainers: garish colours and seemingly designed for teenage whimsy.

The look on the Alpha's face suggests he has received some curious looks from the Herd already.

"How is the hero of the tale," Hector lets his gaze rest lightly on Chris before his eyes bound away to the others.

He settles into a squat and takes one of the beers, cracking it with a casual air, but his eyes become firmly fixated on the Naan. The Alpha doesn't say much more - in fact he really is interested in the Naan and the Tikka Masala. He reaches over and takes some of the food so generously offered by the Elodoth and sets to eating.

Eat first. Then talk.

And, maybe, let the pack air their thoughts in the space he has provided for them.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

There had been a small nod as Tiny walked up. Then Chris froze as scotch was offered, good scotch to. After a beat the sandwich is put down onto its bag and the scotch accepted. "Thank you.. though.. that's an interesting thing to swear." A second comment is lost as the Talon looks up and sees the new face from before. After the man sits Chris nods. "Evening to you to. Thanks for showing up before."

A half smirk flashes at Bleeds Well's question. "Better but still like I got my ass kicked." That lasts for a moment before Emily arrives and shares. Hands rise in deference then shake as the punch lands.

"Had family things to take care of it." Its said quietly though honestly. Chris can't help but grin at Emily's shade, its good to be alive. Without hesitation Chris removes his shirt and starts to unwrap the cloth that kept the bleeding kind of under control.

"Pretty sure you are all the heroes. I'm the guy who strolled into a hostile pack's home turf. Alone." Sandwich forgotten Chris watches Hector grab some tikka masala but remains still. There's no doubt that Emily would follow through with her promise if Chris screwed around.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xadun liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"It is a matter of honor, for me it's about understanding all of you better. To stand where you stand and see with the lens you look through. I offered it to Bleeds as well, and Hector hasn't found a challenge he could resist. Emily and Bird declines, with wisdom."

He steps back, letting Emily do her job. He digs into the food, taking a beer from Bleeds to wash it down.

"So, what's going to be the plan?" He asks the group.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

Each member of the pack is given a nod as they arrive. Hector's is a little deeper. Alpha gets respect.

Bird collects a couple packs of smokes and cracks a beer, tipping it to Bleeds Well, "'preciated."

Sips at the beer and listens to the cross talk. Emily's comment about New Moons gets a look, but Fa-ninna lets it pass. She's just pissed.

To Chris now: "Showed up 'cause we're pack." That's all there is to it. Even if that was their first meeting. Still pack.

A pause and then he echoes his fellow Irraka, pronouncing the word slowly, for emphasis: "Alone." Of course Bird understands that. New Moon walks alone more often than not. But the next question is obvious: "Why?" It's not aggressive. Nor is it accusatory. Bird just wants the facts. Wants it straight.

A glance at Tiny. He appreciates the Elodoth's focus on making a plan. But to do that properly, they need a little bit of context.
    Primal Urge: 1
    Crashing: Primal Urge: 1

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

(Rite of Healing)Status 5 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's eyes linger for a while on Chris' chest, and sighs. "Urgh. Now there's a body to make a girl question Luna's wisdom..." She glanced up at the rest of the pack. "This is a serious Rite. I don't need silence, so much as serious. Solemnity. And yeah, I know, that's coming from me. So we can keep talking business, but keep what this is about in your minds."

She turns to Chris. "Lie on your back. Come on." As he moves, she takes one of the water bottles. "The Rite of Healing isn't so much 'bout healing you as it is accelerating the body to heal itself. It takes a lot of spiritual power, too, From you and me. Well. Technically, you or me, but I don't reckon I can give enough for what you need."

The Ithaeur jerks a thumb at Bird. "Yeah. What the hell, man?" he voice is quiet - she doesn't look away from the wound.

She looks at the wound, touching around it gently. "So, usually, we give thanks to the ancestors for this one. Chants, singing, whatever. But as great a singer as I am" Utter lie, they'd all heard her, "I kinda need the backing. But, I can still talk about the healing Rite, and, well, y'know. This Story is true." She took a deep breath, running her fingers gently around the wounds. "While Kamduis-Ur is created with many of the Rites of the People, some say that it was Fenris-Ur that formed this Rite, so he could return to strength faster and fill the role of Destroyer. The Death Wolf was wise and she learned learned from prey and predator far and wide, but they all obey their nature, while Destroyer learned the ways of the Hunt and the Kill. All we know is Urfarah had no need of it until he grew old and weak - he did not seek to change the cycle of nature. There were no doctors, no healers. All living things had to rely on their own strength - survive or die."

The Ithaeur begain to pour the pure water over the wound, pulling a clean cloth from her bag and gently cleaning the wound. Slowly the essence pools into her hands as she works, flowing slowly into the wound.

5 successes

Sorry fr jumping ahead a little - I really wanted to start conducting the Rite as plans are made. It costs 2 essence per Agg healed, split across Chris and Emily, up to a max of 10 (for 5 agg healed). She never figured out how damaged he was, so Em is putting in 5 (she wants to keep a little in the tank), so Chris will need to put in at least 1 to round up if he's on more than 2 Agg.

If anyone wants to know - this story is one I'm making up, but I'll be posting it in stages
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

15. Likes Kelreth, Mark liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread