(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark, uncaring eyes look to JC, “I am simply saying that it’s a dangerous game to play.” She begins, “And there are consequences when one oversteps, putting their nose where it does not belong.” Then a light shrug, “Tread carefully for I will not step in and prevent the wraith of the other Clans,” a pause, her voice devoid of emotion, even, “or Covenants.” She would not defend him. Or any of them if they overstepped. It wasn’t her job. You stuck your nose in others business, you dealt with the consequences.

As she looks to Dirt Nap, her face softens slightly, and she nods, “I will look forward to hearing from you then.” She had figured they would have handled this by now. But if he wanted to keep dragging his feet on it, that was on him.

A glance to Mable, “Just never underestimate those who may wish harm. Allow them to show their hand, and act accordingly.” One never tips their hand to the enemy.

“Should anyone else wish to get a lesson in Celerity, or perhaps another skill among our Clan, let me know. I want to see our Clan thrive and have as many tools at our disposal as we can have. We cannot show weakness, we are Gangrel.”
    Not fucking Daeva.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Covenants? He still felt it was more than simply her telling him it was dangerous. He knew she disapproved of him in a more concrete way. She had made her opinion known privately among a couple people in the domain, including him. But what she said tonight... He had never interjected himself into the Invictus business and he honestly had no intention to. Yet now it felt to him like she was trying to undermine his position in the domain because she thought he might. Or maybe she didn't like the idea of him being able to discern people's opinions at all. Which he found very disappointing since he would not have thought her to be like that given their previous conversations. It brought to mind other domain leaders from the cities he'd left behind. Maybe he'd been wrong about Sacramento as a place he could find acceptance.

His trying to read minds and the future again. Building imagined scenarios out of little context.

He wished he could ask again. Press for an answer he would find more satisfactory and understandable to him, so that his imagination wouldn't paint dark pictures. However, it would essentially be saying he didn't trust her words in front of the clan. Maybe if he ever spoke with her privately again but not now. For now he had to accept her answer as her truth, curb his anxiety, wait, and listen.

He nodded.

The night was starting to tax him like he knew it would. The desire to attack Alessandra was still able to be kept at bay but he was only managing to get it down to wanting to constantly disagree and challenge her when she spoke of not showing weakness (which they had different definitions of) and having as many tools available to the Clan as possible (despite her saying she would not protect him if he used the tools he already had).

"We are Gangrel," he agreed. He didn't know if she intended it as a call and response but it helped a little. Reminded him that they were a group. Reassured him that they all had the beastial mind closer to the surface. He wasn't the only one with problems thinking straight.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens as Mabel tries to listen and digest and repeat what she's learned about Court and power of the Clans, and J.C. seems more trying not to hear or learn certain things, but seems to find some kind of power in the Clan Gangrel even so.

"Yes, Priscus." Dirt Nap nods when she tells him to contact her about training in Celerity. It's time. Been put off long enough. He plans to call soon after this meeting, knowing the ghoul will take it alright; it won't bother her a bit. He holds off saying so, not wanting to set up a chain reaction. Maybe all he'll learn about is the discipline, or maybe not; either way he believes it should probably be a private lesson.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened and simply answered, "Yes, your grace."

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was she expecting more of a reply from JC? It was hard to say. The Savage didn’t wear her feelings on her sleeve. She simply watched him.

But with everyone simply giving the standard ‘yes’ answers, it was odd. But she had grown used to those around her not offering opinions and honest thoughts. It came with the territory of her position in the Domain. Didn’t mean it didn’t rub her the wrong way. Had she grown that distant during her accent to Prince?

Whatever.

“If anyone else wants in on some Celerity training, let me know. We can work on it as a Clan.” Which might be good for them. “Or maybe we can find something else to do as Clan.” Was she offering to do stuff the Clan? It appeared that way. “Or not, whatever. I know I’m not the most exciting Kindred to spend time with, but, who knows, maybe we might all find a common ground.” Maybe. But hey, she was trying.

“With the current Courts, coming together is important, showing our strength.” They were Savages. Not to be underestimated. Not to be fucked with.

“Anyone have anything else?” open floor.

9. Likes , , Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC was about to say he didn't have anything else. Still tiring. However, with the Prince talking about coming together, he rebuilt for one last show of vulnerability.

"How would you like us to show unity?" he asked. Sure, he could work to demonstrate 'strength' on his own (it was how they'd acted so far as a clan in Sacramento, each independent) but if she wanted them to come together then they needed to be on the same page.

God he was tired.

"Do you mean in general with support and proximity, or did you have something specific or symbolic in mind?" They couldn't exactly all arrive to court with Claws extended. Well, actually they could with the Prince's permission but that seemed like it would be a lot.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens and watches. The Prince, their Priscus seemed to be pretty clear in what she wanted, to him at least. J.C. seemed to have a bug up somewhere and wanting to know just exactly what was expected, without showing his hand himself.

"I'd guess, not arguing with each other or speaking for others in a way that needs correcting, public like at the Court would go a long ways." Dirt Nap ventures to suggest.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have noticed that other clans in court gather close to each other." she thinks a second, "I don't feel like that really shows a strength. But that's just my feeling when I see it."

"I'm wondering if maybe we stay on the same page about things happening in the domain. Keep our message consistent. And support each other when other clan members verbally or physically attack."

She tilts her head, "I think that's more effective. Is that what you meant?"

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

JC actually had a good question.

“There are many ways we can show unity.” She began, “Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of knowledge on symbolic things.” No use in lying about that.

“Providing support and aide when needed is a good place to start. The Shadows closed ranks when one of their own made them look like fools. But they didn’t shun or make a spectacle at Court. We can do the same. Our own family matters dealt with behind closed doors and not made into a show for the Domain.” She begins, “But I’m open for ideas.” She always welcomed ideas. When people wanted to share them.

Then a nod to Dirt Nap, “Exactly. We won’t always agree and see eye to eye, but we can put forth a united front when needed.” It was something she had screwed up in the past.

Looking to Mable, “I see them gathering around each other as a way to show they support each other. A subtle way of telling others they are family and they will support and stand with them.” After all, any show of weakness was bad.

Then a nod and the hint of a smile, “Yes Whip Wood, a better way to word it.” Being good with words wasn’t her strong suit.

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

It sounded mostly like basics to him. The political animal in him (ha, animal) felt like he should try and explain just how much more there was they could do if they really wanted. Not just support and keep quite but advocate. Not just have a consistent message but have an actual Message to spread. However, it was late and he was tired. He’d keep to some basics.

“A lot of people have been wearing jewelry in court lately. Pins. Rings. Flowers. I don’t know much about symbolism either but if we all wore the same thing we would make it symbol of our unity. A bone, claw or wolf pin for example.” It was easy enough for JC to think of how those things connected to the clan’s powers of protean, even if he was sure there was probably a multitude of meanings associated with either. Those wouldn’t matter so much as every Gangrel wearing them.

18. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread