Catching up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

The weeks after re-opening Rosie's Roses have been busy, if not as busy as the first day would have suggested. So far there has been a steady trickle of (as far as he could tell: satisfied) customers, not enough to get rich but enough to not regret taking this risk.

Gerrit had just sent his part-time employee home for the night and spent the remaining time until Cassandra would arrive with all the little chores an owner had to deal with: cleaning up, filling out orders and diligently keeping book about expenditures and earnings of the day. Oh, and filling up the cheap electric water heater to have some tea-water ready for the Fairest. Even though it's been a while since they caught up, it was nice to have this semi-regular chat with his friend. A lot has happened since the last time they talked - plus, it was always nice to do something other than working.

The door was locked while he waited, but he could clearly see the window at the entrance from where he did the last of his chores, so he could let Cassandra enter as soon as she'd arrive.

Cassandra Reeding
    Shenanigans

2. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

It has been a good while since they've had a chance to chat and Cassandra has been looking forward to getting some time to catch up and see what all is going on. ...particularly with everything going on about Vivian. She'd probably admit freely that she is someone who likes to keep up on the gossip. It's something everyone does and if they say they don't, they're lying. She supposes she has some of her own things she could spill too if she wanted. One will see where conversation goes.

The Polychromatic has decided on wearing the monarch semi-shawl, semi-cardian she purchased over a mid-thigh length, black dress. To feel a little more modest, she's also put on a pair of sheer black tights and a pair of flats.

When she gets to Rosies, she does a couple of knocks on the door and waits patiently to be let in.

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit closed the ledger he was writing in and went to open the door. He was still in his work clothes, a decent pair of jeans and a green button down shirt - only the apron has been discarded already.

"Hello Cassandra, how are you? Come in!" He let the Fairest enter and locked the door behind her again. He led her to the seating arrangement not directly visible from the front and put a few boxes of tea at the table next to two cups. "Uh, so this probably isn't the high quality tea you're used to, but I hope it will do. I've got green tea, chamomile, something fruity or rooibos." He excused himself for a moment to get the hot water while Cassandra could choose a bag. He filled the cups (choosing rooibos himself) and brought the water heater and the boxes back into the back room - the whole process looked more complex than it really was, but Gerrit didn't want to leave stuff just laying around.

Finally the Ogre sat down in one of the chairs and took a deep breath. "Sorry, now I'm all yours. It's nice to see you again!"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra walks inside with a large smile. How was she doing? Amazing. She has no right to be as happy as she is given that she is one of the Lost, but how can she not be? Everything in her life right now is going so well and for once she isn't waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"I'm doing wonderful. And yourself?" She imagines much how he answers will give her a bit of information about what's been going on before he says much else. Maybe. Depends on how open he chooses to be.

"Chamomile sounds perfect," She says, picking out a bag and beginning to steep it. She takes a look at her phone, setting a 3 minute timer. Can't over steep. That would be a tragedy.

"It's good to see you again too. Sometimes I feel like we only get to hang out at our meetings or at gatherings. It's been so long since we just hung out," Like when they got crafting for the Winter Coronation. Such a beautiful ball it turned out to be. Beautiful and informative. It was like a lifting off point for so many paths.

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"I'm doing well." Which was true enough, although he wished he could rightfully call it 'wonderful' as well. Was Cassandra exaggerating? Was he being too critical? For now he kept himself busy with being a host.

After the tea was served and he was sitting across from her the Fairest hit the nail on the head. "You're right. I guess life somehow keeps getting in the way. The shop is keeping me busy, especially since I'm at the beginning of things and there is a lot to take care of. That's a good thing, though. And I bet you're also busy with-" John. With the relationship that seemed to be practically perfect in every way. "Uh, you know. Crafting and your new kitten and John. How are they?" As soon as he stopped talking, hazy memories of Vivian abruptly leaving flashed through Gerrit's head. Was he supposed to reach out to her or give her space? Gerrit shrugged slightly and moved around the tea-bag in the hot water. Mostly to keep his hands busy. He focused on Cassandra's answer again.

"With Summer showing up at their Coronation I guess we'll have to meet again to brainstorm for our Season." Because that was something tangible, a clear goal he could tackle.

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"They're all doing good," there is the tiniest hint more red and pink to her prismatic skin. Good is an understatement and all she wants to do is tell Gerrit about all of the wonderful things. She wonders if she should. "I'm-"she pauses, taking a breath. I'm so happy that I could cry.

"Aria is still sniffing at John, concerned about his existence, but I think she's starting to warm up. She has started rubbing up against his leg, which is what she does when she wants food, so that's progress. She's such a good motivated thing." And by the way, I finally told John that I love him and we decided to oathbind ourselves to each other it kind of feels like we got married for a Season.

"Another get together would be nice. I know I've got a few ideas buzzing in my mind for our coronation. Last years was pretty top notch, although, I don't think we've had much real competition anyway." Except that Spring dance. But they were the only ones to make use of that space. God, how does the Freehold not just know? She wonders that sometimes. But then, John is a terrifyingly good liar. Admittingly not a great trait, but useful as all hell.

"How is everything with-?" She starts kind of slowly. Gerrit said he was doing well, but he didn't say he was over the moon, so... But Vivian was so determinant about how much she likes Gerrit. Shouldn't he be happier? She doesn't know. She'd have to find out.

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"That's nice." He remembered all too well how depressed and sad Cassandra was only months ago. He was happy that she found what she was looking for. Really. "So you're almost like a small family now." He chuckled, even though it wasn't all that funny.

"Oh? Care to share some of those ideas? I guess we shouldn't have set the bar so high last time, but at least the other Courts seemed to have followed suit." There was a glint of pride in the Ogres voice. "In my opinion we should keep it formal again: just to set a counter-point to how Spring and Summer have celebrated. What do you think?"

When the half-finished question hung in the air like that, Gerrit just looked at Cassandra for a moment. He wanted to talk to Cassandra about what happened last time, but Vivian already stressed how she wanted to keep private things private. The Elemental's outburst was really only a concern for Vivian herself. Despite, he didn't really know how close she and Cassandra were.

5 successes

"Oh, it's good. We are, uh, taking it slow. This is pretty new to her, even to me." He didn't outright lie - everything he said was true. He just put an effort into sounding embarrassed about the topic, he even consciously folded his hands to keep them from fidgeting. Cassandra probably knew his nervous tells, so all of this could give a pretty believable impression of a man who wasn't comfortable discussing such intimate things right now - but also the impression of there being nothing of note to discuss. "We don't see each other as often as I would like, but you know me: I'm patient if anything." Except he hadn't been patient back then. Sure, he couldn't know for sure that it was his passion that made Vivian flinch and leave in a hurry.. but he couldn't know for sure that it wasn't like that either.
    "I talked about the Ice Law with her though. Luckily she's on the same page there - she also wants to keep this more or less on the down low.. I guess I should tell her that you know, now that I think of it. How well do you know her, if I may ask?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra blushes a little. Little family. That's what they were anyway now, both by their motley oath and by the personal oath they've bound themselves by. It makes her smile a bit even through the pinkish glow she has, prismatic skin reflecting confusing colors. "Yeah. That would be correct, wouldn't it?"

"I agree that we should keep it formal. It just is how our court is. Formalities and titles are everything. I liked our theme of a ball for last time. It just should be, but the theme should be different. Perhaps something around another defining piece of our court - memories, secrets, intrigue. Everyone loves gossip, guessing at truths, particularly Winters. I'm sure John has a few ideas too."

Thinking about Gerrit's words she can't help but find some discrepancy to Vivian's words. They are indeed trying to take it slow and it's new to her, but she isn't necessarily keeping it completely private. Girl talk and all. But then, she did say it's mainly due to her being so close with Gerrit. Yes, that's understandable there.

See through it - 2 Successes

If Gerrit is hiding anything beyond that 'nervous about talking about intimate things', she doesn't notice it.

"Understandable," she says with a smile, "Vivian and I are in that weird sorta friends area. Like, we have talked and she's told me some things after we've made up from the incident, but other than that, I'm still getting to know her." Does she talk about the fact that Vivian very, very much wants to have sex with Gerrit? Get's into a weird area, doesn't it? It's also weird in that sympathizing area. "She did tell me that you two were in some kind of thing and she really, really likes you. She wanted to make that very clear to me, which I think is admirable."

"I'm glad though she's on the same page as you with the Ice Law. It makes it easier, although it's difficult." There is just a slight frown, "Sometimes you just want to show the world how happy you are, but then you remember why you shouldn't. At least, not overtly. It's to protect you both." At least she gets him behind closed doors. At least she can tell him that she loves him over and over again when they're alone. At least they have that.

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:

Mantle:

Crown:
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

-Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Everybody loved gossip? That didn't sound especially dignified.. or true. Gerrit humored Cassandra with a smile anyway. "Yes, secrets are a good theme. I bet everybody has something they want to get off their chest or share, but for some reason can't. Just like with the Desire-burning at Spring's Coronation." Before he could help it, a mean thought wormed itself into Gerrit's mind: was this just a set-up for Cassandra to find a loophole in the Ice Law and tell others about her perfect new relationship? Of course not. Cassandra isn't this shallow, stop it. And so he did. Why was he being on edge again? "I guess we should discuss that with all members present. Uh, it's kind of scary how fast time flies by, isn't it?" He arrived roughly a year ago, at Autumn's Coronation. It didn't feel like a year, yet so much had happened.

Gerrit took a sip of his tea and listened, absent-mindedly thanking John for teaching him how to keep a poker face. One thing made him perk up though. "Incident?" It probably wasn't that big of a deal, someone would have told him otherwise. Still, did Cassandra and Vivian fight? "Uhm, but I guess you've made up? What happened?" That worry momentarily overshadowed the actual point of Cassandra's answer: that Vivian really liked him. The Ogre had no doubts concerning that anymore, but depending on when the two women spoke things could have changed already.

Gerrit answered the Artist's frown with a sigh. "Yes I get that. And it's not all that debilitating if you think about it. Sometimes it just feels like the more we make this huge deal out of it, the more restricting it feels. Most people already posses the common decency to not flaunt their private lives into other people's faces, so lately I feel like we're doing that plus we're telling each other at every possible moment that we're doing the right thing." He didn't mean to sound so irritated. Of course it was important to remind each other of the importance of the Ice Law, but by now it almost seemed Spring-esque in how much attention they gave it.
    The Stonebones breathed in, breathed out. "Sorry. I guess I felt like I talked more about this than anything else for the last few weeks. I'm a bit tired of it, you know?"

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods, "Though I don't know that we want to get too similar to Spring... But yes, waiting till our next get together would be good." How did the months go by so quickly? It's crazy to her thinking about how it's been a year since she'd arrived. Same for Gerrit. "I can't believe it's almost been a year since we arrived. I came just a tiny bit before you did. Maybe just a week or two?"

"Oh, I'd have thought she'd have told you. It was a misunderstanding of words. She thought that I was calling her a ditz and stupid with a comment I made about the relationship between dancing and music. She kind of had an outburst and stomped out. I felt really bad and called her over for some cookies so I could explain and get to know her better. We've made up since, which is good."

Cassandra opens her mouth but then closes it, pursing her lips as she thinks. Finally, she sighs and says, "I'm sorry. Bringing it up was selfish of me." You're just the only semi-outsider I can actually talk to about it. "I don't think you-" she shakes her head, "Never mind." He doesn't get it though. You just need to get over it. She has, largely, but sometimes you just want to vent to your best friend. "I'm sorry." She says again and she can't help but think of Blodwen. It didn't matter how many times Cassandra vented to her about the same idiotic thing about Phillip, she'd just laugh at her, make her drink tea, and remind her why it's okay. Or say 'then just break up', but that's a whole other thing. She misses her enabler. Maybe it's just missing Blodwen too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread