Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx looks back to Guru. "No. I simply meant that giving raw material to the Arrow would be of little benefit to anyone. I am not studied in metallurgy or metalworking." She paused, looking back around. "Before we get into this, I just want to make sure there is no official business. Has anyone seen Magus Campanella recently?" It was unusual for him to be so absent from two official concilliums.

It also bought her some time to try and remember what Thaumium actually was.

1 success

Ah, yes. the magical metal that could store mana. But that was about as much as she knew.

After any other comments, she looks back to Guru and Corn. "I know that Thaumium can be made with powerful Matter magics, and used as a mana reserve. That alone certainly makes it useful. Does it have any other magical properties?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Whatever suits you", is his curt reply to the alchemist wannabe, "just make sure you don't blow the place up", and to be fair, he didn't expect this undertaking to be complete in the short term.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn looked to Crystal and Guru when Campanella was mentioned.
    "I would suggest the councilor should contact councilor Aurora about the whereabouts of Campanella ." he simply stated. If Aurora hasn't filled in the council and Campanella hasn't filled in the council, there probably is a reason. Corn thought to himself.Campanella also turned down a more official farewell party with balloons, snacks and home-made beer.

And then he found out Phoenyx barely knows what Thaumium is and had partial information to boot. I don't know why I am so surprised. She probably would be surprised by my lack of self-defense skills as well. Each to each own.
    "There's more uses than that and a lot more information." He says and he turns to Guru. "Will you take this one, or should I? And let's have a chat about Stygia and perfecting Iron at some point in the near future."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal perked up when Phoenyx asked about Campanella. He didn't miss Corn's look either.
    "Hey, hi. So, I thought this was common knowledge, but Magus Campanella left the city temporarily to persue personal affairs." Aurora wasn't here either, and with Campy being one of the more important figures of the city, Crystal thought it was a good idea to let the Consilium know about this. Yeah, maybe he didn't plan to make a big deal out of it, but it wouldn't hurt to tell the others.
    "He didn't say when he'll return, but I wouldn't expect him to attend our meetings in the near future."

Crystal sat down again if there were no other questions about that. Corn's issue didn't interest him that much, so he wouldn't give his opinion either.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow seemed content with Winter's usually brief input.

Corn's suggestion drew a confused look. Ask Aurora? What was the Moros suggesting?

Fortunately Crystal provided context. Phoenyx's mouth opened, then closed again before eventually saying, "I see." Somehow the former Hierarch leaving was like a gut-punch. Now only 2 mages had been here longer than here - Aurora and Winter. She was in her mid-twenties and was one of the closest people to a permanent fixture.

Campenella versus Alister. Holding the last of the mages together. His trial, removal by Star. He'd kept things going. and sure, he had secrets, but... he had always seemed truly Wise.

"Well.... if any of you see him before I do, I hope you will wish him my best in his endeavors. Thank you, Magus Crystal." What more was there to say?

She took a slow breath and looked back to Corn. She always found Mages fascinated by matter to be... odd. Unlimited cosmic power and you choose to try and mix two metals together in a new way? She supposed someone did have to learn it, but it really wasn't for her. Maybe it was Corn's verbose nature or enthusiasm for things she didn't understand. She had struggled with that from Kaze as well.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

You know what's great about a council? You have other people to ask your possibly dumb questions for you. Puck knew what Thaumium was, but the perfecting of metals? You might as well be speaking Russian to him.

The Enchanter's lip ticked down into a frown as Guru took Phoenyx's words in a way they clearly weren't intended, but he otherwise listens in silence. One conversation with Campanella wasn't enough for Puck to forge the emotional attachment the other mages seemed to have, so his absence had been noted but not concerning to Puck. He really didn't have any other thoughts on what was being said, mostly because he had no interest in it either.

"So is there any other pressing business?" He scans the crowd before his attention falls on Phoenyx. "I got nothin."

Slow times are slow sometimes.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy cleared his throat and stood. "Umm, actually. If I may? Mordechai waited until he had the attention of the room before continuing. "I have been in this city for the most of a year now. I think everyone in here is familiar, if only in passing, with me. I want everyone to know that I am committed to this Consilium. On that note I would like to pursue greater responsibility within the community. So I guess, what I mean to say is, I am officially putting forth my candidacy for councilor. I hope that you will consider me for the position." His speech puttered out at the end. He just stood awkwardly. waiting.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

14. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens, manfully to the continued reaction to Corn's request for official sanction or maybe boundaries for his experiments.

Then he looks startled and crestfallen at Crystal's announcement, that Campanella is...gone, left already, apparently. Wow. I mean, sure, it's supposed to be 'temporary', but...it doesn't sound like it.

And then Eulogy brings up the fact that there's no Moros Path Councillor. Too soon? Maybe.

Kaze looks at Corn. Is he cool with Eulogy doing the Councillor thing, leaving Corn more time for the geeky matter stuff? Did they talk about this already? It's really a Path thing...but it needs to be done, and made official in front of the Council.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic
     Improvised out-of-path, ExitScene

PRE

Corn simply acknowledged what Eulogy said. Then he figured he had no idea how councilors were chosen.
    "If someone is needed to second Mordenchai's candidacy, I am willing to support his idea to fill the spot of councilor as long as it doesn't require too much paperwork from me." he offered.

A measure of Campanella 's gravitas was how much everyone here seemed to feel at loss at the news of his departure, partial and temporary as it may be. In his short time in this consilium, perhaps half-a-dozen mages have come and gone, some of them being here for years like Briar Rose. Nobody's departure had such a profound reaction from what he could remember. He never learned why Campanella was not the hierarch anymore but it was clear that if the man wanted he would be renamed Hierarch within a week.
    "Daduchos Campanella informed us he will still be spending time in Sacramento but he won't be taking parts in matters of this consilium. We may cross paths with him at one time or another." Corn said.

But why Campanella was not the Hierarch anymore? Phoenyx and Kaze seemed the best bet to find out. Aurora would probably be too emotionally invested in whatever happened to give an answer.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

18. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Puck confirmed he had nothing. The Arrow nodded, looking to Eulogy. Her eyebrows raised a little, but a smile touched her lips a little.

"Magus Eulogy, that is good to hear. It is up to the members of a Path as to how they choose their Councillors, so I leave that with you." There was a pause, as the Obrimos realised she wasn't sure of Eulogy's path. Or Corn's, for that matter. Had he mentioned it? She couldn't recall. "If all of your path in the city are in agreement, that is sufficient."

She looks around. "With Magus Campenella absent, I should pass along our recent experiment with the Astral Device currently held by the Mysterium. Retrieved from a Seer Temple, it makes passage to the Astral easier in it's presence, and the former owners have recorded several scenes within. Originally viewed by Maguses Star and Briar Rose, and more recently by Myself, Councillor Puck and Magus Crystal, we observed scnees of dinosaurs interacting, playng out the interactions between several spheres of magic. If anyone wishes to explore it further I would be interested in hearing about their own explorations." She looks to Corn and Crystal. "If the Mysterium wishes to continue exploring the Astal store of the Seers, of course."

20. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread