Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

It is midsummer. Long evenings. Lazy days. The city simmers gently in heat under brazen skies.

Hector has claimed a set of tables and benches in one of the less popular parks on the northern side of downtown. The park is forgettable: a carefully manicured square of lawn and flower beds. At least the gardeners have been kind and placed the benches under a stand of shady trees, unlike some of the other city parks that really don't want the public malingering on their stage-managed perfection.

The Alpha will not be dissuaded.

He has rocked up with several bags and he lays out a small spread as if he were expecting 'guests'.

He is. He is expecting Clarion Call to join in this feast to celebrate the high point of the year.

An open social for all wolves. Come and join Hector relaxing.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

2. Likes Endymion liked this post

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

Bird turns up after a while, ambling into the park as if he owns the place. Wearing his usual, all-black, dedicated outfit.

He's got a menthol hanging from his lips and a plastic bag swinging from his left hand. He leaves a trail of smoke in his wake.

Seeing his Alpha, he holds up a hand in greeting. "Hey-yo, boss. Brought some drink." Sets the bag down on a bench with a heavy thunk, pulls out some red solo cups. Inside, Hector glimpses a jug of rot-gut, fortified wine. Red, if that makes a difference.

Bird cracks the seal on the jug's screw-top and discreetly pours himself a measure in one of the cups. "You want some?" Pulls the cigarette from his lips, takes a sip, replaces the cigarette.
    Primal Urge: 1
    Crashing: Primal Urge: 1

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Bird and Hector can smell Tiny long before he arrives. Well, they can smell the food. Barbecued ribs, wings, brisket, enough for a dozen to feel overstuffed spills out of the to-go bags as he sets them down on the table.

Tiny shows up without his suit, in fact, he's practically dressed down in a hawaiin shirt and shorts, along with a straw hat to keep the sun off his head.

"Fenris its hot. Why the hell did I move here again?" A thick sheen of sweat covers the Midwestern Winter Wolf as he handles the California heat.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Bird! Good! Good!"

Hector moves to spread out his packets of food so his 'guests' can more easily browse. He openly eyes Bird's bag and the contents inside.

"Oh ho! Oh yes!"

The grin on his face grows wider as Tiny appears, worse for wear in the heat.

"One cup for me; and one cup for our friend here."

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

Tiny appears, looking like a man who's chosen the wrong vacation spot.

Bird produces two more plastic cups at the Alpha's instruction and pours generous measures of the fortified wine into each. Hands the first the Hector and the second to Tiny.

"Heat's good for you," he says to Tiny, all matter-of-fact. "Keeps the blood up." Whatever that means.

Fa-ninna silently toasts his two pack mates and then swallows down more of the rot-gut. Looking very pleased.

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"I'll trust a southerner about heat. But I'll still drink to forget it." He drinks deeply, not hiding his distate. "Thank you for it. Its enjoyable." He drinks again, and spreads out the wings and white bread and pickles, and the brisket and ribs are in their own containers. Napkins yes, but silverwear no. Tiny hasn't ever seen the Alpha use a fork, and he isn't going to presume there isn't a ban against them.

He loads up a plate and sets it to the side for whoever arrives late. Tardiness means your food is prepared for you like a pup. He makes his own plate, combined with a generous pour of Hector's chips.

"Thanks boss for setting this up. I've been looking forward to a nice night without something ruining it. Hows the street?"
    He asks Hector, but angles his face to include Bird in the conversation.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Grinning, Hector receives his cup from Bird. He formally salutes his two pack-mates and then gloriously guzzles the lot, his face twitching as the rot-gut hits. He works the facial tick into a contented sigh and places down his cup.

"Oooh yeah... Ha!"

He turns his attention to the food: opening his packages and piling up a plate for himself. His eyes bounce up when Tiny continues.

"Quiet. For the most part. I've moved my bed to the opposite end of the territory - haven't been that way in a while and its time to take a look at our southern range."

He bobbed his head over at Bird.

"Bird's joined me for at least one patrol. I could take you down there sometime if you wanted."

Street Stalker
    Presence
    (Terse)
    Contacts
    (Street, Criminals)
    Status
    (Street)
    Eidetic Memory
    Trained Observer
    Bird

PRE

Bird fixes up his plate with an eagerness that is rarely seen in the withdrawn Irraka. He even hums a little, a broken rendition of some old gospel tune.

When Tiny thanks him for the drink, Fa-ninna knows he's just being polite. The look on the Elodoth's face is enough to say he's not one for the wine. But that's okay. They've got drink and good food. Things are fine. "Welcome," he replies to the lawyer around a mouthful of brisket. Washes it down with another gulp of hooch.

Bird eats and listens, his attention bouncing from one wolf to the other. Nods when Hector mentions their recent outing.

"Been out there," he adds to the Alpha's report, licking some grease off his fingers. "Streets are streets. Just the normal amount of fucked up, what I see." For the moment.

"Where you been at?" He asks Tiny. More than anything, he's curious about the small wolf's day to day. What does a lawyering wolf get up to?

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

The heavy rumbling of an All-American engine pulls up lazily to the kerb next to the park, and Emily emerges wearing huge sunglasses. She's taken to her more traditional way of keeping cool - wearing just enough to stay decent (by human standards).

She leans against her Baby, rolling a cigarette and lighting it, pulling a six-pack from the passenger's seat and swaggering over to where the boys have settled. "Hey fellas. Chief," she adds, nodding to the Alpha. "Sorry I'm late, had a few things to finish off at home." She sets the beers down, pulling one off for herself and eyeing the jug curiously.

"How y'all doin'?"

eatthefoodeatthefoodeatthefoodeatthefoodeatthefood ...

Easy... calm your tits!

Eyes drift slowly to the veritable feast. The Crescent can feel herself drooling slightly.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

"while you've been out here, I've been in there. Air conditioned board rooms and long phone calls from a car and restaurant meetings. And smiling while i want to redecorate some idiot's face and strangle her with her pearls. But we are on the same team, so I dance around her and explain her into a corner where she can't hurt anyone. People talk about what they are doing, what is getting built where, where they plan to influence there and that allows us to be one step ahead of the shifts. When it works. When Stupid and sons dumps waste in the water, they don't call me for legal advice first."
    He demolishes his plate of wings, and uses clean hand to hand over the prepared plate to Emily.

"If you want me boss, i'll be there." Tiny says, though its clear he'd rather not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread