Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Blush

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner notes the Gangrel's potential anxiousness fade at the answer to his question. He sighs inwardly; the last thing he needed was someone spreading rumors of Masquerade breach-mongering.

But perhaps Elysium's atmosphere was clouding his better judgement. Conner accepts Mr. Smith's thanks with a grateful nod and a smile. "Of course, and I'm glad to hear that." All that was needed at this point was just an initial seed of interest. The rest would come with time, and possibly prayer. Though he needn't be hasty. There's still plenty more Kindred whose Covenant allegiances are unknown at this point. He was certainly glad of JC's willingness to take him up on the offer of future meetings. "I'm working on finding any old headquarters of the Lancea Sanctum here in Sacramento. Perhaps until then we can find some proper neutral ground, if you'd feel more comfortable there. Hopefully there will be more minds we can sharpen with."

I'm absolutely ready! Just want to leave space for exits. Thanks for the great scene.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC gave a small smile, hiding his thoughts about how bad it was to say there could be more proper neutral or comfortable ground than the Elysium. He didn't disagree. Just felt the anxiety hit that Conner would say it so bluntly in the Prince's court. For how alert the man seemed, Conner didn't seem to be 'aware' sometimes.

"I look forward to seeing what you set up," he said honestly, if for nothing else than to keep an eye on Wells and the Lance within the Domain.

With their time together at an end, JC gives a small nod and heads back up to the Nox floor.

Thanks for the scene. That was fun!
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner gives his own nod in return. "You and me both, Mr. Smith. You and me both." He lingers for a while on the threshold of Elysium, the source of so much agony in recent months. There was a small part of him that wanted to regurgitate the bloody mess sitting in his stomach from that White Russian he'd ordered at the start of the night. But that part of him wasn't his master, nor quite his enemy.

Looks like much was learned tonight. Conner was now at least partially aware of his biggest enemy in Sacramento: his own bullheaded ignorance. JC had shown him the possible doubt he could cast in others if he wasn't careful with his words, and had done so with a unique brand of graciousness. Now to act on that knowledge. Now to prove the doubters wrong.

He takes one final look back into the lion's den and, in the silence and the calm, folds his hands. ​God, you are sovereign over all places and haunts. Carry me through this one. A silent prayer; was it out of defiance of the Domain's secular powers? Or in protection of them? Either way, Conner turns and walks back up to the Nox. He still had the table for another half-hour. And he really needed another drink.

Indeed! My pleasure, thanks to you for making it interesting.

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread