Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

At five minutes to the meeting time that was arranged, Jennifer dropped off a black leather backpack at coat check. The Nosferatu walked confidently into Elysium and arranged herself within one of the smaller conference rooms that Prisci could utilize.
    Jennifer was wearing a fine green scarf with an antique pin holding it in place. Her outfit was tailored for her, in nuetral gray and black. The Nosferatu wore black flats that did nothing for her 5'7'' frame, and were practical for her to run in, if need be. She had brought her attache case which rested on the chair beside her.
    Picture of her outfit
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve is nervous, understandably. She knows she is a hot mess and she isn't sure how this is going to go. Quinn has given her explicit instructions on how she is supposed to act - how she is supposed to be perfect. Why the hell is vampiric society filled with this kind of antiquated crap? Is it because everyone is hundreds of years old at this point? Where are the young people? These are the thoughts that keep plaguing her mind and have been for a hot minute now.

The blue-haired Shadow arrives two minutes early, her hair just a little bit on the messy side, but in a way that would categorize as a 'look' and not just a mess of blue tresses. Her dress is black, as usual, and goes down to just above her knee. The sleeves are long with a turtleneck neckline that has two cutouts at the shoulders and breast area. It doesn't look perfect, being that she is not entirely slender like the other girls, though, nor is she big. She's an average size 12, sometimes 14, but you just know that the majority of Kindred women somehow fall between a 0 and 8 at max.

Blue eyes gaze at Jennifer as she walks inside, while also surveying the room itself. One exit. Small room. It gives her a bit of anxiety, particularly given many kindred don't do well in small rooms. But this isn't one of those meetings; Maeve needs some kind of help and maybe Jennifer can provide it.

"Good evening," She says quietly, ready to hear the serpent-like voice of the Nosferatu. After giving her a once over, she says, "Outfit is cute."
    | BP 2

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Miss Maeve. I'm not going to do that bullshit about asking if you've been well."

Maeve was in the barrens, and she wasn't going to poke. Dark eyes look over Maeve, searching for meaning. No Invictus subtleties, yet there could be other meaning.
    The dress was nice. Not for the first time, Jennifer wished she could have had another 15 years to age. To develop her mind and experience more. Maeve's breaking the mold of some kindred reminded Jennifer that she would have liked more time for herself.

"That's a relief. It's a bit old.". Jennifer glances at the outfit she's wearing. She looks up, looking at Maeve with a composed expression.

"Please sit." Jennifer indicated the small conference table.

"You wanted to talk. What's on your mind?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve sits, adjusting her skirt before resting her hands on the table. The tone of Jennifer's voice gives her just a little bit of a chill, but she shakes that off mentally. She wonders what Jen really means by the outfit is old. Like, owned it old or old in appearance? It looks snappy, like something those edgy proper fashion girls would wear. Why should she need to be relieved by that? Or, perhaps it's just a figure of speech.

"You've got your shit together." Maeve starts plainly, "Quinn says you're good people and someone I should get to know. I take what most people say with a grain of salt, regardless of who they are, but I get the feeling that you actually are."

It feels weird to just blab this type of shit to what feels like a complete stranger. Well, she is, technically, isn't she? "I don't know how to exist in this place." She gazes around before looking back to Jennifer, "I understand the rules, but I feel like I'm drowning in them at the same time. They weren't made with people like me in mind, which, I mean, they're made by Princes, so of course they wouldn't but- uh..." she sighs and shrugs a little, "I don't want to sit back and shut up, but I don't want to keep fucking up."

There is a degree to which Maeve looks incredibly vulnerable. She's starved for so many things and she feels like a trapped animal on every kind of front you can think of.
    | BP 2

8. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Dark eyes study Maeve for a bit. Jennifer was comfortable in the silence as she observes Maeve. She marked the vulnerability. More important to Jennifer, the wisdom to admit what she didn't know. The bravery to expose herself, when kindred could take the excuse to prey upon her.

"I appreciate that must have been hard to say." Jennifer's cursed voice states. It's sincere, Jennifer lets a bit of her guard down, letting emotion show on her face. Concern being the primary, perhaps interest.

"I believe information is the best currency. I also hold the belief that your clever eyes can do a great deal of good, redirected.
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret. "

Her cursed voice appropriately solemn, she continues.
    "When I arrived in Sacramento, I was recently separated from sire's hospitality. I was still deciding my goals for my Danse. I was essentially soft voiced and eager to help, bowing to just about everyone.

I pitched in and became involved. I made some progress.
    I discovered what I wanted to do. I started to enjoy some benefits for choosing a covenant and making myself useful.

Then I made a mistake. A misspoken error right in front of the Prince, with the Court to hear.
    I was mortified. I was appropriately chastised, and had to prove myself over the next few months. Yet I put in the work, and I enjoyed even more respect for having respectfully paid my dues."

A pause to allow all of that to be absorbed.
    "You've made your mistake of disrespectful behavior. Yet you now are in the position to right yourself. Once you are through the tunnel and underneath the welcoming starlight once more, you can enjoy more respect.
    We're in a lucky situation - for unaligned - where the Prince has not made this an Invictus domain.

That means you can earn respect by showing it."

Now she gave the Mekhet an expectant look.

" I'm open to helping you."

10. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

She takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out, giving the slightest of nods, you'd almost wonder if it was one. Sometimes her movements are so subtle you forget she did anything to begin with. The Shadow listens and looks surprised at what she is hearing. Not that she made a mistake, but that it was so miniscule. A tiny little mistake by someone who works so hard and she was knocked down. But then, she got back up again stronger than she was before. Jennifer has a resolve similar to her own. She can feel that much.

She lets the silence sink in. Did she even want respect? Is respect what it is to be treated on the same level versus being ridiculed for being different? Wouldn't it be better to be accepted? Or perhaps there is a way for them to be one in the same. How will she find it?

The mentioning of her unaligned status does always make things more difficult for her. It makes her an unknown, someone without secondary backing. Clan is never enough if you don't have a covenant behind you. She wonders if she should band together with the other unaligned, like a covenant of their own...

Jennifer gives her that expectant look and Maeve nods, "If you are willing, that would be beyond helpful. I know I need help and I know the people I have... friendship and teacher don't always go together very well. I need someone outside of them." Quinn isn't enough. Quinn could bark orders at her all day, but it doesn't help. They're better as friends. She wants that friendship. Maybe it was receiving instruction in clan... or maybe it was just her perpetual role models. None of them are teachers, just leaders.

"I... I don't mean not to show respect." She starts, "I was taught growing up that respect is earned both ways. It's like that on the streets. You're cautious both ways, one group slowly giving way to the other, but it isn't instantaneous. There is something organic about it. It's why I have the connections I do now within certain street circles. I don't feel that in Kindred society. It feels like the kind of respect you have to show a teacher regardless of how they treat you. Is that my perception or is that reality?" It is easy to see that her question is genuine, though there is a degree to which it may be rhetorical. The thing about Maeve is that when she speaks, there is no masquerading. She says what she means, which means what often comes out is a jumbled mess at times, but it is still genuine. She wants to be real which is perhaps why she clashes so much. She perceives everything in Kindred society as fake. Is it fake?

She shakes her head a little, "What can I do in return?"
    | BP 2

12. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

There was slightly less commotion this time as Bellemy entered Nox. The gathered patrons peered over their forks and glasses as the Haunt strode confidently through the room. Back straight and head held high the grotesque creature seemed quite comfortable, Perhaps it had something to do with the outfit, for tonight Bellemy chose a black cotton blouse with a burgundy waistcoat, black slacks and polished leather oxfords. Tonight's hat was a felt bowler of deep black that contrasted sharply with the Kindred's death pale skin, for Bellemy had again ignored the blush of life. Instead the haunt tried something a little different in an attempt to conceal the curse. A liberal painting of dark eyeshadow covering top and bottom eyelids gave a rather "Uncle Fester" feel to the Nosferatu's whole look.

Upon reaching the conference room the haunt gave a polite knock on the entryway doorframe. "Hello, cousin. They told me at the front that you were in here." Bellemy said to Jennifer. Without waiting for permission Bellemy walked to the conference table chose a seat equilateral to the two women. "Thank you for the invitation to this meeting cousin. It is nice to be included."

Bellemy's gaze shifted to Maeve, eyes weighing, calculating. "Maeve isn't it? I remember you from last month's formal...affair." The Nosferatu noted with a polite smile. "I am glad to meet you." A cold, pale hand reached out in offer of a shake.

Curse: See Minisheet

14. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer watched Maeve for a moment, considering her words. Weighing them.
    "I would be glad to be of assistance. I do want to hear that you are ready for your journey through the tunnel." Jennifer emphasized, watching Maeve closely.
    "In return..." Jennifer considered.

"We can speak on that in private."

Elysium had ears.
    "Be assured, I will not hold you to something too ardous. If you disagree on what I am interested in, I am pleased with a Boon."
    The common currency, the one thing that could also keep relationships running smoothly.
    The new arrival that Jennifer had invited arrives. Jennifer smiles as Bellemy approached. "Hello cousin. I am glad you could make it."

Jennifer waited a moment for the two to adjust to one another. The Lady continued, calm and confident. She looked between the two Kindred.
    "On the streets," Jennifer chose this bit to pluck out. "- I have some contact there as well. There is something honest about the respect there. I can understand that the system can be hard to endure when you are the one who has to show respect, to everyone." Jennifer shows empathy, her dark brown eyes focused on Maeve.
    "It is a system that has been proven to work - those who have learned certain things provide stability for everyone. It makes everyone safer and allows for the one showing respect to learn from the others, so that they too, can earn respect. It may seem as though you are giving respect to someone that you don't personally know has earned it. Yet the Kindred already established here have acknowledged the right of these Kindred and have judged them worthy of what they have earned. It's a bit of trust in fellow Kindred. If you give lip service - or even genuinely believe- and over praise someone whose not earned the respect, it reflects badly on you.

In that sense, you can trust in a Kindred's sense of self preservation."

Jennifer believed most had a strong sense of self preservation. She has detailed how status is in her mind - how trying to raise someone's recognition when they have not earned it could have swift consequences for the misguided Kindred.
    " I want to make this a bit easier to digest. It is the Beast that one must be careful to not provoke. The polite manners and the rules let us indulge in the Man, to not feel so isolated. If we can keep our victories and scratches to words, it prevents boiling over to a rilvalry that can consume resources and put one at real risk."

A pause, for this could be something that back fired.

"How do you feel about that?" She questioned Maeve.

"Personally, I put great importance on keeping my sense of Humanity intact. We may all need to steal Blood to survive, but I think it's important to remain connected.
    This is reflected in how Kindred need one another, as well. A sense of solidarity or pursuit of a similiar goal. There are things that interfere with true friendship."

A pause, for she trusted these two were clever and did not need indelicate things spelled out. A glance to Bellemy, including her as the Lady continued.
    "The first step, is an understanding that everyone needs to show respect to those who have risen to a position. The years pass, the experiences we endure strengthen us. Others can rise - and in turn, are shown respect by those younger or less established than they. What are your thoughts on this belief?"

16. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Maeve O'Ryan
    Presence
    (Forgettable Face)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful Movement)
    Clan Status
    (Mekhet)
    Allies
    (Street)
    Maeve O'Ryan

PRE

Maeve does take a moment to get used to Bellamy's presence. It's absolutely dread inspiring and she doesn't like it one bit. She had thought that Jennifer's voice was unnerving, but Bellemy takes the cake. Like seriously. Hello Uncle Fester and the craze that's scary as fuck. Damn.

The Shadow blinks as the Nos... doesn't introduce themselves, but apparently they know her name. "Uh, yeah. Affair it certainly was, if you want to call it that." Polite smile, but she feels inside it's a jab. "And what is your name? I don't think we've actually formally met."

To a degree, having everyone know her name makes her incredibly uncomfortable. She's a shadow. She wants to disappear into the dark. Don't notice me. She's got work to do to slink back that far. No... no, let her be her own person up front. Quinn can be the fake one and she'll be authentic, albeit probably more likely to get into trouble. Hopefully though she'll find a happy middle.

She then turns her attention back to Jen, listening closely for information she hasn't thought about before. Maybe it is because she treats her beast like an angry child, like it isn't a part of her, like someone to keep happy to keep it shut up.

"So," she starts, "basically, we practice being polite constantly to prevent us from being like superheros who destroy the city they live in when we go all pokey. I can get that. You don't want to shit where you eat. Leaning into instances where we create too much friction can cause fires..." Am I causing too much friction? Is that what it is? "But then, if we keep our stuff to vocal jabs, isn't that what I-? But then I guess it doesn't count if you're nooby" Okay. Maybe that does make more sense.

"Maybe it is weird, but I lean on my humanity more than anything else. Like you, keeping it in tact. I lean into it so much that I look at the system and I guess... I just kind of want to reject it. It's not that I don't take pride in what I am, in what I can do. Sometimes I'm just... angry. But not in the normal kind of angry. You could call it the beast, but it just feels different."

"People who are older definitely have more experience and the like. They've endured, but the older they get, the more stagnant things become. The more people stop wanting to look at what all is there. But it isn't like the old way doesn't work, so I guess, if it ain't broke, not entirely, then don't fix it?" She found it annoying. She wants to shake things up, find better solutions than just playing pretend.

"It's a cycle and its a cycle we are supposed to follow. At the same time, respect shouldn't be given to everyone because if too many are high up on the chain, then what is the chain worth? So we use the same system to keep people down. Right? It's what creates the need to punish every little slight. Not calling anything I do little. I've caused... a few stirs that are bigger than I'd have liked."

Maybe there is a hint of anti-government left from her human days. A little?
    | BP 2

18. Likes Aeolus, , liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

"Bellemy." Bellemy responded to Maeve's question. A simple word spoken in a polite manner.

The Haunt leaned back in the chair. Bellemy had obviously walked in mid conversation. Was I meant to hear this? is Jennifer giving Maeve insight for her benefit or mine? or are both of us supposed to learn something here? came the thoughts. A sudden realization dawned and a small smile split Bellemy's maw.Ahhh I think I see it. Very wily of you cousin.

After the brief introduction Bellemy remained silent, fascinated by the conversation.

Curse: See Minisheet

20. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread