Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes had called on Circe, Queen of Summer, to Garden Grounds. Dressed in his usual suite, he had managed to forgo the tie in the Californian summer. It was too hot, even for his natural air conditioning mantle. Or perhaps especially so, as the matle was unusually muted. But this was public, and Fear was everywhere.

The lazy afternoon sun shone through the windows. He sat, fully at ease and familiar with the staff, offering smiles and good-natured chat while he waited.

The usual branches were now hidden under his mask, but it still didn't stop the classic floral scent that seemed semi-permanent to his presence.

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe arrived shortly, dressed in street casual. Nothing too flashy but she wasn't baggily dressed. She'd also had a laptop bag, and said computer, with her just in case what Rhodes needed wasn't the warrior but the technician. It said something about her preferences that the staff knew what she wanted upon her entry, three blue fingers to signal and pointing at the table with Rhodes upon it.

Circe moves to the Autumn Monarch, placing the bag beneath before sitting down to join him. "Sup my friend? What can I do ya fer?" Eyebrow waggle clearly meant there was some verbal joke there.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Eyes roll at the joke so old it should be a musuem, but Rhodes still stands, beaming, as the Summer Queen arrives. "Circe! Thanks for coming. Have you...?" he looks over to the counter where he can see people already springing into action. "Of course you have," he laughs. "Sit, please. It's been a while since we talked anything but business."

Th Flowering waits for her to sit, joining her at the table. "They have a Kenyan blend at the minute that's surprisingly nutty, if you like that kind of thing. I enjoy it. Still. How are you keeping? All ready for the Summer?"

He did have things to get to, but there was such a thing as civil discourse. Though Circe was an unconventional lady, she was still a lady and, if he really thought about it, a friend. Or the closest he could truly say that wasn't Seraphina.

Forgot the glamour for a hardened mask - corrected.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's smile is huge as Rhodes answers his own first question. Coffee arrives and they talk. "Good suggestion, that'll be cup 2."

"Busy, work is prolific," she sips her coffee and smirks, "And I'm ridiculous in how ready I am fer Summer. Got outfits and," she chuckles, "Accessories a plenty. Ya know, the right tool fer the right job," she giggles at the metaphor.

"How about you, my friend? Ya got the right outfits and tools fer dealing with the Summer?" Afer a moment she adds, "Box, string, stick, and coffee as lure is my suggestion fer defeating me," she sips her coffee with a nod.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods, smiling. "I'm sure, I'm sure. And I've been preparing a few things, obviously with the big day approaching I need to have things ready."

HE clears his throat, setting down his cup. "Actually, it was that I was hoping to talk to you about. The wedding, I mean. We've known each other, what, three years now? And in that time, I feel like we've come to know each other well. I don't have many people I let get close, but I've always felt like we can trust one another and that means a lot to me." He watches her carefully. "And it's because of that I was hoping you might help me with one of the jobs for the wedding itself. It's a very important one, for my part anyway. One might go so far as to say the best one...."

He leaves the sentence hanging, a smile spreading across his face.

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Circe had been in a good mood before, it was better/worse now. The mention of the wedding certainly got her visibly excited. Circe nod rapidly at the mention of how long they've been in town together. "Same," she quips on the mention of trust. He and Seraphina had her full faith, at least when Circe wasn't going too squee for them to tolerate.

"Oh ho ho ho! Dude!" she laughs in excitement. She is filled with energy not from coffee for once, "Do ya even hafta ask? Ya know I'd steal a elephant fer yer wedding if ya wanted one. I mean, it'd take a while but I'd find one. So, what am I doing, most likely excessively, ta help?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord rolls his eyes, smiling. "Best Man, Circe. I want you as my best man."

He waves a hand. "Most things are sorted - we've been workng on this since before Christmas - To be honest, it's keeping us all steady on the day. Making sure as little goes wrong as can be. Running beteween the two of us if we need it, before the even." He looks to her, knowing how keen she was on making things a success. "I've learned a little needlepoint for some suit modifications, but otherwise... I think we largely just need support."

"And a speech, of course."

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

That was a surprise and Circe was half tempted to correct him on gender but, "Well I could correct yer gender pronoun, but I know yer best lady is always Sera," she shrugs and sips her coffee. "Suit or dress fer me? Wait, no," she nods, "Bride's day and all that, so bridesmaid dress or suit."

That meant the question was, what color were the bridesmaid dresses? Circe did also choke upon her coffee when he requested a speech.

"Cough, cough," she thumps her chest, "Yer trusting me ta give a speech at yer wedding? Wow, dude. That IS a lot of trust." Circe coughs a few more time, "I mean, I'd trust ya both back, but I'd also appreciate yer fucking with me. Dannare," Circe sighs, "I'm gonna hafta do some research, ain't I?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes waves a hand, laughing gently. "Best woman then. It's a modern world, and I will take someone I can rely on over a gender any day of the week. And yes, she is, but what else would you have me call it? Groom's Maid of honour? I wouldn't want to insult you so." He looks over the rim of his cup as he drinks, smirking. "I would say suit - I know you can pull off the look, and I'm sure Sonnie will wand to have a fancy dress for her own. Sera's Maid of honour, naturally."

He smiles. "No, I just wanted to see if I could get you to choke." The Autumn sets his cup down gently. "No, I'm not. Circe... the two of us - Sera and I - we don't have family, as such. We have one another and our friends. And yes, I trust you. It is the one day in my life I will probably take a public mocking in the good humour of the occasion. Do you really want to miss that opportunity?" He chuckled again. "I'm not asking for a Olivier soliloquy. I am simply a traditionalist at heart with a penchant for ceremony - this is a part of that. You have always supported us and our relationship, ever since you found out. If nothing else, use it as a chance to kick-start the evening."

Large green eyes watch her. "I take it you accept, of course?"

13. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Any particular color or cut of suit ya goin' fer?" Good, a suit. Circe was a Fairest and knew she was hot, but knew enough about etiquette that you shouldn't outshine the bride at her wedding. At least not if you liked the bride, and Seraphina had Circe's favor. Sonja Wu probably knew that too and would behave until the party started.

A snort of laughter escapes blue lips at Rhodes' joke. She shakes her head in the negative when Rhodes ask about the chance to roast him. Medium rare, at worst, would be the result. Circe smiles at his diplomatic way of describing her opinion of his and his fiancée's relationship. "The only reason I wasn't a crazy shipper fer the two of ya is that the ship had already sailed over the horizon," is her honest correction of that. "Naturally I accept. Would ya prefer a happy and scary theme ta the speech? Restrain the aggressive talk? Avatar sort of all four elements thing?" Circe smiles widely as she sips her coffee. She continues, "Celebratory gunpowder? Shakespeare? I don't know which Oliver's solo quay yer talkin' about."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread