Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru had met Aurora out at the nearest gas station and then drove her out to an area well out in Walnut Grove. It was a long road of nothing but fields. Guru lived in a small pueblo style house, it probably could have been larger if he hadn't been using the space for other things. The Greenhouse to the left was obvious. The House sat squat at a single story but the walkway up the path was lined with Tulips and the edge of the house too was dotted with plants Guru didn't have a garage either leaving them to park up in front of the house.

There was a subtle resonance to the place, vibrant with life. Even the stillness of the night around them thrummed with life the occasional mockingbird cry, insects buzzing with life. Guru was cultivating power here the only way he knew how, through influencing the environment around him. It might be a slow process but he had faith in his methods.

"So, here it is. My little slice of a big dream. I only own a small plot of all this...for now. Firepits in the back. It's not much but it's enough." He hadn't been dressed for anything special his hair was relaxed and hanging loosely clearly not treated or done at all. A pair of beaten and well worn jeans, equally beaten beige work boots, and a brown short sleeve tee. This was him relaxing at home. Holding out his hands if she needed him to carry anything.

There was a path that wound around to the backyard, mostly greenery again with trees all along the back with fields all along the right the setting sun starting at a bright orange as it began to sink behind the horizon. The back end of the greenhouse stuck out from the end of the house a small toolshed perpendicular to it that was locked shut with a padlock. There was a small paved stone circle with a small circle of four wooden lounge chairs, then the firepit, wood up, kindling bundled at the bottom ready to be lit. "I know it's a little out of the way but that's how I like it."

Aurora

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She wasn’t sure where she was expecting Guru to live. But in a rather nice little house? With flowers? Was not on the list. So she was pleasantry surprised. Stepping out of her car, she just pauses to take it in. Looking to her fellow Shaman, “You know what? It’s really nice out here. Quiet, relaxing.” Where in the city, it was, well, not. She tried to make her loft calming, but being outside like this was nice.

Opening the trunk to take out some growlers and bags of takeout. There might be a flask in the bags, cause, yah. “As promised! Beer and food!” she opted for casual in old ripped jeans and a loose-fitting shirt.

Following, “Sometimes out of the way is perfect. Must be magical to sit out here with a fire and just listen to everything.” Maybe she needed to do more of that. “And, uh,” looking around, “thanks for this.”

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks, I feel the same way why I moved on out here. I wanted a place I could just get away." Though he's not around as often as he'd like sometimes, other business keeping him running around most of the time. He came here so he could stop running and just relax for a bit. Guru offered his hands in namaste before giving a small bow insisting on carrying at least some of it.

"So we can set things on the patio or just next to us around the fire, up to you." He'd run in when they were ready but for now he was getting things in their places before kneeling down to a small chest along the edge of the firepit and pulled out a box of long matches, giving it a quick shake before popping it open and offering the box to Aurora. "Privilege of lighting it is yours."

"It is, I like it. Watching the sparks drift off into the night sky, under the stars. Reminds me of the calm quiet of the night. If I want noisy and busy I'll just pop down to a club." He furrowed his brow before laughing. "Not a problem what friends are for right? So should I grab those glasses now? Need anything else while I'm in there?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She hands over one of the growlers and bags, keeping one for herself and a bag to carry. No way she’d give him all the stuff.

“Lets setup around the fire! Something tells me it’s the perfect spot to zone out and just chat.” Call it a hunch. “Me? Nice!” accepting the match and quickly lighting the fire. This was someone who was quite comfortable lighting and being around fire. For a moment or two, she appears to get lost in sight of the flames, just watching them.

“I’m beginning to wonder if maybe I need to move from the city. Find something easier and less,” a shrug, “loud? Familiar?” sighing, “Something.” A fresh start?

A shake of her head, “Nah, only glasses.” Sitting herself in one of the chairs, she starts to open one of the growlers before reaching into one of the bags and pulling out a flask. Placing it near the seats.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded at her suggestion, closing the matchbox and putting it away as he sat the growlers and food, shifting the chairs so they were closer to the food, booze, and fire. The smell of sulfur filling the air briefly as the match was struck, its flames catching the dry brush piled under as it was consumed and began crawling up the wood placed in the center casting aside the darkness of night and crawling into the sky as it illuminated the area.

"I get that. I get that wanderlust often, more so if things aren't going well. So much easier to just uproot and start again sometime." Though he looked over at her, concern clear on his face as he raised an eyebrow. he waited a second, hesitating before he walked back into the house and came back out with two glasses stacked inside each other and a single bottle of absinthe he'd bought when she'd first mentioned it clearly unopened still and added it to the collection.

He took the seat opposite her, handing her her glass as they began filling from the growlers and he took a short sip at first getting the flavor of the home-brew so he could appreciate it before it was too late. Then he took a deeper sip and sighed, lounging back in the chair, eyes on the sky as the flames drifted upward.

"I got that bottle, was going to bring it one night but I figured now was as good a time as any. So what's up?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her head nods absently, “That’s usually my MO, just pick up, hop in the car, and drive. Never with a destination in mind, just away from wherever I was.” Eyes studying the fire. “I’ve left Sacramento and returned more times than I care to count.” But she found it easier. To run. To ignore whatever was going on.

An eyebrow raises in amusement at the appearance of the bottle, “I see you have fine taste in spirits.” An approving nod given.

“Thanks.” Accepting the glass and after filling it, takes a sip as well. Just enjoying the flavor and the sound of the fire. Eyes looking at nothing really, just lost in the moment.

Smirking, “It’s always a good time for Absinthe.” To her anyways. A shoulder shrugs as she remains quiet for a moment. “I’ve just always been told it was bad to drink alone, and I didn’t want to be alone.” Taking another sip as she thinks, “I guess Campanella leaving has hit me a bit harder than I thought.” Did she want to talk about it? She wasn’t sure yet, but was letting the conversation flow, taking it as it came. “And you? What's up with you?"

8. Likes Shane liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Aurora described packing up and leaving he sighed wistfully, knowing that exact feeling, the unburdening of oneself, the desire for freedom and change. That's what it called about in Guru at least, bringing the beer up for a sip as he relished that feeling for a moment. He'd probably do the same thing as her eventually, though nomadic living was a lot riskier of a proposition now.

"Well you brought it up so I figured I'd keep a bottle around should an occasion arise, low and behold." He waved his hand in her direction as if unveiling her with a laugh. Though the mood turned a bit somber, there was confusion at first wondering what was going on. Thankfully she spared him from having to ask and be wrong. He looked down at his beer, frown on his face as he took a deeper drink this time. "Yea, man, sucks. Closest thing I ever really had to a mentor. Sad I didn't have more time to get to know him better. But...there will be another time." He wasn't Guru's first mentor, just the first Awakened one. He added with a smile and then raised his glass in the air and towards her. "To Campy, yea?"

He really couldn't help but be an optimist, he was certain that he'd see Campanella again. No reason, just belief. "This is weird for me, not this..." He added quickly as he motioned with his beer to her and him there drinking. "I've just always been on my own. I stayed unaffiliated to stay out of the shit, you know. I, ultimately, just wanted to be left alone to do my work. But a wise man pointed out to me that many hands make easy work and that there might be people who can help me along. I assume the unspoken rule of reaping the future reward but shit if he didn't make a compelling argument. It's just..." His face twisted and turned as his brain searched and searched but came up blank and he could only make a sound and shake his head.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “Nice to know someone listens when I talk.” Somewhat joking. Then a solemn nod, “He was a good friend, someone I could totally trust. I’m going to miss that.” Sadness in her voice, maybe something else. Forcing a smile, she raises her glass as well, “To Campy.” And she really only wished him well on his journey.

A soft laugh as she explained, “Nothing wrong with staying unaffiliated, it’s sometimes the stress-free way to go.” Or it could cause more stress. But there were other factors in that case. Taking another swig of her beer, “The wise man wasn’t wrong, aligning yourself has always been a good way to gain allies. But it’s not the only way you know.” Looking at him, “I know there are some of here who would help you along the way, help you with your work. My opinion? I think you’d be a great fit. But I also have your back even if you didn’t join.” She wouldn’t stop supporting a friend if they didn’t join the Mysterium. “It’s a big thing, something you should want.” Want for him. Then looking a bit unsure, “It’s just…what?”

11. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:

Monthly Spells:
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Both Guru's eyebrows raised in commiseration, knowing what it was like for people not to listen. Well, to not take him seriously at least. Frowning, pausing with the beer as the fire cracked and popped. A toast and drink shared as his glass slowly crept toward the bottom. His hands moving to the absinthe as he began working on the bottle as he mulled over the words.

"I appreciate that you'd have my back, It means a lot. I felt that way about Campanella too, he was one of the few people who didn't pass immediate judgement on who I was, ya know. When people say respect your elders, he's the example they're referring to." He stopped and looked up, the cap halfway unscrewed as he paused there and looked over at Aurora. "It's not going to be easy, but hey, that's what friends are for. Well, that and a bit of Absinthe." He chuckled and filled the last vestigaes of his beer before pouring himself a couple fingers and holding out the bottle to do the same for Aurora.

"It made sense too. I'm friends with you and Crystal, Corn and I are walking the same path until it inevitably diverges. I give up some of my freedom for the Work. That's the choice and my work means that much to me. You guys needed a reverse mullet, you know, party in the front, business in the back."

He laughed again, shaking his head with a sigh as he got to her final question. Taking a sip of the Absinthe and grimacing. "Oh, fuck, that's like straight Anise. Definitely a sipper. My life has been about escaping cages; the one I was born in, the one I was put in, the one I made for myself. I go on a full on Vision Quest and you know what? I escaped my cage just to find myself in the biggest one of all.

"Shit. What I'm trying to say I guess is that it's a big change for me, it feels confining but..." he paused for effect and kept nodding. "...many hands make easy work. So maybe, just maybe we can blow this fucking popsicle stand. But more than likely I'll die in a lab accident." He laughed and brought the glass up to down it. He swallowed it quickly, his face red as he popped out of the lounge chair and exhaled fire. "Oh, that was a mistake." He clacked his lips together trying to handle the taste in his mouth.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An absent nod, “Our numbers are small, and we need to have friends we can depend on if we need it. And you’ve grown on me.” A shrug and smirk. She hadn’t been sure about him at first, but he was proving himself to be a valuable alley. “He was great about those things, accepting people for who they were and not judging before getting to know them. A lot of people could learn a lot from that.” Gray eyes watch him work the cap, “Nothing ever is easy. But with good people around you, it’s more tolerable.” Accepting the bottle and pours herself about a shot. Maybe a little big for a shot.

Laughing, “Is that what we need?” clearly enjoying his joke.

Then another laugh at the grimacing, “Straight takes some getting used to.” Taking a moment to simply down hers. She’d done that more than once. “Well, I don’t think it was designed to be drank straight or as a shot.” Shrugging. But she was listening, “Have you viewed Orders as cages?” she asks, curious, “Because I can totally see that. Though, it doesn’t have to be confining, if things are done well. And I have a feeling you’ll not only have the support you need, but the freedom to keep being, well, you.” Orders were a big decision. Like, huge. “And maybe you just haven’t been ready for one yet. Not that it’s a bad thing, this is my second one.” Sometimes life takes you in a different direction. “You know a Master of Life, think I’d let you die in a lab accident? Hell no!” laughing as she joked. Partly.

Snorting, laughing as she held her stomach, “Oh, that was priceless!” still laughing, “There are reasons it’s mixed with water and sugar usually.” Snickering behind her hand. “Gonna make it?”

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread