(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The B-Side was a dark, comfy bar with decent beer and - as far as Crystal could tell so far - a DJ with good taste in music. Crystal was waiting for Aurora at the bar, wearing something light and casual. He was already a beer and a shot in. Yeah, Kaze would not approve, but then again: Kaze hadn't been dumped recently. The Mastigos never claimed he didn't hold any grudges.

Fuck that noise. That stuff won't bother Crystal once Madison would arrive - then they could talk about academic and political endeavours. She wanted to extend her library and he wanted to pick her brains about how she became a Councilor. Seemed like they both could get something out of this, even if it was just a comfortable buzz.

Aurora
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had been surprised by the text, but had welcomed it. Getting out and focusing on other things was what she needed. Staying at her loft was not getting her anywhere. Both academically and emotionally.

Going with her favorite leather shorts, she paired them with a lightweight white top, the weather was finally warming up. No reason one couldn't look good while casual.

Spotting Crystal, she waves and walks over, nodding to the bartender, ordering a seasonal on tap. Smiling, “How’s it going?” asks the Shaman, “Can’t say I’ve been here before, but I’m liking it!” music was always good in her book.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora's wave was returned with a bright smile and he echoed her order. "Hey! I'm fine, how are you?" Were he a bit closer to her (or a lot more empathetic) he probably would have commented on how she hadn't seemed that well the last times he saw her. Or he would have asked about Campanella's good-bye.

Instead he just raised his glas. "It's not your homebrew, but it's something. Goes to show that it's always good to explore new places." He took a few big gulps - the heat did its part to make the beer go down so much more easily - before putting down the glass and turning more directly to the Thyrsus.

"So if you don't mind, I'd get straight to the point: after May's shitfest of a gathering I'm thinking about applying myself politically. And since we seem to be cut out of a similar cloth I though I'd ask you how you got into that." There didn't seem to be a lack of Shamans in the city, so she must have at least wanted it a bit, right?
    He didn't chit-chat, he got straight to his point - although he made it seem like its not out of a lack of interest in Madison's life. He disarmingly segued from 'hello' to what he wanted to talk about.

That is, unless he totally lost his charm in the last few weeks.
    It would explain some things at least.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a half-hearted shrug, “Eh, I’m surviving. You?” but what was surviving? Was she really surviving? Maybe.

Once her own beer arrived, she raised it as well. It was good to not drink alone.

Leaning an arm on the bar, she turns to him as well. Seems they were getting right to business. A shake of her head, “That’s fine.” Taking a swig of her beer.

An eyebrow raises, amusement on her face, “Oh?” how she got into it? “Well, I’m afraid it isn’t an exciting story. I first got into it by being the only one interested in it.” Cause yeah, she used to be the only Shaman. “I then took a bit of a sabbatical, trying to work some mess out before coming back.” Another sip, “When I got back, I didn’t like the current political climate, so I changed it. I won’t lie, politics are no longer my thing, but I won’t follow someone I don’t believe has my best interest at heart. Asserted myself and what I’ve done, and that was that.” Story was hard to explain in a very public bar. “What makes you want to get into it?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Now, it didn't take an empath to notice Aurora's polite way of saying she was feeling like shit. Or maybe he was just projecting. "Surviving pretty much sums it up." Should he follow up? He phrased answers like that because he couldn't be bothered with lying about how great everything was, but he seldom expected anyone to pity him. He opted for an inquisitively raised eyebrow. There, that should suffice as an opening.
    Maybe after a few beers he'd outright ask.

Just as he thought: she seemed to be okay with cutting empty talk, which was refreshing somehow. He listened to her story while sipping on his drink. He ate a late brunch and he already felt the alcohol a bit. Which was just as well. "But you were interested, right? What didn't you like at the time, or rather: what did you change?" Aurora's devil-may-care confidence was fascinating. "And now you're staying in that position because nobody else has asked to take it?" Or maybe she was into politics more than she'd like to admit.

Crystal grimaced in an exaggerated way and took another sip of beer. He for one was glad to have a valid reason not to get into the details. "The club in San Francisco was ruled by bullies, at least in my opinion. At first I thought I could just chill here but frankly, the way P- Paul treated Andrew didn't sit right with me." Fuck, he didn't even know which Sleeper names Puck and Anima went by. Oh well, context should make it plenty clear what he was talking about. "Now I'm not saying Paul is a bully, but the way things got blown out of proportion that quickly made me want to have a say in the matter. Let's say I don't like it when people get treated unfairly."

Did he know the whole story? No. As far as he knew it was kind of Puck's word against Anima's. But back then it had also been his word against the San Fran Guardians. "I don't think we have enough club members to rip each other apart, do you?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Absently she nods, “Sometimes it’s the only way.” Or the only option.

“Well, yes and no.” it was hard to explain. “Truth be told, the one who was, I suppose you could say, in charge, was acting in a way I didn’t agree with. And I may have sort of called him out in a public meeting and took control.” Another shrug, “Kind of. Giving what I have achieved, it makes sense for me to be in the position. But I’m also willing to let someone else give it a go. But we have a society where people are more concerned with what it gets them instead of the group as a whole. And I don’t like that.” Didn’t mesh well with her.

A smirk touches her lips as she takes another drink of her beer, thinking she knows who he’s talking about. “That was,” a pause, thinking, “well, a mess. I admit, I still don’t know the whole story, as I’ve always been of the mind that there are two sides to a story and the truth is in the middle. Not to mention that I don’t think rules and punishment should be levied because someone got their fucking feelings hurt. Seems a bit childish to me.” Sighing, “My training always has me willing to hear people out, as that is what we are, or were, supposed to do.” And why she still it? No clue.

Laughing, “That would depend on who. Anyone you thinking of placing a bet on?” her voice humorous.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alright, not the time to dig deeper right now. Crystal was okay with that.

He liked Aurora's point of view. To that he toasted again. "You and me both. Something about our.. hobby makes people just lose their regard for others, it's crazy." But maybe privileged, beautiful people like they were just weren't as prone to megalomania as someone experiencing a sudden boost in leverage. "I suppose the person who had been in charged is no longer around? Are you content with how things are going right now?"

Crystal chuckled and blew up his cheeks when she summarized the situation. Childish covered it pretty well. "I hear you. I'm big on finding out truths and not jumping the gun too early, but what irked me the most that it really just boiled down to hurt feelings and a dash of hypocrisy." Being insulted by 'hierarchic terms' and then appealing to one's own position was kind of a doozy. "But I don't want to just bash on anyone here. I think ultimately the situation sort of resolved itself - but I guess I would have trusted you and Alice to handle it appropriately." The Warlock's voice was earnest - he wasn't here to butter up Aurora either. "By the way: do you have any idea what became of Andrew?" Maybe he was the reason why Winter had been so busy lately? Nah, better not start on that paranoia.

Her laugh was met with a lopsided grin. "Gee, I sure hope not. Although if there were to be some petty fights within the club I'd try to get on Alice's good side. I think she could kick some serious ass. Or heck, Chris would be my champion." And hadn't he heard about Aurora's mastery of Life? The bottom line was: as of now he wouldn't be good for long on his own. Did he want to change that or would he keep on trusting on connections?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she drank more of her beer, “It’s that whole, uh,” thinking, “hubris? Was that the right word? People tend to forget about humanity as a whole. They become the sole important thing in the world, and that is a dangerous path to walk.” Shrugging, “Well, you saw how the whole thing went down at our last meeting. He just randomly took off. And am I content?” another shrug, “I’m not sure. Things have been getting more political lately, and I’m done with politics. Spent way too many years dealing with them that I’d be glad for everything to quiet down.” Though going from a path of many, to, well, two, sucked.

“I’m not about to punish someone for name calling. It’s bullshit and something that can be cleared up with a few beers and people voicing their issues. I won’t waste my time, or anyone elses playing babysitter and putting people in time out. I actually have other things to worry about.” A bitter laugh. “But, I have a feeling it’s going to happening more often. And people need to realize we have rules in place to handle dire situations, not second graders having a pissing contest.” Yeah, they were both acting like children. A shake of her head, “I have no idea what became of him. No one’s said anything to me, and him and I were never really close. I would think if there was something going on, someone would have said something.” Shrug, “or not.” Whatever.

“Alice would be a good bet, I’d throw money on that one.” Then thinking about Chase, “Chris has some tricks up his sleeve, but I’m not sure I would bet on him just yet. There’s still a few things I need to see.” But he used to be an Arrow. “I’ve been in some situations with Alice and yeah, make her your champion.” Seemed Aurora was quite content to have her name left out.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

He finished his beer and called for the bartender. "Ah yes, the word of the hour. Hubris. You want another one? My treat." He ordered himself another glass, plus a second beer in case Aurora was a thirsty as he was. "I get what you're saying. I find politics bothersome, but I kinda get more irked out about things escalating like that. I don't feel like watching my every word lest I find myself the target of a witch-hunt." A lopsided grind and a raised eyebrow as he toasted at Aurora. "Maybe there is a way to use politics to make all of this less political? Or maybe you could step down and outsource that stuff?" Maybe there was something else bothering her.

"I'm totally with you on all of those points. But that is why I might want to throw my hat in the ring. Just wanted to ask you if there were some special things I should read up upon. Well, apart from the laws and stuff." He shrugged and gave her an appraising look. "But we could also change the topic if you don't feel like talking about that shit. Like, what about the help you were asking for at the last meeting? Wanna tell me more about that?" Maybe leaving that part of the conversation alone all together was the best idea. He didn't really want to imagine a kind of civil war in Sacramento either. Puck was full of himself, but it wouldn't go that far. Would it?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Oh yeah, keep ‘em coming.” Drinking made things easier to deal with. Or so she tells herself. “I agree. Things should not have escalated like they did, shit like that has no place in serious political things. I like to think we are all adults, and can handle minor things like adults. But,” a shrug, “maybe I’m wrong.” Chuckling, “If you can find a way to make politics less political, you’d be a saint. And actually, I’ve considered passing it someone else. Let them step forward and give it a go. So maybe I’ll talk with them about it, see if they want to. The problem is not everyone wants to step up and deal with it.” And she couldn’t force it.

“Uh,” thinking for a second before shaking her head, “not that I know of. The positions have always been handled by whomever wants to do them. Then dropped when no one wants to. I say give it a go and see what happens.” Worse case scenario, he drops it after a few months. “We can discuss whatever, I don’t like politics, but I’m willing to talk about them if needed.” Then the question about her languages, “Oh, I decided to take on building my own Library and studying Languages, specifically, ancient ones. It’s been nice to have something to focus on and learn. Give me a direction per say.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread