(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"All right, good luck with that." Jeez, must be nice to have a clearly set goal. But Crystal couldn't really hold it against him. "I'll let you know if I run across something." He was getting good vibes from the Moros - he was a bit awkward, but he got that Kaze-approved hope to make the world a better place going for him.

Eulogy's explanation made Crystal stop for a second, then burst out in surprised laughter. "Jesus, you can't just drop that N'Sync-inside joke on me like that - the gay agenda clearly claimed those for us to use alone. Besides, Joey was clearly the cutest of the lot." But that just proved that Mordechai was full of surprises, which was never a bad thing. "Also you're selling yourself short again. Sure, you might not be ridiculously good looking in a conventional way like us," a smirk and a wink to soften the blow "but you rock those suits. You're not full of yourself, you think before you speak and you want to make a change for the better. Whatever that means." Crystal emptied his glass and made a throwaway-gesture with his free hand. "Ah, sounds like I'm brown-nosing. Sorry 'bout that. I won't go on, lest you withdraw your offer again. I agree that a group meeting is the next step to see if the theory holds up to the reality of three to four individuals." But the bottle has just been opened and the evening was still young.

"So, with that settled: anything else tickling your fancy right now?"
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai smiled at Crystal's reaction to his joke and again averted his eyes at Crystal's compliments. He replied with an uncomfortable yet kindly "Thank you." He took another sip of his wine to fill the silence and thought. Well that was unexpected but went remarkable well.

He decided maybe now was a good time to get to know Crystal a little better. "Well as I sit here, I realize I don't know a great deal about you. I have a passing familiarity with the surface stuff, things in passing at the circle but if we are going to be cabal mates or even friends, maybe we should have a conversation? I mean it would be real disheartening to find out you have a large collection of plaid velvet Elvises or something when it is too late to back out. he joked. "How do you feel about shadow names? I personally hate the entire concept. Oh yeah I understand they are supposed to protect us but like really? do we really need them?" he said with a smile.

"What arcana do you think holds the potential to be the most powerful and why is it Death?" he gave a chuckle at the absurdity of the question. He was using light humor to hide the awkwardness in his lack of social skills. "Honestly, I got nothing. unless, alright serious question. What is your take on the current concillium? I personally feel there is something of a power vacuum leaving our three councilors to struggle against each other to accomplish anything. I don't get the impression the pentacle is very sturdy at the minute. Do you? I admit I could be missing something."
    • Member of the Caretakers.

4. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yeah, is there a better way to get to know someone than by announcing to have a conversation? Crystal fought down an eyeroll and instead chuckled at the Elvis joke. Luckily Corn had prepared him to deal with people less socially adept than the Warlock. "To be honest: I'm kind of only barely sold on the concept myself. I realize that it's a necessity - give some asshole the sympathetic means and they can really ruin your day without leaving their home - but sometimes I get the feeling that the Awakened lose themselves in the fantasy too much. You know? Give them a fancy name and suddenly they think they're God."

He stopped to think for a beat. "You know, I am a big proponent of being careful with all that Magic. Some People think they need to reach through the Abbys to heat up their cooking water, or get through traffic faster. That's bullshit. That's like using a flamethrower to light your fireplace." Working with Kaze had put Crystal slightly more at ease with using Magic, but he was far from comfortable. He gave Mordechai the lite-version, but his stance on the Supernal was still something he should mention.
    "So that's why I'd rather err on the side of caution when it comes to names. That's also why I don't have a quick and easy answer for your other question: at some point of reality-fuckery does it really matter how big the nuclear bomb is that you're able to drop? Although I'll gladly hear your case on Death." Even though it almost sounded like a throwaway-joke - the Moros seemed passionate about that topic, so letting him talk about it seemed like a nice way to get to know him better.

Ah, but there it was: the Silver Ladder question. Crystal was glad it came up, since it was something on his mind for a while now. "That's a hot take. Honestly? I thought Puck was blowing things way out of proportion, which caught Aurora and Phoenyx by surprise. Everyone, really. I'm glad that they discussed the matter instead of blindly agreeing with each other to show 'stability'. Then again, with the small population of Awakened here and the general coming and going, what kind of stability can you expect?" The Warlock poured himself another glass and offered Mordechai the same.
    "Which is kinda why we're thinking about this Cabal: to create some stability that's not necessarily bound to the ebb and flow of local politics. That being said.. maybe it's time for the two unrepresented Paths to nominate a Councilor of their own?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at the Moros. Crystal was toying with the idea of throwing his name in the ring - did Eulogy have any ambitions himself?

"What's your take? How would you improve things?"

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai nodded at Crystal's revelation. "YES! that, exactly. I mean, I feel like a lot of it is built up to be a barrier, keep others away, ya know?" Mordechai sighed. A notion creeped into his mind You might be oversharing, scroll it back a tick old man He sipped his wine as an excuse to stop talking.

The conversation moved on and Mordechai again nodded. "I agree with that. I am also the type of mage who takes magic seriously. I don't tend to use it for superfluous reasons. It seemed to Mordechai that as the conversation progressed the more areas in common revealed themselves. "That is a fair assessment." Eulogy smiled "Oh I jest." He waved his hand dismissively. "I don't have any real insight as to why death would be more significant."

Eulogy nodded as he took in Crystal's perspective on the Concillium. "Oh I don't claim to have any good answers, Unless maybe, have more. I completely get that the fluidity of population that Sacramento faces. I just think that having so few responsible for dictating the path that we as a whole must follow is....problematic."

sorry for short post, today wasn't great but I wanted to get something out.

8. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not that Crystal would have taken the Moros to be as much 'mad scientist' as Anima, but hearing his prudent take on Magic was a relief nonetheless. "Good to hear. So at least we wouldn't be butting heads in that regard. But hey, when we are in a Cabal I'll be looking forward in learning about your go-to Arcana a bit more in depth." 'When', not 'if'. Maybe it was arrogant of him to think that, but it really felt more and more like Eulogy was on board with the idea.

Mordechai's answer about politics felt a little bit too much like.. well, like a politician's answer. Time to dig deeper. "Would you be interested in taking charge though? Like, if it came down to it: how does being the Moros Councilor sound? Frankly, I'm toying with the idea of applying as a Councilor myself. Do I know the Lex by heart in all of it's weird corner cases? Maybe not, but I'd say I have a pretty head on my shoulders. As do you, plus you seem to have to actual know-how to back it up. What do you say?"

Crystal finished off that glass of wine as well. "So, about the Cabal thing: should we organize a bigger group meeting soon to talk about the details?" There was no need to beat around the bush on that matter anymore. That wasn't Crystal's style, much less after a couple glasses of alcohol.

Don't worry, I was out myself

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai sat eyes staring at something far off. Me taking charge? geez. I never even considered it. Let's think this through, It wouldn't interfere with any of my plans and more importantly my mundane business won't interfere with magus matters. I do enjoy a good debate and don't back down when I get a bee in my bonnet. would I be good for the community? that is the question. the thoughts floated through his mind. After a moment he answered slowly. "That is an interesting question. I haven't considered myself for a position of authority. I am not really confident other people would go for the idea. I know I have really kept to myself since I arrived and though I have been here for months this is the first time anyone has invited over to somewhere that wasn't open to the public. Keeping myself at arms length from the community doesn't bode well for a vote of confidence." He paused to breath before continuing. "That said I am sure I would preform the duties of a councilor with aplomb." he smiled then and added "I have always felt that if you only complain about a situation without attempting to offer solutions you are just part of the problem."

"I think it is a good idea that you throw your hat in you have a very similar view on things as I do. You know enough of the Lex to get by and even if I weren't a councilor myself I would be more than happy to help you research anything you might need. It is kind of a hobby of mine after all. We need fair and balanced people in positions of authority and from what I have seen you would fit nicely. You also happen to be fairly popular which doesn't hurt in a democratic Oligarchy."

The conversation moved to the Cabal and Eulogy nodded. "Yes that seems best. The only real way to move forward is to get everyone together and start hashing out the details. I am going to be honest I wasn't expecting this when I came over tonight but now that it's out there, I find myself really excited about the idea."

12. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Boy, that Mordechai sure could come up with many reason why he shouldn't do something. Crystal listened to his arguments with a friendly smile. "On the contrary: I think that an impartial quality bodes well to any potential man in a position of power. I mean, to be honest: maybe we don't even need every path represented, seeing how small the population of Mages is in the city, but I wanted you to consider it. 'Cause all the things you said about me? I could throw them right back at you. You are knowledgeable, fair and don't seem to be someone who defines his ego by putting down others. Just keep it in the back of your head for when the question does come up, will you?"

Something to note: talking with the Moros was actually pretty easy after the initial awkwardness. Kaze seemed to have a good nose for trustworthy people. Eulogy's excitement brought out a laugh and a waggle of Crystal's eyebrows. "Well you know what they say: life is full of surprises. Now you know how I felt when Kaze pitched the idea to me. I guess there are worse conditions to go into negotiations, right?" He looked at the bottle of wine, almost empty by now and then at the Moros. "No pressure, but do you want me to open up another one or is this about all the unexpected turns you can take for today?"

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai nodded sagely as he listened to crystal. Hearing it said outloud did put things into perspective. If Mordechai was honest with himself he would have to agree that Crystal had a point. "True, true. You do make some valid points. I will give the matter deep consideration and not dismiss the idea outright." another mischievous grin appeared on his lips and he added. "As long as you do too, should it come up in the future."

Eulogy smiled and nodded at Crystal's shared experience. He could indeed imagine the conversation between the other two mages. The thought brought Mordechai a smile.

When Crystal offered another bottle, Mordechai seriously considered it for a moment. He was having a very nice time and it was good to have earnest conversation with another magus and doubly so with a potential cabal mate. But then reality set in and Mordechai realized the time was getting late. He still had other business to attend to. He stood and said "Ah I would love to but unfortunately I cannot stay. Time does creep along". he smiled politely and continued "I do sincerely thank you for this. It was quite an excellent conversation and i haven't had an opportunity to just chat in quite awhile. I am sure we should find the time to do it again very soon."

"let me know when the details are sorted out for a group get together I will be there with bells on." he paused considering his words "Not literally."

I have kind of run out of stuff. I am keen to get into a group thread. I really enjoyed this. Thank you. Do you have anything to touch on?

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's a deal then." Crystal wasn't power hungry or anything, but knowing that they were on the same page about helping people and possibly were about two have a significant weight in the Consilium sounded pretty amazing.

He smiled and nodded at Mordechai's refusal. "That's probably for the better. You're not ready to see me from my bad side." He got up and made his way over to the door. "Eh, don't mention it. It was an interesting discussion and I will let you know as soon as we're looking for a date to get the whole group together. I'm glad that you're interested."

He offered a hug as a good-bye and saw his guest to the door.
    Then he thought about finishing off the bottle on his own, but put it back into the fridge instead. Kaze would be proud.

Thank you for the great scene! I'm closing this now and can't wait for the chaos that will be the group meeting!

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread