Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Public movie night at the bookstore

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 21, 2021 : Frisbee in the Park
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“Got be careful with those philosopher poets. They can get a bit obtuse with too many metaphors.” Though it was interesting to hear she was looking into philosophy. Maybe it would help keep her tied to the mores of humanity. “I’m not look for anything specific,” he admitted. In fact the fact that he now had money to spend on books was still a bit new after more than year going without.

“But I’ll let you know if something catches my interest,” he acquiesced. Since he had cash, accept the favor of being paid for was less ‘expensive’. He walked a short distance, to a shelf, running his hand over a couple covers. Trying not to smile when he heard the comment on Jennifer’s choice of meal companion. Though he happened to agree. She certainly had more self control than him if she hadn’t fed from Chris yet.

“Biographies,” he answered easily when asked what he read “Autobiographical preferably but it can get into historical fiction sometimes. Though my favorite author is Brene Brown. Which,” he nodded to Jennifer and her question “Daring Greatly is my favorite book from her that I read in college.”

JC wouldn’t have said it was a score for books. He’d been trying to say it was a give and take between two very different mediums that made it hard to judge either one as ‘better’ than the other. He wasn’t sure if Jacob was just that enthusiastic about books or if it was part of the job of working at a bookstore. So he just smiled politely and went back to browsing close by until the movie started.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled a little at Kaze and shook her head. "Oh you know, a socialite like myself needs to be well read. I work with clients with means mostly, so having interesting things to say is so important." Quinn didn't mind being underestimated or even written off entirely as an airheaded, pretty twit by Kine. It played into a lot of things with the Shadow. She liked to hide in plain sight, and Kine were very easily influenced. She wasn't sure if Kaze bought it though, but she was betting he was to polite for Jennifer's sake to comment on it. "Those are good picks." She paused a moment. "The Art of War..." she murmured her gaze sliding to Jennifer naturally on that one. Oh ho ho ho, little did he know what company he kept tonight.

Quinn's smile softened just a touch as she listened Jennifer articulate her feelings. For kine that would have been subtle, but Kindred, yeah, that hit the nail right on the head. Quinn relaxed a notch about Kaze and his buddy after she heard that. She nodded sincerely to Jennifer, letting her eyes and that softening of her expression say the things she wanted to say. A look was worth a thousand words in their society after all.

Quinn wondered if Jacob always overexplained things or was he trying to be reassuring, and just a touch offended maybe? She was used to interacting more with Kindred. That meant succinct but informative, unless you had some luxury in time. Kine seemed to think they had time, but they really didn't. She smiled a bit to Jacob's informative and thorough response. "I see. Excellent to know. A lot of sellers have gotten lazy these days. I was told to 'go to Amazon,' recently. Needless to say they lost my business. If I offended you with my question, I apologize."

"Well thank you for volunteering if I need any help interpreting anything, J.C." She replied sweetly, with a cat like grin. She fluttered her eyelashes at J.C to let him know she was teasing him and having fun with her answer. Quinn began loading herself down with what she was looking for, and it was eclectic to say the least. She picked up copies of Inferno, by Dante Alighieri, Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, The Collected Poems of Robert Frost, Fear of Dreaming by Jim Carroll, Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, Man's search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, The Dialogues (Gorgias, Meno, Theatetus, Sophist, Symposium, Phaedrus, Timaeus, The Republic) by Plato. "I'll take these, and anything my friend J.C finds to his liking or whimsy of course." She smiled warmly at Jacob.

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins at Jennifer's comments and nods, "Yeah. I love movies and shows, but I have to admit, I re-read my favorite books a lot more than I re-watch my favorite shows." He says.

"Oh, hey thanks!" Kaze says when Corn offers him the book. "That's a good idea. I mean, I'm reading it in Chinese, so it would be good to have a copy to loan to people." He explains.

Kaze eyes Quinn's stack of purchases and grins and rolls his eyes, "Oh right, just some light stuff for something to talk about." He laughs gently. "It's kind of a whole thing now, you know, beautiful and smart is in. Just cause we're talking about a book from the twenties doesn't mean men still have to think they're smarter than a woman to appreciate them."

Kaze's eyes light up when J.C. mentions 'Brene' Brown'. "Omigosh!" He practically fanboys! "I love her! I mean, seriously, her Ted Talk video changed my life!" He exclaims! "I was just watching a video today of an interview she did, about being able to be alone being like totally required to be able to be creative. You know? I mean, not being single, but being able to be part of a community and still be able to do your own thing, creatively, when no one else gets it or believes in you."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life
     Improvised out-of-path, 

PRE

Corn smiles as Kaze and his new clients talk about books and doesn't intervene. The looks of most of the people involved would draw people's attention and their sincere appreciation of books would work as a very good advertisement. They would be rolling in it by the end of the night.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes , Ruach, pisces liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"That phrase reminds me of college." She remarks to JC.
    She glances to Quinn. Dark brown eyes watch Quinn for a beat, for she was one who knew how to conduct herself to show little messages. Bread crumbs, Jennifer was reminded. Jennifer marked Quinn's response closely, and mirrored it. In some circles, this could be dangerous. Her gaze did go for JC for just a moment.
    Wondering what could be interpreted.

Jennifer was quiet as Quinn spoke with Jacob. Nodding slightly, she looked to Chris. "I was guilty of the Amazon remark myself, lately. The Language of Flowers with Rosie's Roses. Although now," She looks to Jacob. "That will all change. I do need a business card or three."

"Reading it in Chinese?" Jennifer repeats Chris's share, allowing her expression to show that she was impressed. The Kindred could definitely note that she made an effort to show emotions around the Kine. Jennifer made a note to check out this person that Chris was interested in. She did love his earnest nature. It did seem like an interesting topic. Alone for creativity.

"I can emphasize with that." She said slowly to Chris, thoughtful.
    "Yes, that would be wonderful, Jacob, Thank you for offering." Jennifer considered the selection for a moment as Jacob offered. "The Fight Club novels with a black bow and the others with a dark green bow, please."
    Once Jacob wraps the gifts, she gives him a smile. "Thank you, Jacob. I think I know the perfect people who would appreciate these books."

"Shall we find a seat?" She slips her hand into Chris's hand.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Whoops! Looks like this Shard has gone over its duration, and I forgot that I was the one who opened it!

I'll plan on closing it tonight or tomorrow, so now's the time for any last words! Thank you everyone for making it a really fun and fascinating social scene!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

12. Likes pisces liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

And so we'll let the actual movie watching happen offstage as the curtain--and time--draws to a close on this scene! Thank you so much everybody for making it very interesting and fun!

14. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread