Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
PrP: J&V - Next Steps

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram wasn’t sure if he should be flattered that Titania thought he looked 30 but when she brought up his tendency to break things… it hit a nerve. Because while it wasn’t untrue, it felt like she was using what had been down to him (the scars of his durance) against him. And that (along with the thousand angry sparks of glamourous rage he’d harvested over the last weak) triggered his wrath. No matter how sweet and lovely it sounded in her posh accent.

“HE is standing right here. And HE could probably handle a job that requires HIM to break off car doors to get to crash victims or lift debris off of people to rescue them better than say a repair job that YOU seemed to think I could handle just fine.”
    The rage pulsed along the cracks in his skin.

“This is what I want. Kill it, take over,” he growled, turning his anger to resolve against doubt. “So rather than trying to tear things apart for not being perfect, maybe you could offer ideas for solutions?” That felt mean, even as he said it but with the pain of her saying he broke everything still sharp in his chest, Ram pushed away the guilt.

“We’ll need to check for scars then before we destroy it. I’ll need to get agreements with the Mirrors or take the hit to ‘remake’ them. Get better at lying, probably learn how to hack phone and computer, learn pyrotechnics, study up on first aid,” he swallowed at that, feeling a little sick at the prospect but he was determined at this point and he couldn’t be a firefighter without it “And all the spy stuff. Missing anything?”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

2. Likes Origins, Xadun, Aeolus liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She rolls her eyes, unimpressed by the Summer's outburst. Why did they have to make things harder than they already were.
    "I did already tell you, didn't I? Spend the next few weeks observing and learning, and hope THEY don't notice", she says finally addressing the elephant in the room.
    Turns out, fetch hunting was hard, especially if you didn't know whether your keeper was still lurking around.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

4. Likes Xadun liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit didn't like this at all - general tensions were rising and he could feel the Wrath coming from Ram tugging at his own composure. Part of him wanted to grab the others and shake and yell and bringt them to their senses.

Instead he kept walking, back and forth while focusing on keeping his breathing steady and deep. "Good ideas Ram." Shifting the tone back to something positive, looking for solutions. "I used to work as a firefighter myself, I can teach you what I know. i can also be your lifeline if you have a question." The words came out forced and strained - not only was the mood in the room infectious, but it almost felt like Gerrit was giving Ram his old life instead of taking reclaiming it for himself. He knew it wasn't like this, but this cerebral insight didn't reach the petty Ogre inside him.

Another breath. "Again: I don't know if we have weeks, much less months, left. I think it noticed me shadowing it once or twice." If Gerrit weren't Gerrit he'd add the more important part of that statement: And I really think between Titania and me I was the less obvious one.
    He wasn't going to put others down to cover up his shortcomings though. "I was really careful, too. But we can't assume that any closer surveillance - its family life, the ins and outs of its relationships - would be any less obvious. I don't think we have the luxury of time." He felt his voice crack by the end of his last statement and tightly closed his mouth. Losing his temper now wouldn't help. It would make him feel better for a moment, but that wasn't worth the fall-out.

6. Likes , Xadun liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Damn straight," Circe says in approval of Ram's resolve. "No objections from me bro." She reassures him, "Just want ya ta go full ass on wasting It. No fuck ups."

"I've a backdoor inta the city systems," she assures him, "Can check fer medical records or insurance fer injuries I guess. I'll also start ta look inta the juju side," sips her coffee, "Probably ask Rhodes fer help on that," experts are most helpful when consulted.

So Gerrit and Titania had gotten made? Her mantle flares up before she taps it back down. Well, that could be solved in some ways. "Digital spying might be more stealthy," she suggested, "But if we don't have time fer Ram ta learn Its life ta fit in," she puts down her cup, "We'll hafta try a more mystical route."

Circe turns to Ram, "We've already had Rhodes help with the dreaming," then holds up her hands in a stop motion, "I know dream training is a thing so Gerrit can help ya on the firefighter end, but its life? That is files ta read and memorize." Which left them with trying to do some magical osmosis for Ram to absorb the memories. "Rhodes is smarter on this then me. Maybe he knows." Then Circe points at the door, "Or I can try ta get some good trade shit and see if the pink goblin market offers such service or knowledge." The elf smirks, "I can get mundie things they'd be interested in. Currently too, still got some dynamite. Fer a fellow Summer? No fanculo charge."

She'd a lead on more of the carbines she used herself, with ammo. Not an expensive loss and Ram was Ram. If not, she could get something more automatic for the pink peddlers.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“We’ve already spent a few weeks observing and learning,” Ram stated definitely “And we’ll never know enough.” In general with trying to learn everything the fetch had done in the years it had been active but Ram also suspected for Titania as well. She said they needed to learn more but she didn’t give any parameters for mission success. “Meanwhile the fetch would remain an active threat and discovery more and more likely.” And that was a bigger risk than the family making the frankly insane jump to the idea that Ram wasn’t the fetch.

“Further observation and recon can take place after it’s eliminated. We make our move this week,” he said. He was done arguing that point. He suspected no explanation would be good enough for the Telluric, so he didn’t justify further. “So, let’s focus on that before we get too in the weeds on everything that can happen afterwards. First we need a plan that's as solid as it can be.”

“Gerrit,” he addressed his fellow Ogre “What would work best to activate the department and keep them busy? Fire? Stage a car crash? Crank call? Other options?” No one had made any other suggestions since he'd brought up the idea of taking it out at the fire department.

“Circe, what options would be best for you or your allies to pull off? Risk of getting caught, chance of someone getting hurt, cost, ability to join back up at the fire station. How would you rank them?”

"Titania," he pushed his anger at her on track and back onto the fetch"When would be the best time to pull this off? When is he on phones and when is staffing low?"

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

And that was that, the dye is cast. So the Queen will have to go to town on the security systems at the fire station. Or the power grid. The place having no power and no cameras would be a best combination, as well as an excuse for "Ram" to have his little accident. Her allies? Well, that was a very poor choice if he meant the gun runners.

"Not much," is her quick response, "Their logistics more then wet work. Silent weapons or explosives are an option ta be supplied and I'm sure the supplier of the latter would enjoy a chance to cause a distraction," Circe sighs at that, "But very high risk of injury ta others. Silent kit cheap," Circe was the main supplier of them in town anyway, "Nightvision goggles also cheap too. Shooting it from outside would be bad, evidence and shit like that. Bombs bad idea." Depending on what the lunatic gave Circe the pursuit could range from SWAT to National Guard. Her criminal contacts in other areas, well they weren't the greatest.

"Otherwise, I can hack the power grid and fire station, make sure it is lights out fer It literally before ya hit It with a metaphor," she offers.

As for the other options, "Magical route. I'll call Rhodes ta ask him and see what I can scrounge up fer trade ta the market, have a few things aside already as I said. I dash over, see what I can buy fer knowledge. I am no expert Ram," she admits to him. Her tone is serious, "But I'm pretty sure ya can't take the memories from It after it is destroyed." Her coffee is emptied, "Maybe during? If there is a way, a service fer it, I doubt the niners I have will cut it fer price. I've some ideas but I'd need more funds and some time ta get that ta trade," assuming that the other monarchs don't shut down the deal.

Though the problem with this was it was a slight conflict of options. Circe was arrogant enough to think she'd pull off the hacking with time to spare. Getting assassin equipment and running through the Hedge though? Circe frowns as she shakes her head. Probably not. "I can't do all of that though in a week. Calling Rhodes is easy, could cazzo do it now." No mention of the hacking, "But it is either or for black versus goblin market. I ain't that fast, both will take time especially since a car won't work in the Hedge. Fer long anyway."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She feels like they're going to an incredibly dangerous place - mental wise - when the easiest solution is probably the most efficient.
    "You just need to corner him, do your thing, and then throw him in the Hedge via the first door. Sometimes he works the night shift, On Thursday nights the staff is at the lowest"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Ram was taking charge and that was a good thing: they were digressing too much into personal opinions. And having clear-cut questions asked meant that his mind cut latch onto answering those questions, which in turn meant not digging deeper into his annoyance.

He took a moment to think about Ram's question before answering. "A big fire is what would get most of them out, but that might be difficult to pull off. Uhm, a car crash might be a better bet: if there's an oil spill that could keep many people busy, they'd need to check for injured people and cut them out of the cars sometimes. Or, if we don't want to injure any unilvolved people maybe we could stage a crash of an oil tank truck." That could be harmful for the environment but that damage would be contained of the firefighters did their job. Besides, they would have to have some kind of casualty anyway.

Circe was mentioning the more occult way of getting the Fetch's memories repeadatly now. Frankly, Gerrit knew nothing about that, but she was right: maybe involving Rhodes was a good idea. "Maybe it couldn't hurt to ask Rhodes? Even if what he could do would take more time it could help you. If there was a way to regain the memories you would have to fake it for a short time." The Render was getting impatient and while Gerrit saw where he was coming from, they shouldn't swing too hard the other way and rush into things blindly.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram was quiet, staring intensely at nothing as he let the battle scenarios play out, idly scratching the base of one of his horns.

Thursday night was the limiting factor. That’s when it had to occur. Gerrit thought tanker crash was the best option. Which meant during nonrush hour times. Big traffic pile up harder to pull off safely. Fewer cars. Higher speeds. But it would make staging a tanker crash safer with clearer roads. And left the option of how to stage a crash like that. Pay off the driver? Could tip off cops. Blow the tires? Either by shot (Circe could probably manage it) or road spikes. Dangerous at speed. Steal? Make a set up to press the gas, aim at a ditch or concrete border, jump out before up to speed.

“Circe, you’d have to get a trucker schedule from a gas company in a couple days. Then highjack a truck at their lot or making a gas station delivery. Then run into a ditch or barrier. Safest to park on an on-ramp and put a brick on the gas with emergency lights going or something. Maybe a small incendiary for effect to start a fire and make sure it spills. Doable without getting caught?” It would have to happen fast and then get to the fire station. And they’d have to plan for her possibly not making it before it all went down.

He gave a long rumbling sigh when the getting the thing’s memories. The idea of downloading its thoughts was uncomfortable but they weren’t wrong that it would be useful.

“Okay, we call Rhodes. See what he knows is possible. And,” he gave a short growl “If it needs to be alive for, like, market exchange or whatever, then this turns into a snatch and grab. Knock it out. Get it into the Hedge and tie it up in the Summer hollow I guess.” He liked that even less. “I’d still have to stay behind with a ‘head injury’. Hold down its life till we could get the memories if it turns out to be a market thing. But I if it is something we have to go to market for it can wait till after this week. One thing at a time. First we got to kill or capture it. That's the focus.”

He gave a nod to Circe. A lot of this plan seemed to be depending on her talents and contacts. He didn't want to overburden her. “Call him. See if memory transfer is even a thing that can even happen with fetches. Or give him the heads up that I'd owe him a favor if he spent the next couple days looking into it and got back to us before the mission.” Yeah, getting the memories would be useful, but Ram was still unwilling to let the fetch go free. Death or capture. It got taken off the board.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe freezes up as she hears Ram's plan. A very 1980s action movie type of plan. Circe would have to due a little more hacking then that, and grab a skin suit for herself. Gloves, hood, goggles, and a jacket form a gang she didn't like maybe. But damn, she smiles widely at Ram's orders. "Oh ho ho ho! Audacious, I like it! Flashy Ram. If I fanculo their cameras and server, leave some foreign scrap code," blame cartels maybe, "Hafta check fer security guards and dogs though. Less not noticed and more not me blamed. Gas station? Uuuuh," Circe had no idea how complex the process was but it'd be hard to not get seen doing that.

And standing around in a full covering gimp suit would be VERY suspicious on a gas station's cameras. "I've no idea how the refuel process goes but there'd be a worker in the station too."

Circe holds up a hand to start counting, "I can wear something ta hide everything about me, but that'd look really weird on a gas station's camera," two, "I know of one station where I could bribe the attendant but pretty sure yazuka'd want the gas fer themselves," three, "And if I screw up their refueling thing, maybe boom. Premature boom, nobody likes premature detonations."

Spilling it? "Spilling should be easy, just like crack open a hatch set it ta crash and," Circe makes a popping noise with her mouth, "Green door ta the park after making sure it booms. Matches are cheap."

"I can also check the black market fer drums of low grade but flammable barrels of shit. Less theft, more time." She'd just be making another phone call. Speaking of phone calls.

Retrieves her phone, "Right! Always trust an expert in their field." And starts dialing for Rhodes.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread